Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Good for them. I didn't bother since I have decreasingly less interest in ports or remasters that don't include the original versions and that don't include later versions that had added content.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
2m seems kinda low given it's split by 6 games and they've been out on Steam, iOS and Android for over a year. If SE hadn't bungled the packaged Switch/PS4 release so bad I bet it'd be a lot higher too.

Mr.fresh

Oct 31, 2017
Gonna buy on PS5 and Switch soon as they go on a deep sale. FF is one of my favorite series and I've never played 6. Played the rest on PSP , DS, and GBA.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
They got 6 sales from me, been dying for this type of update to these games.

Chrono Trigger next plz

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
This thread is quickly going to fill up with "Imagine what it would've done if they'd made more physical copies" and it's a somewhat valid complaint, but I'll bet most of those people who missed out just bought digitally anyway, and the vast majority never intended to do anything but, unfortunately.

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
This thread is quickly going to fill up with "Imagine what it would've done if they'd made more physical copies" and it's a somewhat valid complaint, but I'll bet most of those people who missed out just bought digitally anyway, and the vast majority never intended to do anything but, unfortunately.

I think it was one of those situations where us physical buyers who missed out feel like... big sales were the OBVIOUS outcome and they should have planned better for it.

Altezein

User requested ban - Corrupted by Vengeance
Banned
Mar 21, 2021
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Deserved!! I'm still halfway through the series, only bought and completed I - III, hope I have time to do IV - VI this year!
(I'm waiting for the QoL changes to make it into steam though... like disable random battles, etc)

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
Seems pretty good for such old games. I'm definitely planning on picking them up once the price drops a bit.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
They were dumbasses for releasing this only on phones and PC, look at these numbers Squenix, that's how many people love and want to play your games ON CONSOLES.
Square always makes weird dumb decisions all the time. Now they really should have made physical copies more of a priority and actually sold them outside of their online store.

Nov 19, 2019
I was originally one of those people super annoyed by the limited physical runs, but it was actually sort of a blessing in disguise. I really only needed/wanted FF2 and 3 (2 I never beat, and 3 I've never played) so just snagging those two independently for a lot cheaper than the total collection was nice.

struggler

Mar 2, 2022
I would been more sales if they release more physical copies outside of the Square Enix store... like, what were they thinking?

SpecX

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Nice, I want to add to that number, but I want a physical copy. Going to keep an eye out for Square to release more copies and will buy the digital copy in the summer time with hopefully a price drop.

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
I would been more sales if they release more physical copies outside of the Square Enix store... like, what were they thinking?
I genuinely think SE underestimates the value of these retro FFs. I mean there hasn't been a version of FF on consoles for two generations, meanwhile we had two mobile versions.

But fortunately these sales will tell SE how important they are as evergreen media.

Deleted member 128578

Dec 2, 2022
It's really good to have 1-6 on modern platforms and stuff like the boosters is greatly appreciated so I'm happy these have done well, I had a blast plaything through FF3!

My only complaint tbh is that I don't get why they got rid of the character artwork in some of the text boxes in FF6. Just seems like a really odd choice that serves no real purpose other than to make the dialogue boxes less interesting visually.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Impressive.

I'm still so undecided on this collection.

I don't think I've dabbled much at all in FF prior to VII.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
They should do these remasters for Dragon Quest 1-6 next

Considering how expensive second hand copies of the DS games are on eBay and how quickly the physical edition of this game sold out, it really feels like Square Enix just doesn't pay attention to the collectors demand for its catalog titles.

Like they're not Atlus, NIS, Marvelous/XSeed, or even Koei Tecmo. They're Square Enix and you'd think they would be at least matching Capcom and Konami's energy of rereleasing stuff physically.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
It's insane Square made such limited copies of the physical edition. It would be an instant ps4 buy if I could actually get one but now I'm just waiting for a sale on FF VI. It kind of reminds me of Metroid Prime remaster, something everyone clearly wanted for years but let's go ahead and make it difficult to obtain.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
They were dumbasses for releasing this only on phones and PC, look at these numbers Squenix, that's how many people love and want to play your games ON CONSOLES.
This was always the planned course of action. A ton of people double-dipped simply because of the late console release.

They always knew, they weren't "dumbasses."

Oct 27, 2017
Mount Airy, MD
My kingdom for them to keep doing this with other SNES-era titles we didn't get (well, ones that don't get the Live-A-Live treatment). I'm absolutely loving playing these on Switch at long last.

Rbz

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Did the PC version get updated with the new additions?

No, but apparently they want to port the additions over. No promised timeline though.

I had bought the bundle for steam deck, then refunded it when I found that out. Picked it up on switch instead.

Turning off encounters in FFIV is a game changer, makes it so much more enjoyable to play. Put XP on 2x or 4x, then off encounters and go through an area, then do a tiny bit of auto-battle assisted speed grinding before a boss fight.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
No, but apparently they want to port the additions over. No promised timeline though.

I had bought the bundle for steam deck, then refunded it when I found that out. Picked it up on switch instead.

Turning off encounters in FFIV is a game changer, makes it so much more enjoyable to play. Put XP on 2x or 4x, then off encounters and go through an area, then do a tiny bit of auto-battle assisted speed grinding before a boss fight.
Thanks. Yeah, those in particular feel like big qol upgrades. I'll probably wait for an update because the collection is pretty expensive, and I can't justify that double dip. Unless they had a physical reprint. lol

Zekes

Oct 25, 2017
I wanna get the bundle, as I've never beaten any of the classic FFs, except FF1 Dawn of Souls, despite having played them all but $100 CAD is a steep ask, especially with Zelda almost here

OP
OP
Izanagi89

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
I wanna get the bundle, as I've never beaten any of the classic FFs, except FF1 Dawn of Souls, despite having played them all but $100 CAD is a steep ask, especially with Zelda almost here

Honestly, I don't have the time either, which is why it works out great to buy them one by one. Bought FF1 and finished it last week. When I have a gap again I'll pick up the next one.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Awesome but not too surprising. I have enough FF in my backlog that I'll be waiting for a sale

GlacialTruffle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Super happy with these ports. No more fiddling with different systems and translation patches to find decent versions. Yeah, they stutter, and the text is inconsistent, but outside of some technical details, this is the most I've ever enjoyed these games.

Havok

Oct 27, 2017
Northern VA
Honestly this sounds pretty low for total sales of 6 games + a collection on multiple platforms, especially for their biggest franchise. If the majority of the sales are just from the console release then that sounds a bit better, I guess.

Maybe they shouldn't have fucked up the physical release so badly.

Zekes

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I don't have the time either, which is why it works out great to buy them one by one. Bought FF1 and finished it last week. When I have a gap again I'll pick up the next one.
Yeah I thought about getting them piecemeal, but I'm good to wait for the bundle to go on sale. I know I want all of them, and I have other games I want to play in the mean time

tiesto

Oct 27, 2017
Long Island, NY
Between this collection, the FF7 remake, FF16, and Final Bar Line, I'm more hopeful for the future of this series than I have been in years. Hopefully this will mean more remasters and collections down the line.