• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
So as soon as boot camp starts and Del is in that dark area, it should be pitch black there but the black levels are elevated here. Did anyone else notice that as well? In such areas I would expect it to be inky black, 4 did that perfectly well. Maybe it's a settings thing? I do have Boris' settings now though.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
So quickest way for me to join Arcade Deathmatch was to start the search, wait for 30 seconds and then cancel. Then go into ranked and koth and it launches soon after.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
So quickest way for me to join Arcade Deathmatch was to start the search, wait for 30 seconds and then cancel. Then go into ranked and koth and it launches soon after.

I'll try that tomorrow then, because after boot camp and I tried versus I got nothing but errors after a match finally had been found. I'm gonna quit for now, boot camp was fun.

roly82

Apr 2, 2019
Arcade mode sucks to be honest, all about rifles, doesn't feels Gears. I hope they solve the matchmaking soon.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Arcade mode sucks to be honest, all about rifles, doesn't feels Gears. I hope they solve the matchmaking soon.
Versus in general is going to have a greater emphasis on rifles due to the unified weapon tuning, and rifles focusing more on recoil control and landing headshots than spray-n-pray.

rainking187

Oct 25, 2017
Got killed earlier and my camera cut to a guy on my team spinning in circles firing into the ground. Real helpful dude.

Friskyrum

Jun 25, 2019
Just got into a match and my game was stuttering like crazy for some reason, wasn't lag, my FPS kept tanking to 45 for no reason randomly. Never encountered that yet beforehand.

Mar 6, 2019
Man I'm eating crow here. I thought gears 5 looked very underwhelming at e3. Now that I'm playing it, it's the best Gears ever, by a long shot. Super smooth and tight shooting and movement coupled with more tactical map design, better sounds and balance, and every match feels intense and fun.

Gears is back!

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
Oh nice got kicked from a game. Said I was missing something load out related.
Game feels incredible to play and I'm trying to keep in mind this is a tech test but damn.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
My main concern is how the talon autopistol spits in the face of close-quarters combat by melting people at ranges the Gears 4 gnasher would find obscene.

Ecco45

Mar 19, 2018
Not able to get into a single match on PC in Japan, just continues to search.

Can't tell if that's a server issue, or there's just not any players in the Asia region.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
i just cant wrap my head around gears movement. sometimes i dive, sometimes i take cover. sometimes i switch covers, sometimes i pop up looking stupidly at my enemy. its fine for a low punishment campaign play through but i've always found it problematic for multiplayer. this is gears though.

ericsp17

Oct 27, 2017

Just finished my first arcade match and loved it. Never really cared for the previous games' shotty-fest, and avoided mp because of it. I had a really good time, it reminded me of Uncharted 2's beta where it was a good leap in gameplay and felt like something that could be special. Hopefully Gears 5 sticks the landing like that game did.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
This game is insanely well optimised. Getting a buttery smooth 4K Ultra 60 FPS on my 1070 Ti. Couldn't get into an online match but not too fussed - just wanted to see how the game would run.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
Dog I just wanna play KOTH. Arcade just further reinforces that the Gnasher will always be the soul of GOW combat.

OP
OP
Dyashen

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Played a couple of matches. Controls felt super tight, 60fps on og xb1 with pretty impressive visuals and i got called pathetic at the end of the match by Jinn.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
So I never really got into Gears multiplayer before, but man I have loved the Arcade matches that I have played! I guess the mode is good for people like me who want to have fun in PvP before attempting to "graduate" into other PvP modes. And man it looks great and is smooth as butter even on a 1080p screen on travel, can't wait to see this on my 4K HDR display on Sunday.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
It's only minor, but I definitely spotted aliasing in the boot camp. Mostly in the background and some edges. For the most part and where it truly matter it looks real good and crisp though.

I do wonder how that will go for campaign where the locations are much bigger and more open and even more impressive visually.

Deleted member 7373

Game feels pretty decent but man I don't think I like this "Arcade" mode at all.

aember

Oct 26, 2017
When you win as the Swarm, is that Adam Fenix talking as the announcer? :O
Niles Samson, the creepy AI from the New Hope facility in Gears 2. Same guy voices Lt Kim.

Holy shit KB/M is such a game changer for the marksman game. Level 7 and I'm already sniping nearly as good as I used to back in the Gears 2/3 days.

Smidget

Oct 27, 2017
Have 2 friends on XB1, can I join them on PC for this test?

Edit: Also is there no best of 5/7/whatever round elimination TDMs?

Last edited:

kinjx11

Banned
Jan 24, 2019
2080 ti can handle this tech test easily @ 4k ultra graphics

hopefully i can i get in a match :D

Wahad

Oct 26, 2017
So Arcade is totally opposite of everything what Gears ever was. Its just a team take a position and shoots with rifles and so on. No rotations, no rushing, just duck and shoot, like in a shooting gallery. And I'm not even bitching because I'm not even bad, totally opposite, for now.

But I couldn't take it off my mind through the whole time I was playing. Totally different gameplay. But yes, no Gnasher start and so on.

Cant wait for Ranked to start working.

RepedeYuriKarol

User Requested Ban
Banned
Jul 17, 2019
lol Wow people are really salty about arcade mode, I love it. Good change of pace from the wall bouncing competitive mode. Both can co-exist.