USF

Oct 28, 2017
Guys should the bonus packs show up in "ready to install" on Xbox?
I got the Ultimate Edition via XGPU but can't see the packs ready for installtion

Razors4edge

Nov 12, 2017
The game crashed a good deal into Act 1 on PC and it will never load into game again, just infinite loading. Second restart, same thing. Hopefully won't have to make a New Game.

So far the game seems good, polished and Gears of War'ish, obviously. Looks great, like Uncharted 4 at times in the beginning.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Finding the new Jack abilities and the quick melee mean the combat has a slightly more expansive feel. It's really enjoyable: I am playing on Experienced/Hardcore and using Jack I can be aggressive and move out of cover a lot. I think/hope once you upgrade Jack to essentially reward style kills with quicker ability use you could chain things together. It's really cool. Just need that mace now!

Also, the Lancer GL is so satisfying.

bonch00ski

Oct 25, 2017
I knew God Of War was an influence but i didn't think it'd come across in the title screen, it reminds me of GoW just in the winter.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Really like how Jack is used. You can really use him in combat and do some cool stuff instead of just simple shooting.

ScrewyAurum

Nov 3, 2017
Ok, the production levels are something else!
Act 1 is still very much classic Gears in terms of gameplay but the Storytelling is already a massive step up.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Also Act 1 chapter 3 has really good sound design

it really feels like a warzone.

FunMouse

Apr 30, 2018
Played some Multiplayer rounds before trying out the campaign. Had lots of fun and like how smooth it runs on PC. Tried the campaign and did not get far but its pretty lol.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
I've never done the NZ trick before, so all I do have to do is change the region of my X to NZ and the game will unlock?

Can I change back to my region or do I have stay with NZ until the game unlocks everywhere?

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
unlocking early on PC is simple. I just opened my region settings and switched it to NZ. Took two seconds and the game launched.

Works really smoothly on gtx 1060 so far. Surprised by how smoothly it runs, frankly

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I've never done the NZ trick before, so all I do have to do is change the region of my X to NZ and the game will unlock?

Can I change back to my region or do I have stay with NZ until the game unlocks everywhere?
Yes. You can then switch back once it unlocks where you are, otherwise you are back to the "too early" message.

kaospilot

Oct 25, 2017
Does classic Quickplay have KOTH? Says it has modes like dodgeball, arms race and tdm but can't find a specific mode listing

Edit. Never mind yes it does have koth

MasterLeePhD

Oct 28, 2017

Yep. Change the region to NZ, restart the console and play away. Just change the region back tonight after 9pm.

SpaceKangaroo

Oct 28, 2017
Just played like 10 minutes of Horde mode to test settings. Waweee this game plays so well on M/KB. I don't remember being as impressed by Gears 4 but I think they've hit the perfect balance of looks/performance/controls. Speed of recovery during melee encounters just feels super snappy along with gunplay. Excited to play more!

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Just played like 10 minutes of Horde mode to test settings. Waweee this game plays so well on M/KB. I don't remember being as impressed by Gears 4 but I think they've hit the perfect balance of looks/performance/controls. Speed of recovery during melee encounters just feels super snappy along with gunplay. Excited to play more!
The changes to gunplay alone makes it feel so much better. During the test gunplay just felt so good and very responsive and less Gears than the previous games.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Just played through the tutorial and tinkered with my video settings while on my lunch break. It looks and feels awesome! Hoping the Halo: Reach characters unlock soon as I didn't see them in game anywhere yet. But I'll be focusing on campaign after work anyway so...

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I have work to do and ya'll are over here cosplaying as Kiwis and living the dream without me. What happened to solidarity?!