• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Love gears as a franchise, with the exception of gears 2 there's seemingly less hype with every subsequent sequal. Crazy to think it used to be on the level of Halo

i mean, Halo basically went through the same cycle. And a bunch of big series like Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, God of War etc. Once you have 3 or 4 games that basically have the same formula people tend to get franchise fatigue and you have to take a longer break or mix up the formula.

Deleted member 40133

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
i mean, Halo basically went through the same cycle. And a bunch of big series like Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, God of War etc. Once you have 3 or 4 games that basically have the same formula people tend to get franchise fatigue and you have to take a longer break or mix up the formula.

At one point Halo and Gears of war "intersected" on the X and Y axis as far as popularity goes. I would say Halo dipped, flatened out and is going up again. With gears I feel it's been downhill since two

Aug 26, 2019
Just bought a PS4, gonna preload tonight. Debating whether to play this in docked or handheld though. Have they released recommended specs yet for mobile?

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
People saying the marketing is abysmal but they have you here talking about the game and anticipating it. Heh

Ehhh that's because we are an enthusiast forum talking about a major upcoming exclusive. We'd be dissecting it whether good or bad - the success of videogame marketing isn't whether or not we're talking about it here. The Gears 5 marketing has been pretty poor.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The lack of hype could be a benefit if the game ends up being a surprise gem.

It's looking like it might be something special after all.

Deleted member 19924

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Gears 5's marketing has been poor but people here are being ridiculous if they think the game has NO hype at all. lol

Deleted member 18951

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia press said they were excited to share what they played and such.
I don't think the event would be that glowing if it was bad considering the game is gold now.

Excited to share what a let down it is!!

Nah, in all honesty I think the previews on Friday are going to be really positive, Rod knows how to get the most out of his teams and i fully expect this to be the best Gears yet - as far as the quality of all the different modes go.

TheWeaponeer

Jul 24, 2019
On Reddit they are saying the game is 57.72 GBs on the XBox1, commentary from this post states the PC version is 66 GBs.

efd4kax4l3j31.jpg

Jomatto

Oct 25, 2017
I'm playing through Gears 4 for the first time on Insane and the difficulty spike on Act 4 onwards is... well, insane. I'm sort of enjoying it, but at the same time, it's been really frustrating. Probably not the best idea to start out on the hardest mode.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm playing through Gears 4 for the first time on Insane and the difficulty spike on Act 4 onwards is... well, insane. I'm sort of enjoying it, but at the same time, it's been really frustrating. Probably not the best idea to start out on the hardest mode.
I just beat the game on solo Inconceivable.

I hope insane in Gears 5 doesn't have the insta death on.

Vj27

Feb 10, 2019

Not the best quality but he live streamed a bunch of gears 5 today. Horde and versus (well showing all the game modes for it) and more. This vid should put all the escape looks to easy worries to bed. E3 didn't do it justice, it was on easy for most people, had to dig just to find quality gameplay then. Anyways It honestly looks harder than horde mode. People are going to end up making some impossible ass escape maps lol.

cgpartlow

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
Is the 3rd player in campaign forced to take Jack or can you take a normal player?

I think you have to be Jack, but I just played Horde mode as Jack at Microsoft's pre-pax event and he is fun. He can heal teammates and stun enemies but also hijack them and control them which then let's you play like a normal controlling character but depending b on who you hijack to can get unique abilities.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I really...really...really cannot wait to get my limited edition Gears 5 X1X. I ordered through the Microsoft store for the first time and am hoping they come through and get it to me on launch day. Gonna spend all day tomorrow reading campaign previews!

Status
Not open for further replies.