• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
raw it's crisp, a bit spicy, fresh, compliments savory flavors super well and compliments the sharpness of a sauce

roasted it's deep, soft, sweet, buttery, adds a layer of smooth garlic flavor to whatever you want to kick sommit up

goes with meat, goes with veg, goes with soups and stocks

breath be damned, gimme more garlic

giphy.gif

tumblr_pgvtmm1ed31rntxqeo2_500.gif

tumblr_pgvtmm1ed31rntxqeo1_500.gif

giphy.gif

NFS0WeC.jpg

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Never understood people considering garlic breath to be a bad thing. Garlic smells fucking amazing.

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
Strange to think "garlic eater" used to be a common insult for Italians and whatnot. Like, why wouldn't you eat garlic?

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
pretty sure my BGC (blood garlic content) is at like a .2 at any given point. top five flavor of all time

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Smashed and microplaned garlic is amazing. Aldo. Throw it into a mortar and pestle and smash it to shit. The oil it makes is to die for.

Kapryov

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I used to use garlic in cooking all the time, until I overdid it just one time. I think I still need a break from it after that.
Garlic bread is ok though, that can stay.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
yesterday i asked my girlfriend 'do you think we put too much garlic on things' and she said 'no' as i minced an entire clove for our stir fry

plz share mincing methods my technique is inexact

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
yesterday i asked my girlfriend 'do you think we put too much garlic on things' and she said 'no' as i minced an entire clove for our stir fry

plz share mincing methods my technique is inexact
ive got one of these

A5B5_131493326348189649Hvulgwy15K.jpg

where you press down and then rock it back and forth to mince it

like it well enough, doesn't leave much of a mess and cleans easy

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Indian food uses a ton of garlic. I don't know where the entire "garlic breath" complaint comes from.

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
I planted a load of garlic in my raised bed a month ago. It should be ready by June. I love cutting the top off and roasting it with salt and pepper and olive oil.

Frankish

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Whoa I was expecting a bunch of terrible takes. Good to see Era respects the best ingredient. In my Italian family I grew up eating loads of the stuff, it's in pretty much every dish. But it is a huge part of many delicious cuisines, from all over the world.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I ran out of fresh garlic today and I can't get more because I've been drinking all day. I am going to make some seared chicken breasts with a cream sauce though. It'll still be good. I have garlic powder at least.

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's also great about garlic is it's useful in so many different cuisines and dishes.

Its great in pasta or on pizza while also being awesome in say an Asian stir fry dish.

Oct 28, 2017
garlic is good in literally fucking everything
literally
fucking
everything
EVERYTHING
EVERYTHING
YOU THINK I AM MISUSING THE WORD "LITERALLY" BUT I ASSURE YOU I AM QUITE CONSCIOUS THAT I AM, IN FACT, NOT

Oct 17, 2018
I made pasta aglio e olio yesterday and my fingers still lightly smell of garlic even though I've washed them multiple times and had 2 showers.

I definitely don't mind though.

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god, yes, garlic is fucking amazing. Always double the amount of garlic a recipe calls for. Always.
Bonus that your fingers smell delicious for the rest of the day, too.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Hot pan

Olive oil, in

Diced onions, in

Thin sliced garlic, in

Literally any meat or veggies, in, and it's delicious and makes the house smell wonderful.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
if ya dinner recipe doesn't contain "saute the onions and garlic", then rethink things

Hot pan

Olive oil, in

Diced onions, in

Thin sliced garlic, in

Literally any meat or veggies, in, and it's delicious and makes the house smell wonderful.
dawg this is it, b. whipped up this bomb ass stir fry in 30 mins with some chicken/mushrooms/garlic/onions/brocolli I had in the house with a oyster/sriracha/chili sauce mixture over cheap ramen noodles...that shit was hitting, bro

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
I agree that garlic makes everything better, but I'm usually to lazy to use it. Luckily my partner does most of the cooking. I don't think he's comfortable in a house unless he knows there is garlic in the fridge. He worries that climate change will take garlic away from him.

if ya dinner recipe doesn't contain "saute the onions and garlic", then rethink things
The first think we ask ourselves when we're at the supermarket is: "Do we have enough garlic and onions? Let's get more just in case."

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA

dawg this is it, b. whipped up this bomb ass stir fry in 30 mins with some chicken/mushrooms/garlic/onions/brocolli I had in the house with a oyster/sriracha/chili sauce mixture over cheap ramen noodles...that shit was hitting, bro

Hell yea. Buy the yaki soba noodles from your local "international mart". The seasoning packets are good, but honestly I just use the noodles with the kind of combination you did. Cabbage and beef are a great combo.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
I love roasted garlic.

But my favourite has to be pickled garlic. Crunchy and delicious mmmmmmm.