Mashing

Oct 28, 2017
Will they take one with a broken disc drive (which basically means it's just a digital only PS5)?

Edit: Looks like they will, just wouldn't be the full value.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
Called a bunch of gamestops in my area and none of them are taking the Series X because they got too many in stock.

Anyone know of places in the bay area?

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
Holding onto my Series X. Game sharing is the only reason anymore. I'd have to buy two copies of multiplayer games on PC instead of just the one on Series X for my brother and I to both play.

cgpartlow

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
I bought my extra Series S for $150 through a verizon rewards program, to be a travel machine and emulation station to go with my Series X. Now that I have a steam deck for travel and emulation I don't really need it. I could actually make a profit...

Kickfister

May 9, 2019
This is more tempting than it should be. I just increasingly have little need for modern consoles. Would actually jump on this if the PS5/Series X weren't the de facto best way to play backwards compatible games, cause that's basically all I've got them for.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Eating just a $75 loss on my PS5 DE 3.5 years on is tempting given how little I've used it over the past couple of years and change - never mind the only announced exclusive I'm interested in is DS2, which doesn't drop until sometime in 2025 and will almost certainly have a PC version sooner rather than later.

On the off chance they somehow manage to sell me on a Pro via 60fps GTA6 or some other announcement, I'd already have a leg up.

Argh but Bloodborne, though!

Norris1020

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Feel bad for the one employee each store has that probably has to turn a lot of people away because I imagine these stores don't carry that much cash for a bunch of these trade ins.

D23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tempting to offload my series x now and use that towards ps5 pro...

Oct 27, 2017
That's the price for a dead console. People really need to stop expecting to walk into Gamestop with broken/dead tech and walk out with hundreds of dollars in their pocket.

Forgive me for doing the absurd thing of using the link in the original post and searching for "Steam Deck" in a GameStop trade in value website that ostensibly shows trade in values for consoles.

Not sure where you're getting the notion that I'm trading in a broken console tbh, but more power to you.

Oct 25, 2017
I currently don't have the energy to deal with people/private sales.

Might be a good time to offload my extra Series X, Series S, Switch and Steam Deck. I also never touch my mint OG PS5 with dark plates and 2TB extra storage.

unknown_nut

Sep 12, 2022
Just came back from Gamestop. Traded in my PS5 Digital launch edition for 300. They didn't have cash so I got a Visa debit and I just used the ATM to withdraw most of it. Now I'm left with 7 dollars in that card. I'll just use it for a tank of gas I guess?

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Forgive me for doing the absurd thing of using the link in the original post and searching for "Steam Deck" in a GameStop trade in value website that ostensibly shows trade in values for consoles.

Not sure where you're getting the notion that I'm trading in a broken console tbh, but more power to you.
My bad, that's clearly a website error that I didn't notice. If you look at the lower GB sizes they are worth more on there. The reason why I assumed you looked up a broken one is because that's what that price is for. There's three states you can choose when trading in a Steam Deck, "Working", "Damaged", "Dead". The $10 price it's displaying on what you looked at is the price for Dead. No idea why it's showing that there. I jumped the gun a bit because this was a repeat thing here, I've seen like three posts in the past few months alone of people claiming they went into a Gamestop and were offered a certain price for a system, and it takes very little research to see the price they were given is for a broken/dead console. But I do apologize for saying you did that, as I just didn't notice the website error.

Ibuki

Feb 6, 2021
Just came back from Gamestop. Traded in my PS5 Digital launch edition for 300. They didn't have cash so I got a Visa debit and I just used the ATM to withdraw most of it. Now I'm left with 7 dollars in that card. I'll just use it for a tank of gas I guess?
Did they offer you the Venmo option or say anything about it?

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
$300 for my XSX. No one knew how to use Venmo there but I got the cash. Gonna put that aside for a Switch 2 or PS5 Pro!

Though I had to wait 10 minutes for their safe to open but whatever. Easy in and out.

unknown_nut

Sep 12, 2022
Did they offer you the Venmo option or say anything about it?
Venmo option, I called before hand.

I also had to wait for them to update everything since I didn't turn on my PS5 in months. Just got to have everything from PS5, controller, usb for controller, power cable, console stand, and hdmi. You don't need the box though.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017

If you are a frequent amazon shopper you can reload your gift card balance for the exact amount of the prepaid debit cards, I usually do that since i tend to forget about those cards while amazon balance lasts forever.

There used to be an option to reload balances into paypal as well but dunno if they still have that program or what sort of fees there are.

Ibuki

Feb 6, 2021
Just sold a Disc PS5 and it was mostly painless. The cashier said "They don't do cash anymore" and I didn't want to argue so I just asked for the Venmo option. It was pretty painless after that, it took about 1-2 minutes to show in my account so I just waited at the store until I could confirm.

Angst

Oct 27, 2017
My local GS won't take series x's anymore FYI.

Not sure if this is the case elsewhere.

Edit: The town over apparently isn't either.

Scoobert

Oct 25, 2017
I sold my XSX couple hours ago. I got 330, not a member. Cash. They were super nice. Had to open the safe to get the money. In and out in 15 minutes.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
I love it when a Pro sub will actually bump up the trade value enough that it pays for itself.

mztik

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Been thinking about selling my Series X for a few months now.

Glad I was able to sell it today to the ones I thought were the biggest con artists of all, GameStop.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
I might trade in my PS5 and just put that towards a Pro. I haven't touched my PS5 in a while anyway.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can also do exact giftcard on Amazon.

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna sell my Series S back to them since Microsoft effed over the emulation scene on it which is what I got it for.

What do they require with the system? Controller, power cable, HDMI cable?

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I packed up my Series X for trade. I think I'm done with Xbox after this.

I want to trade my launch Switch as well, however I would still buy a Switch 2 in the future.
I don't want to lose my digital Switch games though. Is there any confirmation that Switch 2 will be backwards compatible, and also let us get our digital games attached to account without needing our original Switch for transfer or anything?

mztik

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Why let gamestop turn around and sell your xbox for 430 when you could do that instead
It would be really difficult, if even possible, to sell a used Series X for $430.

Might be able to sell for $300 on eBay, but then you have to pay seller fees and the fees from PayPal payments. GameStop seems like the better and easier deal. Only for this week's special, though.

BearBobomb

Jun 3, 2022
Earth
It would be really difficult, if even possible, to sell a used Series X for $430.

Might be able to sell for $300 on eBay, but then you have to pay seller fees and the fees from PayPal payments. GameStop seems like the better and easier deal. Only for this week's special, though.
im seeing now that it's not actually a bad deal but anything that could potentially lead to gamestop's benefit im gonna go ahead and nope out of

PieOMy

Nov 15, 2018
Boston
I sold my Series X at GameStop.

When I was leaving the GameStop parking lot, one of my car's tires snapped off the axle/frame (?) I'm still not sure what happened. This thread probably saved my life, tomorrow I would have been on the highway! Thank you!

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
im seeing now that it's not actually a bad deal but anything that could potentially lead to gamestop's benefit im gonna go ahead and nope out of

And we thank you for a pointless thread derail with your weird vendetta against GameStop.

Good prices. Don't sleep on this deal if you think you're gonna get rid of one of these systems soon in the future. Values are just going to drop (and not just at GameStop).