• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
I love Enter the Gungeon, but there is no way I could ever make a new save file and restart it again...getting the ingredients for the Bullet that can Kill the Past is annoying , and unlocking the gunslinger again sounds like a nightmare.

Monster Hunter World is great, but the thought of restarting it again from scratch makes me quiver in fear :P

I restarted Borderlands 1 at least 4 times and man the beginning is a boring slog.

KDReyes92

Oct 25, 2017
Bloodborne, I had a lot of fun my first playthrough but for some reason i never got the urge to ever play it again.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
Demon's Souls.
I don't know if I've the mental strength to go through it all again.

The Last of Us.
I don't have the emotional strength to go through that roller coaster of emotions again

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Almost all games. There are so many things out there to play, don't really have time to play a game twice. :)

In the last 3 or so years, I have played only a few games again: DOOM, Starcraft 2, Diablo 3, and Vampire: the Masquerade: Bloodlines.

Nights

Oct 27, 2017
I thought about this for a minute, and I don't think there's any game I've loved I wouldn't play again at SOME point. Even Monster Hunter which is a very big time sink, I can see myself going back to them from time to time. Hell, me and a friend have basically decided to go through all the Monster Hunter games together. (obviously all the best versions of them)

Hell, even long JRPGs I've played through plenty of times. FFX, Tales of Symphonia and Tales of the Abyss, all have been played multiple times.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Metal Gear Solid series.

Only felt like replaying some of V because shooting people felt fun for once in that series.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I think all of them, huge backlog.

But I do it if the plot is different (like Undertale pacifist/genocide).

Kandinsky

Oct 25, 2017
The Last Guardian, I still think about the game after 2 years, but I'll never come back to it. It's an incredible experience but I think it will lose some of the magic if I replay it.

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dark Souls 1. Beat it three times, 100%d a few of the NPC quests, tried to play Remaster and found the AI just absolute molasses compared to where the series has tread.

Maybe I'll play again some time down the road, but Sekiro, Dark Souls 3, and Bloodborne really give their enemies fantastic encounter AI with varied, wonderful movesets. Couldn't help but see the fairly simple patterns most DS1 enemies seem to operate with.

Last edited:

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cuphead sticks out. It is a masterfully crafted game that only comes about due to massive amounts of talent and effort, but goddamn am I not going to suffer through some of those bosses ever again. I am happy with my B grades.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
MGSV, Asscreed Origins and Odyssey

loved em but didn't hesitate to uninstall those fuckers (save for Odyssey because of the DLC)

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Life Is Strange and Life Is Strange: Before the Storm. Lord knows I've watched plenty of playthroughs of the game since, but going back and actually playing through them again feels like I'd be changing what were "my Max" and "my Chloe".

Honestly though, I don't really replay very many games anyway.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I said I'd never play through the Witcher 3, ever again. The first playthrough felt like a. Eternity.

But I did. Zero regrets. Game of the forever

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not willing to replay games anymore. They're long and bloated. I'd rather just play a new game.

jml

Mar 9, 2018
Nier: Automata. Even though I don't dislike Route B as much as a lot of people do, I have no desire to play through that part again.

Oct 27, 2017
The only games I would replay are old arcade games. They're just about infinitely replayable to me. Anything beyond that - no thanks.

DrKelpo

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I platinumed MGSV... loved it, but no way I'm replaying everything. Basically the same for Witcher 3, Persona 4 and RDR2... loved these games, but a lot of that love comes from the special experience I had playing them for the first time.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
The Last Guardian is one of my all time favorite games but it also frustrated the hell out of me. I might hate it if I replay it.

I also loved Xenoblade Chronicles 2 but the game was full of stupid design decisions to ever attempt a replay. This was the closest I've ever gotten to breaking my controller.

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
I wonder how ballooning game length will affect the future popularity and nostalgia factor of modern games going forward into the future. Classics like Super Metroid continue to be discovered and enjoyed by new players to this day, thanks in part to the fact that it's a time commitment of only a few hours even for a total newbie. Will players 25 years from now be going back to play the games that are brand-new right now? The ones that are 50-60 hours long, at least? It's hard to imagine.

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
Detroit: Become Human.

I got one ending and had no desire to go back. I know there are many branches to explore but that's not what I want from these kinds of game. I've already made my choices. I've already chosen the stories for my characters and how it ended. I can't relate to the charactors in other branches because they are not my charactors.

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
Almost every JRPG

Even Persona's new game + was too much of a slog to go through a second time.

Vorpal

Nov 4, 2017
Mother/Earthbound Beginnings. I'm glad I played it. I genuinely enjoyed the experience. It sparked an odd feeling of nostalgia that was unlike any experience I've have in years. However, it was torturous most of the time. Can't imagine going through that grind again.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Alien Isolation is a pretty good game.

It's too long and hard for me to want to play it again tho.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
Idk probably none. Even something as gratuitously long as Persona 5 I could see myself replaying 5-10 years from now with substantial bonus content.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Any story based game, as I can simply not enjoy them when I know exactly what's gonna happen. The Last of Us, Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War etc., I love those games but if you'd have to pay me to play through their stories again.

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pokemon Platinum.

Great game with great lore, a nice aesthetic and an excellent endgame. But MAAAAAAN is everything so slow in that game. Even after the speed up battles feel slower than they should. Also most of the new and interesting Pokemon are much later in.

Tried replaying it this year because I was nostalgic for the music. After 6 hours I put it down and probably won't ever touch it again.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
Banned
Jul 14, 2018
Persona 5. I loved the game, but there's no way I'm going through those 80 hours again.

CandySTX

Mar 17, 2018
Scotland
Doubt I'll ever play Undertale again, despite it being top five for sure.
That was a time and place thing that could never be recreated.