KrigareN-

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Horizon: Zero Dawn.

32 hours down the drain.

The game auto overwrote on my save file with the save files of my sister and nephew.

I wasn't mad though.

Horizon Zero Dawn was such a great game to introduce them to story driven single-player experience. My nephew, in particular, had always avoided and dismissed playing as a female characters, but Horizon really made him reconsider. He absolutely loved Aloy, and even bought his own copy, replayed the 23 hours on his own PS4 and finished it. That was during launch month; he still plays the game from time to time.

I wish I loved the game as much as they did, maybe I wouldn't have minded giving it another shot. But I'm just glad Horizon: Zero Dawn had a positive impact on them.

How about you?

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
You guys should play at your personal account in the first place. There is a reason why sony create multiple account system

LuckyLinus

Jun 1, 2018
Ive lost 20+ hour saves in secret of mana, botw and dragon age. But in all the cases i replayed them.

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
The Witcher 3. 60 hours in, game breaking bug, still hasn't been fixed. I don't know if I'll touch that fucking game ever again.

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
Recently, Devil Survivor Overclocked on 3DS, after around 20 hours. Thankfully, I was planning to stop around that time, anyway, because the final two days (I was on day 5) were going to require ridiculous amounts of grinding.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
No man's Sky.

It seems it saves your games in an obscure map in your documents folders like Minecraft and when I reinstalled my windows I lost it, right after getting 1 mil to buy a new ship. NEXT brought me back though.

VillagerMax

Nov 4, 2017
NieR Automata. I didn't 100% it but I felt satisfied
and saw the remaining content on YouTube.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
GTA: San Andreas was the first time I was enjoying the story, gameplay and everything of a GTA game, in that there weren't too many bullshit missions or shitty controls hampering the experience. I was also very engaged in the story, and spent dozens of hours completing everything in every area as soon as they unlocked before moving to the next area. I was already well into the final island when the game decided to delete my save. I downloaded a 100% save, messed around with it for another hour, never touched the game again. Too bad. It took until GTA V for me to actually finish a GTA game.

Zolbrod

Oct 27, 2017
Osaka, Japan
Dragon Quest IX (about 16 hours) and Xenosaga Episode 1 (about 30 hours I think?)
I actually liked both of these games, but could never get myself to start over.

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
Recently almost left X-Com 2... started a mission and couldn't move one of my soldier... thankfully I just had to reload the file and dismiss that unit (was also a good unit... :( )... but I almost gave up...

In the past I lost FFVIII save on the last boss, but actually replayed it all...

OP
OP
KrigareN-

KrigareN-

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
To clarify, I enjoyed my time with Horizon, I mean I invested 32 hours. But I don't like replaying games in general. It's tedious work.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
South Park Fractured Butthole is the most recent one for me. Bought it at launch and started playing straight away, but eventually I realised that the Autosave icon had just been spinning at the corner of the screen for the last few hours. It turned out the game shipped with an Autosave bug and had never finished its Autosave from hours ago, and it also locked me out of being able to manually save. I took the game back the next day. It's a shame because I was enjoying it, but I just find it so demoralising to lose a big chunk of progress like that (especially in an RPG where I wouldn't be able to get that progress back quickly).

Chocobo115

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Baldur's gate lost my saves twice. Not sure how many hours I lost but reached some mines. First time I lost my save a couple of hours after finishing the mines. The second time I lost the save a just at the entrance.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
GTA Vice City. I'd put way too much time into the secret packages to do that again.

Dragon Age Origins also kept losing my DLC authentication, so I'd put one dude in my team and find out he was naked. No chance on rewinding saves god knows how many hours to find a last known good state.

Skyrim bugged out on me, stopping a quest from spawning on Dawnguard. My only save was hours and hours ago, so I binned that off.

Mitch1971

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Final Fantasy XIII. Finished the main story and was on to the end game grind to finish up trophies. saved my saves to the cloud, and about a year later came back to find I'd saved the wrong saves, loosing around 20 hours or more gameplay, as I only had a save from before the final boss. Of course I had lost all knowledge of my characters set ups and how the battle mechanics worked, so fighting a main boss was deemed too much trouble for the time to learn it all again.

earthsucks

Oct 27, 2017
au
got 90% through of both half life's but never finished either - combination of a PC dying and accidentally deleting a save.

in the PS1 days i had a third party memory card that corrupted. lost a disc 4 FF8 save and late-game tenchu. FF8 hurt especially as i spent so much time on it. still refuse to replay...

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
Pokémon in 2015. I haven't enjoyed the games ever since. I lost 10 years of Pokémons when transferring from 3DS to n3DSXL. And that was also after spending over 500 hours in Pokémon X...

Jan 9, 2018
Sweden
I've sort of given up on EDF 2025 because of this. My PS3 died and I fucked up with the HDD, so I lost all saves. I got 4.1 on PS4, but can't get around to playing it from the beginning again. I'll just get EDF 5 when it's released over here.

BAN PUNCHER

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Like every PS1 RPG because I used a bootsy-ass 120x 3rd party memory card that decided one day to wipe everything.

Oct 27, 2017
Dragon Quest VIII, twice. Corrupted memory card two times after getting about twenty hours in.

Dragon Quest VII. Got all the way to the end on a PSP Go, beat the end boss, and put the game down before doing the whole "victory tour around the world" thing. Before I could pick it back up, my apartment was robbed and my PSP Go was stolen.

Richardi

Oct 28, 2017
FC3 not once, but twice Uplay decided to fuck up my saves with the cloud sync or some shit.

Emperor Ham

Banned
Feb 12, 2018
My younger brother accidentally wiped out his save file on Skies of Arcadia on Gamecube.

Quite funny when that happened.

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
My PS3 save for Dragons Dogma got corrupted half way through and I just couldn't get the motivation to start over, partially in fear of it happening again as that version felt unstable at the best of times. I eventually double dipped on PC years later and was able to finish it.

yume_2501

Oct 28, 2017
Assasin's creed revelations. My ps3 broke and i disabled the ps+ cloud feature on the game by mistake (every time you start a new game on ps3 the console ask if you want to activate cloud saving). Probably i was towards the end... I wanted so bad to see the end of Ezio's journey but my game backlog was too big to replay again from the beginning ACR so i gave up...

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Assassins Creed 2. Right when you get some wings? Autosave destroyed my save.

Never played anything from the whole franchise and I'm too lazy to go through all of it to play Origins. Shit.

Nov 2, 2017
This isn't EXACTLY it, but pretty damn close.

I was at the very end of Zelda II. The path to the final dungeon is total bullshit, with tons of instant death pits and flying enemies to knock you into them, but once you get to the final dungeon you get to restart from there if you do happen to game over. So I went and grabbed all the extra lives I'd ignored the whole game, and finally managed to get to the Great Palace. Then I get through the whole huge pain in the ass dungeon, and get to the second to final boss, the Thunderbird (you fight Dark Link immediately after).

Now, the Thunderbird is completely invulnerable until you use the Thunder spell on it. So I open up the magic menu and scroll down, and NO FUCKING THUNDER SPELL. I'd gotten the damn thing the night before, and somehow, I had forgotten to save before turning off the game.

Somehow, I'd opened the spell menu a million times while grabbing the lives, walking the path, and going through the dungeon, and never once noticed I didn't have it like I should have. Realizing that I couldn't beat the boss, and that I'd have to make my way back through the path twice, and go through the whole dungeon again, I shut the game off.

I've never finished Zelda II.

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Prey, was pretty close to finishing it so this made me extra salty.
One day I'll get back to it because the game is so fucking good.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Beyond Good and Evil. Updated my computer and the game no longer works at all. Pretty upset about that, I was just starting to enjoy it.

Deleted member 17491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I lost my perfect completion of Burnout Paradise right before the big Dlc hit. Dropped it right there.

Only picked it up recently with the BC and remaster.

ach er

Oct 27, 2017
France.
The Witcher 3.
Was playing it last year at work during lunch breaks. Was in internship, internship ended, forgot to upload the save before leaving. Realised a few weeks later only. ;_;

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
You guys should play at your personal account in the first place. There is a reason why sony create multiple account system

I legitimately don't understand this. You don't even need an email do you? And even if you did, a throwaway gmail account is the easiest thing to create and use. I don't get why people don't use this.

Dalcop

Nov 28, 2017
Persona 3. But only after three or four restarts. Usually around the sixty hour mark. Damn save file bug.

Imur

Jan 4, 2018
We never have Blackouts in my Country, but the only one in the last years had to be excatly at the moment Dark Souls 2 autosaved. There were 2 Bosses or so left and I consider this game as finished now. I will not go through it again, it's not THAT good.

I hate games with only one savefile...

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
Skyrim. Corrupted save file (Steam). To this day, I've not finished it and I never intend to.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Stardew Valley --- this game crashed on me and my save just gone. fuck that.

Telltale's Batman --- not really lose save, but more like my decisions doesn't register correctly. replayed the game 3 times, still the same.

Gulduur

Oct 28, 2017
Hitman Absolution on the 360. Corrupted savefile due to a known bug, nothing you could do. Didn't have the heart to start it up again but I was quite bummed about it, as I was really diggin' it and it was the last game I played before selling away the console.

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Xenogears. Finished disc 1 and just started disc 2. Then I remember somehow losing my save and never playing it again because I was so shattered.

htp314

Oct 31, 2017
Castlevania Lords of Shadow. I was fighting the last boss when the game freezes. After rebooting, my save file was gone. I was so mad and ended up watching the ending on YouTube.

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
GTA 4

was on the last mission when my brother started messing around with the DLC making me lose my save file

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Resident Evil 3. For the love of fuck, RE3.

I tried to play the game like 3 times, each time I got maybe 2 or 3 hours in and the PS3 would eat my fucking save if I didn't play after some time.

I never got a chance to play it when it first came out.

To this day I still haven't gotten further than a few hours at best into RE3 and I'm a huge RE fan.