Escaflow

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Halo 3 . Getting to brigadier is no easy feat playing with yellow bars (150-200ms) all the time

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm above average at FPS games and top rank at CS:GO. Got it after 1600 hours mind you (or thereabouts I reckon). See u @ lan bro.

EDIT: Found the post from 2016 where I detailed my achievement lol. Got it after 1100 hours apparently!

Well guys, I done did it. On the 6th of February I finally achieved the rank of The Global Elite in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (which I achieved after the rank rebalance that happened in December I might add). It took me a whole lot of time (1100 hours) and energy (drank a lot of Monster Energy) but in the end it was all worth it. Even with all of the cheaters and griefers running amok I persevered and slowly kept moving up the ranks. With each match trying to learn from my mistakes and make improvements to my overall play style, increasingly getting a better understanding of the game and its meta.

Along the way I made some friends (and probably some enemies as well) but now I finally have that shiny picture next to my name to prove I am the best of the best! (as far as the game's own competitive matchmaking goes of course). So now that I've attained both the title of the forum's Smartest Gamer (after beating The Talos Principle without the use of any guides) and the forum's Most Skilled Gamer I've pretty much got the world at my feet! Where do I go from here you might ask? I don't know yet... I might take a course in knitting or maybe try my hand at stamp collecting? Who knows! Exciting times ahead though that's for sure.

In all seriousness though I do kind of, sort of, feel 'proud' in a weird way. Life has been rather meh for me as of late and with not a lot of going for me at the moment this does feels like a tiny achievement (like dis if u cri everitim). You may think that's sad or whatever but being able to say "I'm a Global Elite in Counter-Strike" now feels a bit rewarding after having spent so much time with it! Yes I could've learned to play the guitar or maybe have learned a different language even but where's the fun in that?

Context: For reference out of 1.050.926 players (sample size) this is the current rank distribution from the last 30 days:

jJzIpcF.png

Last edited:

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
"Don't suck at" is relative. I'm high gold in Rocket League, but I still suck compared to a lot of people.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
I don't play much online anymore but I'm pretty good at Crash Team Racing. I can consistently get top 3 and have unlocked N.Tropy.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
Soulcalibur4, 5 and 6, Tekken 7 and Titanfall 2.
When the stars align, I'm good at Overwatch and once every blood moon, I'm John Wick in R6 Siege.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm decent at Smash bros Ultimate 1v1 online. Not good enough to get into Elite but I can sit around the 4 million mark or so last I tried and I've hit 5 million with some characters. Rocket League is also something I'm okay at and if I play ranked I'll usually be in platinum or sometimes diamond. And back in the day I used to be pretty dangerous on Black ops, able to go full games without dying or get like 25 person kill streaks and stuff like that.

I don't play too many online games in general though, partly because a lot of the time I do end up very bad at them.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
I used to be top 1/4 in most online games I played but that's likely dropped a lot as I don't play multiplayer titles much these days. However, give me a medic/support role and I'm still pretty good as I usually let the better players do all the shooting whilst I run behind lobbing out health packs/ healing with the odd pew-pew for good measure.

I still remember playing Halo 2 and me and these other two guys pretty much creamed team after team as I was a pretty good warthog driver so we could easily get around maps without issue. They'd leap out, take out the enemies and capture the flag whilst I swung round the back for the return trip.

I was also pretty good at TLoU online but because I mainly played with strangers we'd often end up losing because they seemed to think they'd joined a CoD lobby and would try and rush the enemy at the start of the match. About 30 seconds later you'd hear the tell-tale explosion of a nail bomb they'd blundered into.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Splatoon 2 (about close to 200 top spot wins), Destiny 2, and Titanfall 2. I was really good at Star Wars Battlefront and CoD4 back when I played those. Halo and Warhawk I was really good at back in the day.

I'm either pretty decent to good with other games, not enough to be terrible but not top scorer like the games above.

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There isn't one.
Normal Difficulty Single Player campaign ahoy.

Though I was good at CS 1.6 at one time.

MILKGOLOLBAD

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 5, 2019
I'll take this opportunity to brag a little:
starcraft (was actually an absolute top tier player in starcraft: brood war for quite a few years), heroes of newerth, dota (2), the last of us (one of the most popular streamers - stream reached 100-150 viewers regularly, the viewer base wasn't big enough to go higher), tekken, gwent, dead by daylight, uncharted 4

after bragging, I think it's only fair to state the ones that I feel I am horrible at, even though I've played loads of hours:
battlefield (just.. can't do better than 1.5 K/D), pubg (same), wipeout, rainbow six siege, ghost recon (i'm mildy better in ghost recon than others listed here, due to similarities with the last of us)

BigTime_2018

Dec 31, 2018
I got pretty good at the online multiplayer in Mario Kart 8, ARMS, and Splatoon 2.

I reached Rank 11 in ARMS and rank A-/A/A+ in most or all the ranked modes in Splatoon 2.

I know Rank 11 in ARMS isn't super impressive, but I think it's pretty solid for someone like me who isn't too experienced with fighting games.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Due to the alarming amount of hours I dumped into Team Fortress 2 back in the day, I can still pick it up, take a few minutes to summon the old muscle memory, and do pretty well. Any class.

I've discovered that I'm pretty good at Hearthstone. I win far more matches than I lose. I realize I am probably bodying little kids on their tablets while they eat cold Oscar Meyer hotdogs for lunch but I don't care. I'm a winner! (wait does that count if it's 1v1?)

Matttimeo

Oct 26, 2017
I'm pretty fucking good at Ultimate Chicken Horse, I think I could take most of this forum. My skills mostly lie in playing small indie games that are so obscure that I end up being the best just by virtue that no one else knows how to play them well.

Oct 28, 2017
I was good at Divekick. Then the game died a quick death and there was nobody to play with, thus solidifying that I'm just not meant to be good at multiplayer games.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
I'm still pretty good at Blizzard RTS Games, I'm not awful att Battle Royal games.. I used to be a pretty competent moba player as well but that's probably long gone by now.

I dont really play any other multiplayer games.. and if I did, I would probably suck at them.

captainmal01

Oct 28, 2017
I only play Natural Selection 2 now and I'd say I'm fairly good I guess. Plat in Overwatch so not great and average in Titanfall and Battlefield.

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
All of them.

I barely have the time and attention span to finish most single player campaigns, let alone invest in multiplayer meta.

The last time I played semi-serious multiplayer the idea of "seasons" didn't even exist.

Lockheartilly9799

Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 23, 2017
Unreal II: The Awakening on the original Xbox. I was a friggin beast. Too bad the game wasn't popular at all.

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I'm at a consistent 5 million player power whatever score in smash bros ultimate with several characters online.

That's the only game in good at online.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Honestly, I'm okay to good at every game. That comes with the disadvantage that I barely ever rise above "good".

Tanooki

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Mario Kart 8, thanks to goremagala and Burning Justice training me. I'm pretty good at Overwatch too, just not Grand Master good.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hate to sound arrogant but I guess that's what this thread is asking for so...I'll give more recent examples!

I was really good at Cargo in the 2015 Battlefront game. That game mode got so damn competitive and crazy after the game had been out for a while, it was the most fun I've had in an online game in a very long time. My buddy and I would play it pretty much on a nightly basis, and we were fucking good at it. We'd join games where the opposing team was 1 point away from winning (9-1 in 2 flag capture the flag basically) and we'd turn it around for a win. We'd end up top 2 on the leaderboard almost every time. It was just so damn fun and awesome - especially when the teams were even-keel in skill.

More recently, I'm getting better at Fortnite. I went from complaining about people building cities in front of me to building cities in front of people, and my gun game has only gotten better too. I'm not bugga or TFUE or whatever, but I can hold my own in a regular solo or duos match (with the same buddy I played Cargo with heh). Super fun game to me, still.

Sabercrusader

Oct 27, 2017
I used to not suck at Halo (around Halo 3 days). Though now I'm not nearly so great anymore.

I would like to think I don't suck at Rainbow Six Siege and Fighting Games like Street Fighter, but I'm probably not so great. Not terrible, but nothing special.

I legit probably suck at Heroes of the Storm.

Other than that I don't really play many other multiplayer games competitively. I suppose I do alright in Souls PvP. If I'm playing multiplayer, which in itself is rare nowadays, it's probably cooperative. I just find that funner and less stressful usually.

Paertan

Oct 28, 2017
I do well in most FPS games if I enjoy them enough. I reached diamond league in SC2. I can beat scrubs in most fighting games but not that good.
But in Killzone I was a force to reckon with. Especially 2 but in Shadowfall as well. At one point I had to leave after almost each match in Shadowfall. The game would try to balance the players between matches based on score. But when it looked like this for example
Game put me with all the worst players in the next match. Making the experience less fun to say the least. One player can't carry the entire team. Sometimes I could have 2x-3x the score. If it was a even game then sure I would stay but otherise just leave and search for a new session.

Watevaman

Oct 30, 2017
I'm pretty good, even after a 4 year hiatus, at Insurgency co-op. It's not as tough as PvP but I've always been near the top of the board on the PvE modes.

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm good at Rocket League, at the cusp of GC level for a while so I'll class that as good since its practically the 1%.

I've always been strangely good at Halo. Sure have some bad matches but typically do well. I was always pretty far up the board on the first battlefront game too.

Warthunder was another I was just good at. Typically I'd get 15-20 kills and only lose a plane or two at worst. Also got a 25 kill streak before which is honestly pretty hard to pull off in that compared to shooters.

RGamer2009

Oct 28, 2017
Im pretty good at kart racers. Sonic, Diddy Kong, Mario, Crash, even Snowboard Kids 2 I can usually place well.

Im also pretty good at Rocket League. I have won a few Tetris 99 matches too.

Im ok at any Smash Bros, not crazy good but not bad either.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
I'm pretty decent in World of Tanks.

Also can pull my weight in DCS(i.e. not crashing after take off and into other squadron mates during formation flying). Occasionally make kills when stars align.

Havel

Oct 25, 2017
Killzone 2, I was in a top 10 clan if I recall. I miss that online so much, easily one of the best from last gen. Every single map was designed to perfection.

denpanosekai

Oct 28, 2017
I was somewhat decent at Mass Effect 3.

Dr. Mario on Wii, now my wife and I were at the top of the world! Well, Canada really.