• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I'm alright ta.

They added six better games to Game Pass in the last six days than the entire month of GwG

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
can we just get free internet and kill gold? The value is gamepass, this is silly

my guess is just too much money on people still paying gold

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
Hard Corps is real good. So there's that at least.

Rest of the line-up is.......something lol

Nacery

Jul 11, 2018
These are some great news for me. Been waiting forever for Hard Corps to be discounted. Also I do enjoyed Dark Void

Khalid

Oct 25, 2017
I am happy we are getting Hard Corps: Uprising. Would have been happy to get the Vikings game but I was recently given a code. But it's nice to know we are getting more Kalypso games. So maybe we can get Tropico games?

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I actually quite fancy playing Vikings so I'm surprisingly okay with this month. GWG does feel like it's somewhat on life support these days though.

Fiel

Oct 30, 2017
This month is so good...

hard corps is fantastic , i love this anime artstyle so much (you can guess from my avatar how much i love this game!)
Dark void is mixed bag but i remember that i have fun while its last

but i am glad i am getting legacy great content amidst of ps3 store shutdown

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
TRUCK
*gasps*
RACING????

Can't say the monthly GWG reveal isnt entertaining at least. I always think they can't make it worse, and yet they find a way

I'm alright ta.

They added six better games to Game Pass in the last six days than the entire month of GwG

Month? Try entire year. Maybe even two.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
hhh4.png

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
can we just get free internet and kill gold? The value is gamepass, this is silly

i want free internet too but i don't think microsoft would do it

free online aint happening and even if they stop giving games, they're not making live cheaper (actually they tried the exact opposite). id rather get four meh games every month than pay the same and get nothing, i dont even bloody play online

plus the 360 games are a good last resort when you get no money to pay for games and even gold.

I keep waiting for them to give out NGB and NG2 but so far no.

they already gave both iirc
at least i have them in my library and i sure didnt buy them

JimD

Aug 17, 2018
MS doesn't want you to only have Gold. They want you on Game Pass Ultimate. You can directly trace the decline in quality of GWG to the introduction of GPU. They're not gonna kill needing Gold for online play (outside of the FTP stuff that's coming) because they want everyone on GPU.

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018

My thought is that Gamepass is ultimately a loss leader to get people into the Xbox eco system so they'll hopefully subscribe to other services. There's no way Gamepass is very profitable, but there's also no way that XBL Gold costs very much at all, so that's probably entirely profit. That's why they tried to raise the price.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
My thought is that Gamepass is ultimately a loss leader to get people into the Xbox eco system so they'll hopefully subscribe to other services. There's no way Gamepass is very profitable, but there's also no way that XBL Gold costs very much at all, so that's probably entirely profit. That's why they tried to raise the price.
they tried to raise the price to get gold subs to gp instead, and see better value there. After all, in GPU you get all of gold + more

Oct 25, 2017
Funny that people in the PSN thread were like "Get Hard Corps Uprising before the store goes down!" and people in here are like "nah".

DCBA

Dec 12, 2018

MS is probably also afraid of people switching back to the 10$ GP tier once Live is free. I doubt that the majority of the GPU subscriber would pay 60$ a year to be able to use gamepass on the other two platforms (mobile and Pc/console).

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Will happily take Dark Void and Hard Corps, and I'll probably try the truck racing game just for fun.

I bought most of my 3rd party stuff on the PS3 in that gen (since I never would have expected MS to vastly outdo Sony on BC back then) and Gold has managed to "replace" a lot of those 3rd party titles over time for me, Hard Corps being this month's example. It's an amazing game and I'm glad I'll be able to play it on a current system again. Might even rebuy the DLC.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Its a shame it feels like it's just being kept alive at the moment.
Yeah they really want to incentivise those remaining Gold members over to GPU so they can get rid of Gold altogether. Obviously they tried a price increase but that strategy backfired so now they're back to deliberately making the free games really bad again (and to be fair, the GP games really good).

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Will happily take Dark Void and Hard Corps, and I'll probably try the truck racing game just for fun.

I bought most of my 3rd party stuff on the PS3 in that gen (since I never would have expected MS to vastly outdo Sony on BC back then) and Gold has managed to "replace" a lot of those 3rd party titles over time for me, Hard Corps being this month's example. It's an amazing game and I'm glad I'll be able to play it on a current system again. Might even rebuy the DLC.
So the DLC is worth buying for Hard Corps?