• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 91227

Feb 4, 2021
Nothing new to add as RDR2, Witcher 3 and Luigi's Mansion 3 (2 as well, never played the first) were the ones that jumped to mind for me. Really liked all three games as a whole, but was definitely in spite of the controls I just didn't enjoy at all and found very clunky.

Mentok

Oct 27, 2017
Any modern Rockstar game.

I don't know how they keep getting a pass for it.

MichaelScottTHANKYOU.jif

Seriously, I always give their games a chance because of the hype my friends put on them ("Oh you GOTTA play ___"), but once I start controlling the character I'm out.

Catalix

Oct 28, 2017
This was Littlebigplanet for me. I didn't care for the moon physics at all.
At first I didn't have a problem with LBP's physics, but then I took an extended break from it to play Rayman Origins...

Came back to LBP and holy shit, the contrast was night and day! Controlling Sackboy was like swimming through molasses.

Oct 27, 2017
god hand. the animations are humorous for a few minutes and then it's just torture after that. i see hype for it on the boards every now and then and i tell myself "am i out of touch?" and then i try playing it again and am all "no, it is the children who are wrong"

Bigfoot

Dec 4, 2020
Shadow of War. Horrible input lag

Read through the whole thread trying to find this. I decided to give Shadow of War a try since it's on PS Plus but I had to stop playing after about 30 minutes. Just the simple act of walking feels unbelievably sluggish. I had to look through the settings to see if there was some kind of "performance mode" option to choose but nope, the game is just made that way. Uninstalled immediately.

Probably didn't help that I had just played Dark Souls Remastered.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Ratchet and Clank 1 for Vita.
That version has some of the worst input lag I've felt in a game, which is made even more noticeable by being a platformer.
You don't usually need perfect precision, but I would regularly die by pressing jump too close to a ledge and running off before the jump activated.
The Vita in general I felt like had issues with input lag in a lot of games. I think most games its due to how the Vita analog sticks register movement, but in R&C 1 it has that AND button input lag.

Mario Galaxy
Far from a bad game, but I played it a bit on Wii and dropped it (I thought I was just being sick of the Wii Remote and motion controls), but I finally played through it on Switch and I realize I just don't like the feel of Mario's movement, which is the main reason I play Mario games.
It's a little too slow in just about every way: the jumping, movement acceleration, and max run speed.

rafox

Apr 28, 2020
PS3-era naughty dogs games didnt feel that smooth. it wanst as bad as gta v and the witcher 3 but is something they've improved with uncharted 4, lost legacy and tlou2
I remember playing Uc 2 on ps3 after all the buzz and my first thought was how weird controlling Nate felt... On ps4 I have no problem at all, Bluepoint probably changed it or maybe 60fps helped.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
The Witcher 3, regardless of how good the game itself is. Trash controls.
I've tried to play all 3 witchers multiple times on multiple systems(except the 1st only on pc) and the controls are so bad no matter what platform or control method you use. Once youre actually controlling Geralt I drop em like a hot potato.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
I've always opposed animal Cruelty. But I find myself turning into Cruella de vil whenever I ride Roach in Witcher 3.

Metro Exodus, a great game, takes the top running though for some of the worst input lag in a game I've eve seen.

VegiHam

Oct 25, 2017
Shadow of the Colossus controls like you're drunk. If I'm holding the stick in one direction I want to walk in a straight line, not wonder off somewhere random because the camera has decided to be helpful and cinematic by moving itself.