• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JuicyPlayer

Feb 8, 2018
I live in Tampa and passing through New Port Richey and Pasco County in general its a cesspool. A lot of stories that happen there get mixed up as Tampa stories. Its a big meth mecca. I hope they throw the book at this guy.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
No woman deserves to be raped and the guy should go prison for a long time. But my mentality is different than most because my mentality is to avoid potential bad shit from happening to begin with. If the girl never went their or the parents did their fucking job as parents, perhaps the girl never goes there and thus, never gets raped which in my mind is a hell of a lot better than going somewhere in which there's potential for some fucked up shit to occur.

This is the fucking stupidest thing I have read in a long time. Holy fuck. You don't blame a victim for being taken advantage of. How hard is this concept to grasp?

HyperFerret

Oct 25, 2017
I guess the only silver lining is that the guy got caught and arrested. So many rapists walk away without consequences from shit like this.

Fucking hell. I just hope she finds help in those around her and therapy. And I hope this man rots like he deserves.

Remember

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Chicago, IL United States
I know a lot of people who don't like or use voice chat, but to me voice chat is a necessary evil and I hope that you guys who don't use it will at least try to leave it on for just-in-case situations like this one or worse.

Remember

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
People shouldn't have to; rapists just need to stop raping people.

Unfortunately we should have to, because we don't live in a perfect world where everyone is a good hearted person with good morals and intentions. There are lots of evil individuals that exist out there and some are obvious and some not so much. We just have to try and help whatever way we can. No one would have caught this guy(for a while at least) if it wasn't for voice chat.

HyperFerret

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately we should have to, because we don't live in a perfect world where everyone is a good hearted person with good morals and intentions. There are lots of evil individuals that exist out there and some are obvious and some not so much. We just have to try and help whatever way we can. No one would have caught this guy(for a while at least) if it wasn't for voice chat.
Sure, voice chat made this guy arrested.

But I'm not gonna turn on my voice chat to suffer harassment on the 0.1% chance I'm gonna hear a rape. It's unrealistic to force voice chat upon everyone. It's like making everyone wear a gopro on their head on the off chance they see a crime.

Unfortunately I don't see that happen. That's why you have to think about that shit.

If I can teach my dog to not eat a piece of meat on a plate, surely people can be taught that too.

Last edited:

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
I mean no one developing in-game chat for in case we catch a fucking rapist on purpose. You can argue the same feature could facilitate crime or not. So the merit to have it or not mustve judged by the original intent its added the entertainment value for game or just adding toxicity.

Remember

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Sure, voice chat made this guy arrested.

But I'm not gonna turn on my voice chat to suffer harassment on the 0.1% chance I'm gonna hear a rape. It's unrealistic to force voice chat upon everyone. It's like making everyone wear a gopro on their head on the off chance they see a crime.

If I can teach my dog to not eat a piece of meat on a plate, surely people can be taught that too.

I mean no one developing in-game chat for in case we catch a fucking rapist on purpose. You can argue the same feature could facilitate crime or not. So the merit to have it or not mustve judged by the original intent its added the entertainment value for game or just adding toxicity.

The issue you two are having with my post is that you assume I want forced voice chat or are trying to force people to use voice chat. I didn't say nor suggest either of those things. All I asked is that you try and consider it for situations like this one. If you want to stay off voice chat and leave yourself completely muted, by all means go ahead I'm not in charge of you.

Zelda

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The rapist is white, isn't he?
If the race of the rapist is that important to you why not actually click on the article and see for yourself? His pic is right there.
_104503656_daniel-enrique-fabian-via-pasco-county.jpg

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Why even bring up race?

What? What could that possibly have to do with anything?

If the race of the rapist is that important to you why not actually click on the article and see for yourself? His pic is right there.

Bloody hell, guys. I only asked if he was because Era has a nasty habit of calling white criminals between 18 and like 27 "a kid"

Nothing more. Nothing less.

And quite frankly, THAT'S the part of my post that get your panties in a bunch? Not the part where I basically say that Era is indirectly defending a rapist? Really? REALLY?!

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
The issue you two are having with my post is that you assume I want forced voice chat or are trying to force people to use voice chat. I didn't say nor suggest either of those things. All I asked is that you try and consider it for situations like this one. If you want to stay off voice chat and leave yourself completely muted, by all means go ahead I'm not in charge of you.

Have you considered that people don't want to use voice chat and hear all the other bile that normally comes out of it? It's great dude was caught over voice chat but this situation is not justification to suddenly change opinion on its usage. I'm sorry hut this is ridiculous man.

Remember

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Have you considered that people don't want to use voice chat and hear all the other bile that normally comes out of it?

Yes, that is exactly why I said in that very post you quoted that the option is up to you and why I merely made a suggestion. If you are truly bothered by me making that suggestion that then there is a bigger issue at hand that you should consider and it doesn't have to do with me.

MisterBear

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Let's avoid derailing this thread with discussions on whether this counts as pedophilia or ephebophilia, as these arguments serve only to distract from the seriousness of the subject. Any further posts that disrespect this will be actioned appropriately.
What is even the use of these types of topics though on the gaming forum, I don't understand ResetEras fascination with throwing these types of topics in the gaming mix and then people policing it hard. Is it a honey-pot thing to cleanse bad forum posters? It just seems like there are a better place for these things

(Yea I know, people are going to say I'm trying to dismiss it and I will be getting banned/warned for this, but it's just something that has bugged me)

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Yes, that is exactly why I said in that very post you quoted that the option is up to you and why I merely made a suggestion. If you are truly bothered by me making that suggestion that then there is a bigger issue at hand that you should consider and it doesn't have to do with me.

The suggestion is ignoring all the realities of online interactions and what they cause for people to suggest that you may encounter a 1 in 1 million situation. It's literally naive.

Remember

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The suggestion is ignoring all the realities of online interactions and what they cause for people to suggest that you may encounter a 1 in 1 million situation. It's literally naive.

If that's how you feel about it then... you should just not do it? If my previous post managed to reach or change the opinion at least 1 person out of however many viewers are on this forum then I'm perfectly fine with that. I don't really understand what else you want from me aside from being part of necro'ing this thread.