Status
Not open for further replies.

UltraJay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
How many people are active around AU/Japan/Southeast Asia times? Airways the main problem with finding groups to play with on Era.

Spanic

Oct 31, 2017
US
I would like to join. Been playing Rocket League with my brother and he gets angry when we don't do well in ranked. I would really like to play with other people that don't need to win to have fun.

MadeULook

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Washington State
I'm down for this. I typically shy away from multiplayer games since I feel pressured to preform good. I'm down to try something like this. Don't know how much time I can commit with college but I'm willing to try!

OP
OP
PopcornMegaphone
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for all the interest! We plan to hold some get togethers this weekend. The focus will be to help players learn the games and MP in general. We'll likely be playing Sea of Thieves and Gears (horde?), although we're open to other suggestions.

I also have an informal Sea of Thieves playdate on Wed at 6 PM BST/12PM CST. I've never played SoT so it should be interesting! This MP gaming world all very new to me! Everyone is welcome to join us!

Also, a big thank you to Reddaye and sibarraz for becoming discord moderators!

Keep an eye out for upcoming news!

Last edited:

Carcosan Stag

AVALANCHE
Oct 25, 2017
R'lyeh
Ah hell, I'd take an invite too if they're still available! I feel intimidated by most MP-centric groups and discord's since I'm not very good at most mp-related things, so this sort of inclusive group sounds awesome. :)

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
How many people are active around AU/Japan/Southeast Asia times? Airways the main problem with finding groups to play with on Era.

Dont know at the moment.
We added a roles menu to put your continent but not everyone has used

Still join if you want and see if someone is active at your timezone

OP
OP
PopcornMegaphone
Oct 25, 2017
If you'd like to join our inclusive low pressure gaming group just select the following link (you need to reply to this thread to see it):
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
Once you've joined, add your gamer tag in the "gt-sharing" section and sub to games/timezones in the "roles" section on the left hand side. Expect more announcements regarding the weekend playdate soon!

Enjoy!

Last edited:

breakfuss

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I guess my post got nuked when the site went down yesterday lol. I'm down and love the vibe of this, ty for putting it together.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Low pressure? Like you mean just have fun without stress?

That sounds like a fabulous idea!
I think I'm so into this idea. I only know one person who also plays games online so I really never have people to play with. It's really fun though, whenever I can get a game of Sea of Thieves with him (which might happen like twice a year).

OP
OP
PopcornMegaphone
Oct 25, 2017
Low pressure? Like you mean just have fun without stress?

That sounds like a fabulous idea!
I think I'm so into this idea. I only know one person who also plays games online so I really never have people to play with. It's really fun though, whenever I can get a game of Sea of Thieves with him (which might happen like twice a year).

We have a game going tomorrow. You're welcome to join us!

padlock

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I gotchu fam.

I can also get invites out to those still waiting. Please DM me here on Era to get it set up.

Just sent you a message. I'm generally intimidated by multiplayer with randoms (according to my kids, I have the reflexes of a sloth), but I'm willing to give it a shot in a more supportive environment!.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think so. The discord is getting big enough where it is getting easier to find friendly games. In fact, a SoT game is starting pretty soon. Just go to the SoT section on the left hand right to find the discussion.
Yeah, I was just looking at that but I'm not sure I'm ready for a game right now (I'm not sure it's still installed right now).

Just browsing the discord reminded me about Gears 5 Horde, and how it's awesome that they finally "de-coupled" classes from the character skins (although they did this a hot minute ago).
Playing Gears 5 Horde with a bunch of "knowns" sounds like it'd be awesome! If I ever do play it's with randos (and maybe one friend), so voice chat mostly goes off.

OP
OP
PopcornMegaphone
Oct 25, 2017
Just sent you a message. I'm generally intimidated by multiplayer with randoms (according to my kids, I have the reflexes of a sloth), but I'm willing to give it a shot in a more supportive environment!.

I'm the admin of the discord and I have a very similar perspective so you should expect a supportive environment. In the game channels on the left just let people know you're interested to try a game.

Yeah, I was just looking at that but I'm not sure I'm ready for a game right now (I'm not sure it's still installed right now).

Just browsing the discord reminded me about Gears 5 Horde, and how it's awesome that they finally "de-coupled" classes from the character skins (although they did this a hot minute ago).
Playing Gears 5 Horde with a bunch of "knowns" sounds like it'd be awesome! If I ever do play it's with randos (and maybe one friend), so voice chat mostly goes off.

Last night I played Gears hoard for the 1st time since Gears 2. It was awesome!

LNBL

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I've never really played multiplayer games due to a lack of gaming friends, but now that I have Game Pass and the barrier to play these games is so low I'd love to find folks to play with. Unfortunately, I'm pretty bad at these games. The purpose of this thread is to find other folks who'd like to learn how to play multiplayer games together in a friendly low pressure environment. This thread is inclusive for everyone even if you don't have a Game Pass sub, but I'd like to primarily try games that are available on the service.

Any interest? I've never used the service, but would a discord group be helpful? Any suggested games for multiplayer newbies?

edit - I've created a discord group. PM me for details. (see edit 5 below)
edit 2 - MP vets are welcome as well! Our plan is to build an inclusive low pressure MP group.
edit 3 - Here's our discord mission statement:

The purpose of this discord is to find gamers who'd like to play multiplayer games together in a friendly low pressure environment. If you like to heckle players to "git gud" this isn't the place for you. The Discord has a focus on console, PC and cloud platforms where Game Pass supported, however other games and platforms are also welcome.

edit 4 - Reddaye and sibarraz have been added as discord moderators!

edit 5 -
If you'd like to join our inclusive low pressure gaming group just select the following link (you need to reply to this thread to see it): [Hidden content]

im up for joining, link is expired though :(

Last edited:

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
Yeah, just to let people who are nervous or hesitant know: this is entirely meant to be an inclusive and stress free environment. No tolerance for people who become toxic or give anyone a hard time. People who aren't experienced with multiplayer or particular games are more than welcome, and encouraged to join in.

I've had two Sea of Thieves sessions in the last day with members. One was super experienced and very patient in teaching me the game. The most recent was with two others who were also inexperienced (and not native English speakers like myself), and all of these games went really well. Nothing super serious, and lots of laughing. That's what we're looking to cultivate here. Fun times, and new friendships online. This is especially important for folks who are just recently jumping into Xbox and don't know many people.

Right now we're slowly gaining steam, but we'll get there. Sea of Thieves seems to be a pretty popular choice at the moment, but there are channels set up for all types of games, and we're open to taking suggestions on other games. Just come into the discord and ask about stuff you're interested in playing. I know I'm super happy to be able to finally try SoT after none of my IRL friends showed any interest. It's been great.

Dralos

Oct 26, 2017
I've had two Sea of Thieves sessions in the last day with members. One was super experienced and very patient in teaching me the game. The most recent was with two others who were also inexperienced (and not native English speakers like myself), and all of these games went really well. Nothing super serious, and lots of laughing. That's what we're looking to cultivate here. Fun times, and new friendships online. This is especially important for folks who are just recently jumping into Xbox and don't know many people.
by the end of the session we became pros :)

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, just to let people who are nervous or hesitant know: this is entirely meant to be an inclusive and stress free environment. No tolerance for people who become toxic or give anyone a hard time. People who aren't experienced with multiplayer or particular games are more than welcome, and encouraged to join in.

Right now we're slowly gaining steam, but we'll get there. Sea of Thieves seems to be a pretty popular choice at the moment, but there are channels set up for all types of games, and we're open to taking suggestions on other games. Just come into the discord and ask about stuff you're interested in playing. I know I'm super happy to be able to finally try SoT after none of my IRL friends showed any interest. It's been great.

I love this 💜

FeArTriX

Oct 26, 2017

This sounds great.

With how much busier recently I recently became I would like to join a casual session whenever I am available.

Can you please DM an invite ?

Jul 14, 2020
I gave up most multiplayer except with RL friends due to it usually being a shitshow, but i can get down with a stress free option. Not sure how often I'll be able to join, but I'll send a DM, thanks for setting this up

BeCrush

Nov 14, 2017
Please add me to this Group....my time is limited and I'm not as competitive as i use to be but i love to play w/ cool people.

Thanks for starting this OP

FamousLastX

Oct 25, 2017
Great idea, will definitely check out the discord! I love only gaming but yeah everyone is so sweaty it ends up being more stress than fun, so I would love to change that.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Tomorrow we were planning on playing horde

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017

Fire me an invite over!

Status
Not open for further replies.