Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
I've never really played multiplayer games due to a lack of gaming friends, but now that I have Game Pass and the barrier to play these games is so low I'd love to find folks to play with. Unfortunately, I'm pretty bad at these games. The purpose of this thread is to find other folks who'd like to learn how to play multiplayer games together in a friendly low pressure environment. This thread is inclusive for everyone even if you don't have a Game Pass sub, but I'd like to primarily try games that are available on the service.

Any interest? I've never used the service, but would a discord group be helpful? Any suggested games for multiplayer newbies?

***UPDATE***

We created a Discord group! The purpose of the discord is to find gamers who'd like to play multiplayer games together in a friendly low pressure environment. If you like to heckle players to "git gud" this isn't the place for you. The Discord has a focus on console, PC and cloud platforms where Game Pass supported, however other games and platforms are also welcome. It's worth noting, Reddaye and sibarraz have been added as discord moderators!

If you'd like to join our inclusive low pressure gaming group just select the following link (you need to reply to this thread to see it):
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
***UPDATE 2****

We're excited to announce MP events!

These events will be a great opportunity for new and veteran players to meet and play multiplayer games in a casual, low pressure environment. It's also a great time to familiarize yourself with platforms like discord and general multiplayer concepts. If these events turn out to be popular, it's a concept we'd like to continue with into the future! Here are the two events we have planned for the coming weekend:

Event 1 - Sea of Thieves - Saturday, April 10

Is a pirate's life for you? Come cooperatively sail the high seas to find booty on Saturday, April 10 at 7PM GMT/2 PM CST!

Event 2 - Halo: Master Chief Collection - Sunday, April 11

Play with fellow servermates in custom lobbies for Big Team Battles, Party Modes, or whatever else! Join us Sunday, April 11 at 7PM GMT/2 PM CST!

If you're interested in participating, or just have feedback about the concept, times, or other games you'd like to include in the future, please join our Discord and checkout the Events channel!

Here's an invite to the discord:

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Last edited:

Kittenz

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
I'd play with you. Just posted about needing a group as an old.

Opposite you, THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of hours of MP for everything from almost 20 years of Halo to completing every quest in World of Warcraft (through Pandaria). Down to help anybody out with figuring stuff out. Just would love more "mature" people to,play with. (Turned 48 last week.)

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only multiplayer game I play is Smash Ultimate, so hey why not. I'm paying for Game Pass I might as well use it for something other than Rare Replay.

AlexBasch

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Give Rainbow Six Siege a try if you get a full group going.

Screw toxic players, have fun and kill everyone (even the hostages with Fuze), you'll have a great time learning the ropes of the game even if you lose.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
This is a really cool idea, I've been meaning to really try Sea of Thieves since it released, but it's not very fun solo. Send me the Discord link pls?

Xenon Bloom

Nov 7, 2017
This is an amazing idea. I don't have a ton of free time to play but I'd love to join the group. Multi-player is such a big thing and I've always sucked at it. If you don't mind inviting me I'd love to get in on this and play when I can. I have gamepass on both Xbox and pc so I can download and play whatever. Thanks!

Resident4t.

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I would definitely be interested in this. I used to play a lot of mmos as a kid and even joined some clans in other multiplayer games but I've gained a bit of social anxiety over the years and I stay away from that stuff completely now.

Sent a pm.

Babu93

Feb 9, 2021
This is a really cool idea, I've been meaning to really try Sea of Thieves since it released, but it's not very fun solo. Send me the Discord link pls?

Was just thinking this might be a way to get a Sea of Thieves group going. My friends and I struggle to make out schedules work, so I end up playing solo a lot which isn't ideal. I've played quite a lot of the game, but I'm no pro by any means. Would be up for some chill sessions with people, and happy to help show any newcomers the ropes.

OP
OP
PopcornMegaphone
Oct 25, 2017
Invites sent. Thanks to everyone who has joined the group thus far. This is a very inclusive group. Newbies and vets are both welcome!

Tarahiro

Oct 28, 2017
Liverpool
Great idea! I keep thinking I need people to play games with and then the anxiety hits. Just need to force myself past that because I know it's going to be fun :)

Kalamour

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, this sounds like a great idea! I am in Europe and have a somewhat busy agenda, but i will play if I can :)

Jun 7, 2018
I'd highly recommend at least a couple of games of Battlefield 1943 for anyone new to online looking for a super fun multiplayer experience, especially as it has such a small download/storage size.
There are no unlocks, perks or progression/leveling up, so, outside of individual skill, it's always a pretty level playing field. There only being three maps and three classes help to keep things simple too, and there's currently a decent number of new players coming in due to EA Play/Gamepass, so it's always pretty easy to find full matches.

Ravenhawk

Oct 27, 2017
I'd play with you. Just posted about needing a group as an old.

Opposite you, THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of hours of MP for everything from almost 20 years of Halo to completing every quest in World of Warcraft (through Pandaria). Down to help anybody out with figuring stuff out. Just would love more "mature" people to,play with. (Turned 48 last week.)
Greetings fellow dinosaur!

I have hundreds of hours playing solo in SoT and have had a blast...the game is what you make of it. If available, I would be happy to sail with you (or anyone).

Great idea! I keep thinking I need people to play games with and then the anxiety hits. Just need to force myself past that because I know it's going to be fun :)
No need to feel anxious. As in life, you're going to come across some real @#* people, but you are going to meet some great folk along the way. My most memorable gaming experiences have all been co-op/multi-player, because you have people to share the experience with.

Babu93

Feb 9, 2021
I'd highly recommend at least a couple of games of Battlefield 1943 for anyone new to online looking for a super fun multiplayer experience, especially as it has such a small download/storage size.
There are no unlocks, perks or progression/leveling up, so, outside of individual skill, it's always a pretty level playing field. There only being three maps and three classes help to keep things simple too, and there's currently a decent number of new players coming in due to EA Play/Gamepass, so it's always pretty easy to find full matches.

I'll never forget the summer that game came out. My friends and I poured so much time into it. Such a great little game.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
down for anythign that's cross play with pc, no xbox unfortunately but game pass pc has been a godsend.

Vinnyboy007

Nov 1, 2017
I'm also not on Xbox but have PC and PS5 and would love to join! Always up for some random multiplayer games! Send me a link when you get a chance.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
A YouTuber I watch did a tier ranking video of EVERY GamePass game... it's like an hour and a half long.

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
Oh this sounds awesome!

Been meaning to find new people for Outriders or Destiny raids.
I'm on Xbox and PC (and ps5 but that is mainly sp) can I get a link to the discord 🙏

Status
Not open for further replies.