Which service has the more appealing list of games to you?

• Game Pass's list appeals to me more

Votes: 568 74.5%
  • PS Now's list appeals to me more

Votes: 194 25.5%

• Total voters

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I voted for the PS Now list being more appealing to me, but the Game Pass is the vastly superior offer. It's just that most of the new games that appear on Game Pass don't really interest me, while a lot of the classic games on the PS Now are ones I already own (and thus obviously appeal to me).

I wouldn't sub either, but I would sub to Game Pass before PS Now just because I own pretty much everything on PS Now that I care about, while Game Pass gets actual new games, which I might not care about much but at least they are new.

But alas the question was what list of games appeals to me more, not which is the better offer or which would I be more likely to sub to.

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
Gamepass has great value if you like the games it has. Likewise, there is far more to choose from (and thus far more stuff I'm not into but my friend's kids love) on PSNow whether you download or stream (and PC streaming of all of it).

I think EA may actually have an edge on both if you like what they offer, but that has its own can of worms in regards to easily access of release games.

Also not a fan of the trend where AAA studios mak lower budget / less content filled titles to release on these services.

Gamepass and it isn't even close.
The opposite could be said depending on your tastes, and there are the same or more downloadable games on PS Now (triple the amount or games if you include streaming)

Gamepass has the better modern lineup. PS Now has the better legacy lineup.
This is a good way to compare the current offerings. However, I'm not happy with the quality of MS first party games of the last few years and so few are available on PC as well.

To be perfectly honest after trying each of them I haven't continued my subscription beyond the first month or trial period. Have enough games in my backlog and titles I plan to buy outright.

I probably shouldn't have bought Forza 4 Ultimate edition, though, since its STILL broken af on my PC and I probably would have been fine playing it with GamePass.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PSNow has a terrible line up
Mostly PS3 multiplats you can run at better settings on a toaster and gotten for extremely cheap already. Very lacking PS4 line up. Game pass has a much better current gen library and actually provides a good bump in quality for retro compatible titles on the One X

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
I consider old games as bonuses, that can typically be bought for next to nothing. I still might play them on these services, but they're not what draw me in. I subscribe from time to time to play the new games and that's why I consider Game Pass best.

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
I don't know about lists, both services contain plenty of interesting games, and overall PS Now obviously has a larger selection (AND you can also stream). However, the concept of Game Pass is better, with first party titles and some indies available the day of release. It's a very important distinction to me.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
Gamepass simply because it's available in most regions.

I can understand the logistics and difficulties in rolling out a low latency streaming service, but it's weird and disappointing that they haven't made PS Now available for more regions now that most of the PS4 titles are available for download.

Lueken

Dec 15, 2017
Xbox Game Pass since I don't have to pay for it thanks to Microsoft Rewards. The service has been good about adding games on launch date. However, Microsoft's console exclusives do not interest me as much as Sony's.

I will not have interest in PlayStation Now until next generation. If they find a way to make that library all downloadable on the PlayStation 5, it becomes a better value proposition. I don't think they will go Microsoft's route in adding first-party titles at launch, but I think they will fill in the gaps of the missing PS4's exclusives over the next couple years.

RdN

Oct 31, 2017
Game Pass has exclusives launching day and date. Just for that, it takes the cake.

itchi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So far I've played TLOU and Bloodborne on PSNow and Gears 4, SoT, FH4, Crackdown on GamePass all using free trials or $2 offers. I prefer GamePass as I get to download the games and going forward more exclusives will be added.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
PS Now has a fantastic library of games but the value proposition is terrible in comparison to Game Pass. Especially since you can't download any of the PS3 games to your PS4 and you're at the mercy of streaming them which comes with lag, pixelated images, and potentially not even being able to play them at all.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Game Pass is just a better service overall. PSNow has more games, but Game Pass has downloads and is better priced, plus has new games come day and date.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Gma epass simply because psnow, the majority of games id want to play are from last gen and have to be streamed and xbox also has newer games.

But ps3 actually has the more interesting lineup, but its a shame cause playing them is like piss

Tareskog

Oct 30, 2017
Trondheim
Gamepass simply because it's available in most regions.

I can understand the logistics and difficulties in rolling out a low latency streaming service, but it's weird and disappointing that they haven't made PS Now available for more regions now that most of the PS4 titles are available for download.

This. I've been willing to try Ps Now for a while, but it's still not available in Norway. Only locked beta. Kinda ridiculous.
I've had Game Pass for over a year, and it's been great value.

Clocian

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Apr 23, 2018
it's no comparison. Now has waaaaay more titles. Came in to see most not know this or add in price(not what the poll asks) and select gamepass out of ignorance. I leave satisfied lol.

Allforce

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess I never realized you could play all these PS Now games on PC. That's pretty insane. I was considering getting Game Pass but there's about 8 games total for it on PC.

Apr 16, 2018
PSNow actually has games that I would subscribe for.

But I don't need either service because I have over 260 games on my PS4 alone. I always have something to play.

Acquiesc3

Oct 30, 2017
Game Pass. I play primarily on Playstation.. so I've played a large chunk of PS Now's catalogue already. A service that lets me play day one Microsoft first party games will naturally appeal to me more.

Nov 12, 2017
No contest ...gamepass Is just on another level..when Sony will release their first party on day one there it will appeal people ....
If they don't I expect gamepass to surpass by 2 or 3 times psnow nextgen

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Game Pass is a better value and has tons of new games, including Microsoft titles day one. Forza Horizon 4, Ori, Hellblade, Sea Of Thieves, Crackdown 3, State Of Decay 2, Below, Ashen, Rocket League... these alone practically outweigh PS Now for my personal tastes.

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
Just considering the games and nothing else, I prefer the PSNow lineup.
As a service, Gamepass is much better.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
it's no comparison. Now has waaaaay more titles. Came in to see most not know this or add in price(not what the poll asks) and select gamepass out of ignorance. I leave satisfied lol.
Or perhaps ignorance is using quantity as the deciding factor, and others feel it is more about which games, rather than how many games, are on the service.

The question is "Which service has the more appealing games to you right now" not "Which service has the most games". The former is subjective, the latter objective and therefore wouldn't warrant a poll.

Kemono

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
I counted the games i wouldwant to play if i only had such a service:

Game Pass = 85
PSNOW = 135

So i would say PSNOW would be my choice. But Game PAss is awesome and when the new Xbox Exclusive Games are coming i would buy into it.

Both services are worth their money imo.

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
If I'm looking at less from the point of view of which games I'd prefer, and more from the point of view of which has more games that I reckon are considered 'good', then I'd probably give the nod to Gamepass right now.

However I don't think the gap is as big as is sometimes suggested. I think the perception can be magnified a bit by the quantity on Now (and thus the relative proportions of 'good' content).

I think both have quite a ways to go tbh.

I think the gamepass promise of day and date 1P games is not, right now, as meaningful as the same promise would be on PSNow given the relative state of 1P publishing on both. So calls for Sony to 'match' Gamepass with a similar promise don't seem quite apples-to-apples to me. If Sony did it would be like bringing a bazooka to a pistol fight, it would be far more than a match.

I also think the balance could rapidly change in the next year or two if Sony slips in more and more of their big PS4 games which by then will be 'legacy'. The first couple of years of the next cycle will see these services dominated by XB1/PS4 content, and Sony has a much more attractive catalog to add to the mix compared to MS's 1P XB1 catalog... there's a lot of gas left in the tank for PSNow to overtake the offering on Gamepass in the early years of the next cycle, or at least until we see how PS5/XB2 content pans out.

Last edited:

prodyg

Oct 28, 2017
which doesnt really change anything since Sony doesn't bring newer games to the service or day 1 exclusives like gamepass. More titles is nice but fresher games is better. Also all the previous gen games on PSNow are stream only but downloadable on Game Pass.

Deleted member 50969

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 17, 2018
PS Now is 5 years old (January 28 2014) and I have to say the list is pretty awful for me, it can't compare to the BC list.

Gamepass for me.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
If I'm looking at less from the point of view of which games I'd prefer, and more from the point of view of which has more games that I reckon are considered 'good', then I'd probably give the nod to Gamepass right now.

However I don't think the gap is as big as is sometimes suggested. I think the perception can be magnified a bit by the quantity on Now (and thus the relative proportions of 'good' content).

I think the gamepass promise of day and date 1P games is not, right now, as meaningful as the same promise would be on PSNow given the relative state of 1P publishing on both. So calls for Sony to 'match' Gamepass with a similar promise don't seem quite apples-to-apples to me. If Sony did it would be like bringing a bazooka to a pistol fight, it would be far more than a match.

I also think the balance could rapidly change in the next year or two if Sony slips in more and more of their big PS4 games which by then will be 'legacy'. The first couple of years of the next cycle will see these services dominated by XB1/PS4 content, and Sony has a much more attractive catalog to add to the mix compared to MS's 1P XB1 catalog... there's a lot of gas left in the tank for PSNow to overtake the offering on Gamepass in the early years of the next cycle, or at least until we see how PS5/XB2 content pans out.
A lot of what ifs there. We can only judge what already exists.

For me, it's not the first party games that currently tip the favour to Game Pass, but the day one indies and more recent third party games - Shadow of the Tomb Raider for example.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
the people who keep saying "ps now because i dont like ms games" knows gamepass is not only ms games right?
they have to, since they're the same crowd who love to say xbox has no gaems. how could they fill 250+ spots then?

"if these very specific scenarios and suppositions happen ps now will end up better"

if microsoft pays 200 bucks for me to play gp every month it would be better than ps now with all your ifs. both are equally meaningless to the thread question of "what service has the superior game list to you right now"

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Ps Plus + Now for me. I see no personal value in Microsoft's games.

While I understand that argument, MS games are a) not all masterpieces and b) don't entice every game, don't you think the day one indies on Gamepass make for a better argument?
Games like Ashen, Mutant Year Zero and Warhammer Vertmintide 2 coming to the service day one.

Jan 20, 2019
A lot of what ifs there. We can only judge what already exists.

For me, it's not the first party games that currently tip the favour to Game Pass, but the day one indies and more recent third party games - Shadow of the Tomb Raider for example.

Shadow is there because the game was a flop, 2 weeks after release the game has already at 50% discount.

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
"if these very specific scenarios and suppositions happen ps now will end up better"

if microsoft pays 200 bucks for me to play gp every month it would be better than ps now with all your ifs. both are equally meaningless to the thread question of "what service has the superior game list to you right now"

I did answer that question, but I also see plenty of other people offering speculation on the future too. Not sure why you piled in on my post.

We can come back in a couple of years and see whether my speculation is more realistic than MS paying you $200 a month to play GP :)