Which service has the more appealing list of games to you?

• Game Pass's list appeals to me more

Votes: 568 74.5%
  • PS Now's list appeals to me more

Votes: 194 25.5%

• Total voters

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
These services are always being compared, so I'd like to take a snapshot of their current offerings and see how their libraries stack up against one another. Both services will continue to evolve over time so I would prefer we analyze them as they as they are right now.

One the one side we have Game Pass with over 250 titles, all downloadable but not yet streamable. All first party MS Games are releasing on it day 1 with the most recent addition being Crackdown 3. Here's the most complete list I could find of all the titles on this service and from what I can tell it seems to be up to date:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-02-06-xbox-game-pass-games-list-price-6010

On the other side we have PS Now with over 750 titles, of which about 275 are downloadable and all are streamable. First party games are not launched on this service day 1, but there are a few heavy hitters from earlier this gen. Here is the most complete list I could find of all titles on this service, but it doesn't seem to only be updated to October 2018 so I'm including a couple extra links listing more games that've been added to the service since:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_Now_games
December/January/February lists below:
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/12/04/ps-now-adds-50-more-ps4-games-including-for-honor/
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/01/08/playstation-now-gets-prey-project-cars-2-more-in-january/
https://blog.us.playstation.com/201...kombat-x-metal-gear-solid-hd-collection-more/

So taking a look at both lists, which one appeals to you more?

GhoulOne

Mar 4, 2018
I would say Game Pass because of the newer titles. I'd rather sub to play games like Crackdown 3, Forza Horizon 4 and Shadow of the Tomb Raider for example rather than a bunch of old games I can buy for cheap anytime.

PurelyChris

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Gamepass, easy. Better price, can download and play every single game, and the game's themselves tend to appeal to me more. PS Now is bollocks price-wise and streaming is just not there yet.

Oct 25, 2017
Since I use Game Pass on PC, PS Now wins easily when it comes to library. But the lack of downloading on the PS3 and the high price make it very unappealing to me, I end up using Game Pass more often.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A lot of the PS now catalog feels like the catalog you would have found on like Onlive, which is that it has a few notable titles well past their prime and a lot of chaff.

If we're like talking about "This person was born yesterday and has never owned any games" I can see an argument for PSnow.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Playstation Now actually has games i'd want to play.

Game Pass has Ori & Forza as the only compelling things to me.

But just generally i'd give the edge to PS NOW, despite it's higher cost.

VoltySquirrel

Oct 25, 2017
I admit I haven't checked in on PS Now since a little after they made certain games downloadable, but at the time I found the service still wanting. Little issues like games with PS4 versions only having PS3 versions, thus needing to be streamed, a very laughable PS2 selection, and the fact that not many recent big games were on the service. The downloadable aspect is the only part that matters to me so it's still a no-go for me.

Brotherhood93

Oct 28, 2017
Game Pass wins out due to it's first party games being on there I think but PlayStation Now is seriously underrated. Alienation, Bloodborne, Dead Nation, Gravity Rush, Helldivers, Resogun, Prey, Sniper Elite 4, Soma, Tearaway, Project Cars 2, Until Dawn and XCOM 2 are all downloadable. A few other critically acclaimed games on there too. Price is the main issue for me, since I've played a lot of what I'd want to play on there it becomes hard to justify a pretty hefty price tag. Another reason Game Pass is more appealing.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
The day one titles + downloadable PC games make Gamepass valuable to me. (I do not own a gaming console)

Also think the PS Now library is a bit overwhelming. Lol.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Game Pass by a huge margin. I've subbed to odd months on and off of PS Now but it's huge library is all mostly old stuff and there's sometimes one or two things I want to play whenever they do a library update. The fact that Game Pass gets new games like Crackdown, Ashen, Mutant Year Zero etc makes it massively valuable to my gaming library. PS Now is, at best, a curiosity that I'll sub to every now and again. And £12.99 a month (PS Now) vs £7.99 a month (Game Pass) doesn't help it much. £12.99 a month is more than I pay for just about any subscription service I sub to. £7.99 is cheaper than most I sub to.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Including streaming aka PS3 games? PS now. Including only downloadable games? gamepass.

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
I love my PS4 and I'm not a big fan of the Xbox one that much. The main reason I have one is for Forza but damn, game pass is so good. I had PS Now for over a year but I switched to game pass as I couldn't justify having both and the service is so much better

Ant

Oct 27, 2017
If I see PS has an offer on PS Now, if resubscribe for a month but ensure auto renewal is off however even though I don't have an Xbox I would prefer the Xbox catalogue of titles.

I'm just hoping that instead of dipping their toes in the water like PlayStation is doing now, they go full blown gamepass with ps5.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
Game Pass, no question. It almost makes me want to own an Xbox One. Almost.

PSNow's downloadable collection is garbage, and streaming doesn't count.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Game Pass because of better downloadable games. PS Now is fine, but the PS4 library is terrible.

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I'm someone who actually likes and uses BC. So the "old" games on PS Now is not an issue for me. It's also a great way of introducing games to my kids who are new to gaming.

NoctisLC

Jun 5, 2018
Gamepass easily for me. Great selection of AAA stuff and good indies. Lotta day 1 releases too.

Raider34

Banned
May 8, 2018
United States
I love Gamepass would sub to psnow if PS4 first party titles become available even a year or two after being released can't see myself paying that type of money to play wwe 2k16

Opa-Opa

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 16, 2018
Gamepass, no doubt about it. No brainer for xbox owners.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Bloodborne > (insert Game Pass games here)

But for real. The IDEA of Game Pass is what I love. However, for the same reason I don't own an Xbox One, the games just haven't been there this generation for Microsoft. So kind of by default, PS Now wins this for me.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
Gamepass and it's not even remotely close, only one gets new releases. In December alone Mutant Year Zero, Ashen and Below on release day.

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
i dont even have to look at PS Nows...and im picking that one. Gamepass is made up of games i already have (mostly from GWG)...and games i dont wanna play. I look at the gamepass list and theres like 4 games i would play (that i dont already own).

Oct 25, 2017
Gamepass obviously. Sony has the library to blow Gamepass out the water, but they're in the business of selling quality games for $60, not pushing a quantity over quality netflix-esque service.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
Game pass by a mile. The fact you are forced to stream PS3 games is a huge downside, plus the overall library is inferior in terms of selection.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
i don't really like streaming games for whatever weird reason that I can't justify so gamepass is far better. I'm really enjoying crackdown 3 in tiny doses, plus have put in a ton of hours into FH4. Just 2-3 decent games a year and gamepass justifies itself to me easy, whereas i can't really think of any game I would want to play on PSNow. I do use my PS4 Pro like 80% of my gaming time (playing KH3, Blops4, WW2 now) but no appeal for PSNow.

Rolodzeo

Nov 10, 2017
Spain, EU
Gamepass. You download your game and play. All first party (and some third party) titles day one, great selection, BC and really, really cheap if you get it on sale.

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bloodborne > (insert Game Pass games here)

But for real. The IDEA of Game Pass is what I love. However, for the same reason I don't own an Xbox One, the games just haven't been there this generation for Microsoft. So kind of by default, PS Now wins this for me.

Its not just Microsoft games that are in Game Pass, I've now lost count of the number of third party games that have launched in the service.

Its just incredible value.

SSPssp

Oct 25, 2017
Playing Crackdown 3 right now and I'm really impressed I can play a new release for $2! Gamepass all the way!

neptunez

Apr 21, 2018
I don't even own an Xbox and GP looks pretty attractive, especially the price.

I wish Sony would offer something comparable and that they would fully get behind it as an entire company.

Last edited:

Matty H

Oct 31, 2017
I just subbed to gamepass for Mutant Year Zero and Crackdown 3 but I'm playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider at the moment. There's more games on it (that I want to play) than I have time for.

I don't have access to PS Now but even if I did the list of downloadable games isn't new enough. I tend to buy the PlayStation 1st party games that I want to play, so that removes the main draw for PS Now. If they became launch day additions (and I could sub in my country) then I would definitely sub to PS Now as well as Gamepass.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
PS Now titles look more appealing to me. It's just a shame the PS3 titles aren't downloadable, even on a PS3.

That said, I have an Xbox as a second (third?) console and I just sub to Game Pass and don't buy games at all for it.

Klaphat

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
I'm subbed to Game Pass and it's because it's way cheaper and you get newer games. these last couple of months have been insane. I'm about to start Shadow of the Tomb Raider and i still can't believe it's part of Game Pass already. It almost feel too good to be true.

I just looked at the PS Now list of games and there is exactly 0 games i'm interested in. I have already played the games that i find worth playing on the list. I would sub if they had newer games like on Game Pass, but right now PS Now is garbage to me.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gamepass is a pretty easy winner here. It has more recent games, and you don't have to stream them.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Game Pass by a huge margin. I've subbed to odd months on and off of PS Now but it's huge library is all mostly old stuff and there's sometimes one or two things I want to play whenever they do a library update. The fact that Game Pass gets new games like Crackdown, Ashen, Mutant Year Zero etc makes it massively valuable to my gaming library. PS Now is, at best, a curiosity that I'll sub to every now and again. And £12.99 a month (PS Now) vs £7.99 a month (Game Pass) doesn't help it much. £12.99 a month is more than I pay for just about any subscription service I sub to. £7.99 is cheaper than most I sub to.

It's £6.99 per month equivalent if you buy 12 months

Gamepass is a pretty easy winner here. It has more recent games, and you don't have to stream them.

You don't have to stream any of the PS4 games either

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
It's £6.99 per month equivalent if you buy 12 months

You don't have to stream any of the PS4 games either

PS Now? As I said, I only ever sub for odd months. I don't want a 12 month sub. Directly related to the thread question - I don't think the lineup is strong enough to have a constant sub to it (for me).