Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
Found this reddit thread, seems like if you change your billing plan and select daily, it's $0.05. Probably a glitch but worth a shot

ELMDgHDXkAA13qt

edit: can a mod edit the title to say Game Pass Ultimate?

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Huh, I've got a shit load of time before I need to worry about renewal but that's interesting.

OP
OP
Razgriz417

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
mine is good til 2022 and i had autorenew off so I figured its worth a shot. If they fix it, I'll just turn it off and wait for a sale

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I'm good for another 15 months (stupidly didn't get more during that conversion deal) - let's hope this is there until then!

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I had no idea they even had daily billing for it. That's cool though, makes it easier to use it as a game rental service of sorts if you're only interested in playing one thing.

Anyway, I changed mine to daily billing. Doubt they'll honor it though, especially since my current subscription doesn't even end until May 2020.

AzVal

May 7, 2018
I see I can buy ultimate for 3 months for only 1 dollar is the same promotion?, incidentally ultimate for 1 month and a month of PC game pass show for a buck as well.

Raza

Nov 7, 2017
Ohio
So it's approximately $1.50 per month. I was covered till March, we'll see it this works. Thanks.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Turned it on. I'm good until November 2022, and I doubt it'll stick till then, but let's see what happens

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like a good way to get your credit card blocked

Guess you could do it using credit

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
3 months of Ultimate for $1.00, then daily at $.05/day starting 3/7/2020.

Not a chance in hell they honor this.

GReeeeN

Senior Analyst at GSD
Verified
Mar 6, 2018

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
i was able to do it as well, but yeah no way this isn't updated in the 2.5 years between now and when my current ultimate subscription ends

Adman

Oct 25, 2017
I am on a gamepass ultimate 3 month trial, can I do this?

That's what I'm on right now, and it let me turn on recurring billing to daily for after the trial expires.

Takes me to my "manage subscriptions" page, then I click "change" under recurring billing, and it then shows monthly, 3 months, 6 months, 12 months 24 months?

I guess this is a US only thing then? I have all of those options plus the daily.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
With tax that's roughly around $24 a year. No way in hell MS is honoring that.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I went ahead and signed up for this, as I didn't jump on the deal to purchase a large chunk of gamepass ultimate for cheap in time. I'll see in 8 days whether they honor this price or not I guess...

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Got it too, even if is an error maybe they will let us keep that price for a few months.
They won't. It's a simple price error. They added daily billing, and instead of pricing it at $.50/day ($15/month, which is the actual price of Ultimate), someone fucked up their decimals and priced it at $.05.

They'll change it by Monday at the latest. If people moan and bitch about it, Microsoft might throw them a free month as a "Go the fuck away" consolation prize.

3 months/$1.00 is the better deal. Less chance of them being able to rescind that.

Titanpaul

Jan 2, 2019
Why is daily billing even an option? I doubt $0.50 is worth Credit charges.

Regardless, I signed up.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
This is only a great deal if you don't have gamepass already or its expiring soon. You are not locking in a lifetime rate or anything, when I first converted my GWG to gamepass ultimate it told me I could auto renew for $1/mo so I said "hell yeah" but my GPU was good until like June 2022. When I checked a few weeks later it went from $1/mo in June 2022 to $14.99/mo, so they changed the future sub price underneath me without any warning.

So yeah, great if you got nothing right now - sign up for $1 for 3 months I think, then switch to auto renew daily plan for 5/day, but once your initial 3 months is up you'd have to login every day to ensure its still 5c/day and not more. If your GPU is good until 2021+ then its very unlikely you will retain that 5c/day price when auto renew kicks in, and more likely you'll be charged a much higher price.

Not much different than signing up for TV service, mobile, gym, etc at a low introductory discount rate and then quietly the rate goes much higher at the end of a trial period and its all auto billed to your CC so you may not even notice.