• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
uopimzqop8v21.png

Erebus

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Europe
After all the criticism here, I started watching the episode with low expectations. Some scenes really blew my mind and overall I think it was amazing. Sure they could have handled some things differently but I swear some of you will complain about almost anything.

The dragon scenes were spectacular, I mean holy shit at that lighting effects.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I hope you guys are ready to see Sansa take the Iron Throne.

I honestly kind of hope that that scene of Sansa just freezing while all of her guards get butchered on the other side of the door FINALLY forces a character shift in her. It was clear it affected her, I just hope it didn't make her even more ruthless.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
Killing the NK was the only way this would end since they were losing but the fact that it wasn't some cool plan or a twist and just Arya out of nowhere really fell flat. And Jon screaming at a dragon like an idiot. His character is just an idiot.

I hope Bran was plotting something and there's more to this because for such a big moment it fell flat.

I didn't feel like they outsmarted him or anything like that since it was all so fast. All for shock value.

Edit: I'm still hoping for a curve ball but Sansa vs Dany seems to be the conclusion right now. But how does Bran fit into that?

There needs to be a twist soon. Something.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I remember shortly after that conversation, I looked over at my friends and was like "well, considering how fucked everyone is, the only real possible ending is that SOMEONE kills the Night King, because nobody's escaping this hellhole right now".

And then when it actually happened I was just so damn relieved.

Yeah, that was my thought as well though honestly I didn't think it would be arya at that point. Figured it would be Jon what with all the time spent watching him go in circles around that Dragon

Jinaar

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton AB
Yeah the charge doesn't bother me much, it's them charging into pure darkness. The dragons could have lit up the forest or made a fire line so they could at least see what they were charging into.

My thoughts is that the dragon's would be attacking into the unknown and the loss of another dragon, at the beginning of a battle would even be more chaotic and heartbreaking. The line of fire would have to be strategically closer to the Dothraki to be safely done.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I'd love a HD wallpaper quality shot of the dragons above the clouds. There was an image shared in the other thread, but fitting it to my screen distorts it oo much.

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They (GRRM mostly) set up that dagger as being important from the very beginning. I'm surprised so one thought that Arya would kill the NK when Bran gave her the dagger last season.

Jan 10, 2018
Night King in all honor, but there's not one character I want more dead than Cersie. She is and always has been the ultimate antagonist of the series for me.

Deleted member 36493

Dec 19, 2017
I hope it comes down to Sansa vs Cersei vs Dany vying for the throne. Even better would be Jon and Dany getting offed by and then Sansa vs Cersei. Sansa has far more history with her.

Last edited:

Farmboy

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh, how utterly mediocre. Arya rocks, but can anyone truly say any other character was well-written in this episode? Maybe Theon.

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
I've vented. Now I'm in a new thread ready for a new episode.

Yes, even though I didn't like the conclusion to the white walker storyline I can say I am pretty damn excited to see what happens next because I truly have no idea where they are going. I always liked the human drama better anyway.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
yVQCu2h.gif

After 8 seasons of buildup. Ironically if Ned was never killed she very likely would've never reached this level. Now it just remains to be seen how she fares against human opponents because that's a whole other thing vs 1 hit kill zombies.

Aryas strength is stealth and surprise. She might do well one-on-one, so long as she gets the kill in before they realize she knows what she's doing.

Look at the sparing match with her and Briene. Moment Briene took the match seriously, she knocked Arya on her ass.

Jinaar

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton AB
They (GRRM mostly) set up that dagger as being important from the very beginning. I'm surprised so one thought that Arya would kill the NK when Bran gave her the dagger last season.

I think the best part of GoT for me is that I could insert anyone to be the killer of the NK if done right. I couldn't say for certainty who was going to be the hero of the night battle, if there was going to even be one, last episode. I kinda liked that for myself.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
And why would anyone believe them in the south?
Jon: "So guys, we defeated the Army of the Dead and this ancient evil that was threatening to kill us all"
People south: "Cool story man! Do you have any proof for that?"
Jon: "Well, they all conveniently exploded into tiny pieces, so... there are a lot of people dead that were alive yesterday?"

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really think that there won't be an Iron Throne. It would make the most sense considering it supposedly has the same ending as ASOIAF. That also means that there is no way Cersei wins

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
Cersei is the ultimate bad guy. That is true. It helps that the actress is amazing.

Hopefully her resolution delivers.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have any info on how long they shot for the 5th episode? The 40 minute doc on hbo they said they shot for 3 months at night just for this one so im curious if there are any other big episodes left.

Deleted member 16136

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jon trying to get to the courtyard but the dragon (who looked fucking sweet with the fire coming out of his bitten neck) blocking him was pure Dark Souls.

Deleted member 40102

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Honestly this isn't what I expected from GoT.

It use to be so brutal no one survives every character you think its protagonist they die all pf the sudden from wars , assassinations and such.

But the winter battle the most hyped up battle in the series 90% of protagonists survive. They definitely went way too easy this time.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
I just thought of an alternate ending for those of you who like that sort of thing.

Imagine if right as the Night King is about to strike Bran, he wargs into all of his generals and holds him down, piercing his heart with dragonglass.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Cersei luring Dany and Jon and their entourage into the throne room and then blowing up the Red keep with wildfire is definitely her plan, right? As she sails off somewhere else with Euron

She has one effective move

The Pharmercy

Oct 26, 2017
Based on what I've read, no one is upset that Arya killed the NK. They are mostly upset at how she did it.

Yeah. For me it was the portrayal. If there had to be a fight past the WWs and if it didn't look so cheesy it would've been fine. It was just written to make the WW & NK incredibly fucking dumb so Arya could do cool shit. Her being the one to kill him was fine.

No, he survived it beacuse he's a white walker

Targaryens aren't fireproof. Dany is special

Let the idea that Dany is a decoy and not an actual Targaryen come true pls :P

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Is possible that the night King was a Targaryean since he survived a Fireblast like Dany can?
Nah, there's several scenes throughout the show where they've been shown to be immune to fire all types of fire.

Cersei luring Dany and Jon and their entourage into the throne room and then blowing up the Red keep with wildfire is definitely her plan, right? As she sails off somewhere else with Euron

She has one effective move
I doubt she'd let them into the throne room.

Status
Not open for further replies.