Raigor

May 14, 2020
Syndicate as best OPEN WORLD

I really like Syndicate, but best open world? lol

Deleted member 60582

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 12, 2019
Personally, I would move Witcher out and put Bloodborne in, but I'm not gonna argue with their top 5.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How dare they!? Im so mad at their opinions for being different than my own!!! Arrrgh!

ac syndicate was pretty good tbh. It was slept on for sure when it came out

i felt nothing when i beat god of war

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Era's obsession with Bloodborne knows no bounds. Great list for the most part but as someone pointed out already, it's such a big list with different categories it's hard to discuss it in detail.

mentallyinept

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Solid top 5 IMO, I would be hard pressed to argue any one of them doesn't deserve to be there.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
9 PS4 only games across the categories. (Make it 10 if you count PS4 first party games i-e Horizon)
6 Switch only games across the categories
1 Xbox/PC only game across the categories.

Sony did nothing short of a spectacular job this generation.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Fantastic way to do such a list, and great choices for each category. I can easily see each of those being worthy, even if I personally don't like some of the games. And I see we're already off to the racers with people unable to accept differing opinions.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Only game I didn't finish in that top tier in BotW. I would replace it for something else in my personal list, but it's hard to argue that it doesn't belong in any of the top lists.

Pheonix

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
St Kitts
Full list:

Must played:
Story Driven:
FPS:

Intense Action:
Open world:
Old-school charm:
Wholesome fun:
Mind Binders:
RPG:
Fierce competition:

PS4 = 40
PC = 30
XB1 = 27
NS = 20

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly think that list is pretty damn good. Few misses here and there but solid overall. I like it.

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
More so than Last of Us?

Can't relate as a someone who hasn't spawned -- I had fun with the game, but the story and characters were a little boring.
Much more. I find TLOU's relationship pretty dark and manipulative personally and the ending hammers that home and the sequel expands on that big time.

God of War is the first game I've played that made the fear a parent has of passing their faults and insecurities down to their child a huge part of the narrative...God of War just dials it up to 11 for obvious reasons.

So many lines in that script are stuff that only a parent that is consumed with love for their child could write:

A: "So you'd let me kill you?"
K: "If it meant you would live...yes"

The music in that game alone moves me.

Gotsh0cks

Sep 28, 2020
Decent list overall but can't help but feel like Night in the Woods got snubbed. Hard to disagree with most of the choices though. If my biggest gripe is with AC: Syndicate being on the list that's a nothing complaint in the long run.

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ctrl+F Ori and the Will of Wisps. Phew... ok we good.

I would absolutely swap Witcher 3 with Bloodborne but whatcha gonna do.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
Amazing list.

Only two I have issues with being there are MGS V and Edith Finch.

I'd add Spiritfarer to the "Wholesome" list and Outer Wilds somewhere.

MentalZer0

Oct 27, 2017
"Do the gods love their creations? I am a doll, created by you humans. Would you ever think to love me? of course... I do love you. Isn't that how you've made me?"

tumblr_mutnefMDPI1r8uoabo5_250.gif

francium87

Oct 27, 2017
Ctrl + F: into the breach. Nope.

Not my taste, I guess.

Into the Breach and Titanfall 2 are the only games to crack my personal top 10. Everyone should try IthB even if turn based strategy is usually not you jam.

andresmoros

Oct 29, 2017
Houston
Assassin's Creed SYNDICATE? for open world?

SYNDICATE???
This was my biggest gripe with this list. I thought it was weird that out of all the AC game, he picked Syndicate. Other than that, and the exclusion of DMCV, I think it's a pretty great list.

I also realized: there's no NieR automata?? I only played the demo, but there's not a single person in this world that has played the game and doesn't love it to death.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Would have swapped Bloodborne with Dark Souls 3 but overall a pretty solid list.

natestellar

Sep 16, 2018
Honestly, that's a very good list. Difficult to argue against the Top Tier games or most games in their respective categories.

mikhailguy

Banned
Jun 20, 2019
Much more. I find TLOU's relationship pretty dark and manipulative personally and the ending hammers that home and the sequel expands on that big time.

God of War is the first game I've played that made the fear a parent has of passing their faults and insecurities down to their child a huge part of the narrative...God of War just dials it up to 11 for obvious reasons.

So many lines in that script are stuff that only a parent that is consumed with love for their child could write:

A: "So you'd let me kill you?"
K: "If it meant you would live...yes"

The music in that game alone moves me.

Really? The sort of mournful tone that God of War begins with felt so unearned. You never have a reason to care about the wife/mother character. The disembodied head that you carry around didn't do anything for me -- and probably actively ruined bonding moments in the game. Some of the little gestures felt so obvious, like when Kratos is thinking about resting his hand on his son's shoulder, but pulls away.