• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
First up, a general comment from Masuda on the upcoming project:

"As for the 2019 title, we're working with the idea that everyone will be playing on their own Switch. It'll have the same kind of feeling as the previous games on handheld systems."

It seems Masuda was also asked if you'll be able to transfer Pokemon from Pokemon: Let's Go, Pikachu / Eevee. In response, he said:

"There have been times where you couldn't bring Pokemon over from previous titles – I imagine that created some bad memories. I want to try and change that, if I can."

(Translated by Nintendo Everything)

The first comment just echoes the general sentiment that the new game will be like the handheld games (which Game Freak and TPCi at this point have worded in every permutation possible). The latter comment is what I find a bit more interesting- is Masuda implying LGP/LGE may be forward compatible? I imagine that the new Pokemo they introduce, at least, has to be transferrable to the new games, but maybe all the other ones will be, too?

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Hopefully there will be an official Pokemon Bank announcement soon.

It's the only thing that's keeping me from canceling my pre-order.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2018
I hope that first comment doesn't mean it won't have the drop in multiplayer. But maybe if they go with a full 3D camera that won't be possible anyways...

JCW

Oct 26, 2017
Pokémon games since Gen 3 have been forward compatible, they just go around it in a strange way and they can't go back.

Shit, Gen 1 was forward compatible to Gen 2. Gen 2 > 3 was the odd one out.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I wonder if the Pikachu and Eevee you have as your partner will have special characteristics in the Gen 8 games should Let's Go be forward compatible. I remember that if you transferred your Pikachu from Pokemon Yellow to Pokemon Stadium it would exclusively say it's anime cries and would have special poses during picture mode.

KtSlime

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
He wants to avoid a situation of Let's Go users from having bad memories due to not being able to bring over their Pokémon to the next game, but existing fans who want to bring their Pokémon into Let's Go are out of luck. Hmmmm.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the Pikachu and Eevee you have as your partner will have special characteristics in the Gen 8 games should Let's Go be forward compatible. I remember that if you transferred your Pikachu from Pokemon Yellow to Pokemon Stadium it would exclusively say it's anime cries and would have special poses during picture mode.

The more recent pikachu/pichu type stuff hasn't been cross compatible so im not expecting that at all.

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
Considering that the 1 new Pokemon is 99% going to be a mythical, itd be stupid if you couldnt transfer it over

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
I'm certain we'll see at least LGP/LGE -> Gen 8 and US/UM -> Gen 8 compatibility. I think there'll be US/UM -> LGP/LGE compatibility, but I don't think it's guaranteed yet.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
He wants to avoid a situation of Let's Go users from having bad memories due to not being able to bring over their Pokémon to the next game, but existing fans who want to bring their Pokémon into Let's Go are out of luck. Hmmmm.

Yeah... Forward compatibility isn't new, which is why them mulling it for LGPE is weird & them not allowing backward compatibility feels absurd. I know there's no wild battles, but the Trainer battles should accommodate Gen 2+ Pokèmon. At least the 2.5 Gens currently in Go.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
Gen 8 is going to be the big jump Pokémon hasn't had yet?

I doubt it. They are too set in their ways to make any drastic changes to the formula.

And even when Game Freak has gone & implemented a cool feature in a title, it will be locked in that game/generation & will never be kept & expanded in a future game. It's hard to take their word for granted, when it's been anything but.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if the funky pokemon from Go will at least maintain their appearances in Let's Go.

I want birthday hat Pikachu and glasses wearing Squirtle!

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
At the very least, I appreciate that they haven't said anything about Let's Go potentially impacting the main series at all.

But of course, once Let's Go is inevitably a hit, we'll have to wait and see whether or not GF will let it drag the main games down with it in games after the 2019 one.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
That's the one thing they've repeatedly said they won't do.

I would like to be proven wrong, but everything they've done since X&Y has otherwise proven that they simply don't get it. They are set in their ways to take one step forward, twelve steps back.

And that's fine, what with this being their IP. But unlike in the past, I'm waiting for impressions & watching live streams from my sources to see if they actually follow through with their goals. Sun & Moon broke me for being horrible games to play (and not keeping their promises for "shaking things up").

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
So far, absolutely nothing has suggested that. Game Freak has in fact gone out of the way to suggest that Gen 8 will be comfortably like the existing handheld Pokemon games.

As long as they have better production value and bigger scale, I don't mind. Love Sun/Moon.

But I will be mad if 2019 title is similar to Sun/Moon (in term of scale and production value), but with HD graphic.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I just hope the cover Pikachu can be transferred, though I doubt it.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
As long as they have better production value and bigger scale, I don't mind. Love Sun/Moon.

But I will be mad if 2019 title is similar to Sun/Moon (in term of scale and production value), but with HD graphic.
This is what it'll be. I believe it's somewhat telling that they see Let's Go as a home console experience but see the 2019 as handheld titles. It'll honestly probably use a very similar game engine to what's being used in the Let's Go games.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Even though Abilities could not be present in LGPE, there shouldn't be problem about trasferring Pokémon to an 8th generation game. They did the same for Virtual Console Pokémon Blu/Red/Yellow, when Sun&Moon were released; during the transfer they generated features on Pokémon if not present in the original games. I think that they will implement the transfer in the same way, it will be unidirectional from LGPE to 8th generation games, so it's possible that the Bank won't be released on Switch until 2019.

Theorymon

Oct 25, 2017
Even though Abilities could not be present in LGPE, there shouldn't be problem about trasferring Pokémon to an 8th generation game. They did the same for Virtual Console Pokémon Blu/Red/Yellow, when Sun&Moon were released; during the transfer they generated features on Pokémon if not present in the original games. I think that they will implement the transfer in the same way, it will be unidirectional from LGPE to 8th generation games, so it's possible that the Bank won't be released on Switch until 2019.

To be more specfic, Pokebank determined natures via the last two digits on a Pokemon's total eperience gained, and abilities were always Hidden abilites. IVs were randomized besides there being 3 perfect IVs as well (so no legal Hidden Power Fighting for Zapdos rip)

If they take this approach (if abilities aren't in), it'll be even easier since Natures were sneakily shown at the Treehouse demo, so no exp mainpulating here! From the stats shown it seems like IVs are the same too.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah Gen 8 needs to be a full 3D game.

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018
It just means the Pokemon caught in LetsGo will be transferable, eventually.

It does NOT mean you will be able to bring anything to LetsGo from Bank.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Give it a better lighting engine and stronger textures and you wouldn't notice

Gen 7 were full 3D games
Better lighting engine and stronger textures, really? How about we get a real jump for the Pokémon franchise other than 3DS games in HD with better lighting and stronger textures.

Again it's great to have low expectations because I have those same low expectations.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Better lighting engine and stronger textures, really? How about we get a real jump for the Pokémon franchise other than 3DS games in HD with better lighting and stronger textures.

Again it's great to have low expectations because I have those same low expectations.
Man will you be disappointed when the next Pokémon game turns out to be a Pokémon game