Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I want more Red Winter characters in Blue Archive. What I got out of Cherino's event was that Minori and Shigure have great designs and I wanna pull for them.
At least Marina becomes a pullable character in the future. She's basically Red Winter Aru, haha.

You da man Chrono , this saves me a ton of research. I guess I should forget the debuffs during the progression to 9 then, they do seem to stack quite a bit more this time compared to previous instances.
Not a problem!

And yeah, you could ignore the debuffs your first time through and work on 3*'ing everything and pushing to stage 9 as quickly as possible, but if you're adequately leveled you could probably just grab whatever. I chose all of the debuffs and still 3"d everything my first time through, outside of one map where I made some poor choices in movement and went over five turns. Your primary focus is stage 9 though, and stacking the bonus as high as you can for a run. Need all of the chocolate coins for the card gambling.

I do need to go back through a few of the stages for the time requirement missions, but I'll do that near the end.

Gyoru

Oct 27, 2017
I wish the AI in Echoes of Mana wasn't so garbage. I have Sumo set to Support (and even tried Healer), he has more than enough mana, and he's just watching his allies die while they sit at 10% health. Also, they need to make it so you can dash through enemies.

Keep Sumo on Support strategy so he can still self buff. Healer strategy won't use his self Super Armor buff, which lets him cast Cure through attacks. From what I've noticed, the AI will do a backdash and assess if it wants to heal someone at <= 50% HP or sometimes he'll backdash into his ST instead. He won't heal if he's doing a normal attack string.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Keep Sumo on Support strategy so he can still self buff. Healer strategy won't use his self Super Armor buff, which lets him cast Cure through attacks. From what I've noticed, the AI will do a backdash and assess if it wants to heal someone at <= 50% HP or sometimes he'll backdash into his ST instead. He won't heal if he's doing a normal attack string.
He does seem to be better at healing when set as support, but I've still seen him just...stand there. I often have to manually switch to him and cast his heals before proceeding to the next room. It's annoying. :/

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

The Blue Archive patch notes are a little unclear. It makes it sound as though Bunny Neru and Bunny Karin will be available for exchange via pity when Bunny Asuna's banner begins, but I've never seen the recruitment points not be reset when a banner ends and both of the current bunny banners end immediately before Bunny Asuna, so...

Probably not worth taking the risk. If I knew for sure that I could aim for Bunny Karin and then use that pity on Bunny Asuna if I got her early I probably would, but I kind of have a feeling that them saying "The list of available 3★ students will be the same" just means that it'll be the standard pool of characters and not referring to the current lineup selection (with both bunnies available).

SJUG

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
United States
The patch notes do state:
  • Neru (Bunny) and Karin (Bunny)'s Recruitment Points will be reset on 5/17 (Tue) 03:00 (UTC).
What confused me at first is they mention the 3* guaranteed ticket you can buy in the shop will give you recruitment points for the Neru/Karin Banner, but when Asuna comes out, it'll go towards her spark if you use it at that time.

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Ten more shards until I can unlock Karin! Then I'll keep grinding to hopefully unlock her 4/5* before the event ends (doing six AP refreshes per day with pyroxenes). The value seems worth it, especially considering all of the materials and money you're getting in addition to it all.

katsu044

Mar 1, 2021
canada
10pull got me Karin (B) and Alice dup, got Nearlalter in arknights last night and Awk-Joo Shin Yoon in counterside the other day my gacha luck has been a blessing lately

OP
OP
GooZ

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I had to buy two packs to reach pity and I picked up bNeru. Now begins my journey to save for Ako and then Marina.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
Ten more shards until I can unlock Karin! Then I'll keep grinding to hopefully unlock her 4/5* before the event ends (doing six AP refreshes per day with pyroxenes). The value seems worth it, especially considering all of the materials and money you're getting in addition to it all.
I'm aiming to unlock Neru this way. Already have Karin.

Don't forget you can use your pvp tokens as well, and you can refresh them for 10 tokens too.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm aiming to unlock Neru this way. Already have Karin.

Don't forget you can use your pvp tokens as well, and you can refresh them for 10 tokens too.
I already had Neru, but I'll take the easy rank upgrades!

And yeah, I've been doing the PVP shop refreshes too (saving those coins for a while now). All of the AP is going into this event, it's just too good.

OP
OP
GooZ

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I heard you like Mihoyo games because it seems like another one is coming

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Mihoyo has 5-6 projects in development.

Project Z isn't a game, but a fucking fusion reactor. Like, a real world fusion reactor.

Project X was a Destiny-like game, but it was either scrapped or reworked into one of their other four gaming projects.

Project S/Project W/Project E/Project H - One of them is an open world, urban-themed game with vehicles. It has a destruction system as well that is key to the game's core mechanic.

Another game is this cluster is Zenless Zone Zero. Or this is the open world, urban game mentioned above. But unlikely, as the urban vehicle game is for "next gen" systems only.

Oct 25, 2017
Mihoyo has 5-6 projects in development.

Project Z isn't a game, but a fucking fusion reactor. Like, a real world fusion reactor.

Project X was a Destiny-like game, but it was either scrapped or reworked into one of their other four gaming projects.

Project S/Project W/Project E/Project H - One of them is an open world, urban-themed game with vehicles. It has a destruction system as well that is key to the game's core mechanic.

Another game is this cluster is Zenless Zone Zero. Or this is the open world, urban game mentioned above. But unlikely, as the urban vehicle game is for "next gen" systems only.
can they really support all these games?!

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Dislyte apparently secretly launched a few days early.

It's very similar to E7, if you liked that. It has a very unique and stylish artstyle.

e14tt75zncm81.png

Oct 25, 2017
I wanted to ask if any Blue Archive players knew of any decent YouTube channels relating to the game; I'm looking to give the game a try but I want to learn more about the mechanics and how to do things without being wasteful.

(Also, I didn't see an OT for Blue Archive, so I'm assuming this is the right place to talk about it?)

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
PSA for anyone playing Seven Mortal Sins

Normally unsummoning 5* characters gives you two crystals (which you can redeem for bunrei of the Sins/Virtues/Riders), but Summer Luciana (the current event character) is a little different, in that she gives you 15 crystals. You need 18 crystals for the bunrei, so it puts you within striking distance with only selling one.

It might be worth keeping one around for collection reasons (if you're into that), but any more you get from summoning on her banner with the tickets they're giving out should (and those in the event shop) absolutely be sold. It makes getting those bunrei a whole lot easier.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
PSA for anyone playing Seven Mortal Sins

Normally unsummoning 5* characters gives you two crystals (which you can redeem for bunrei of the Sins/Virtues/Riders), but Summer Luciana (the current event character) is a little different, in that she gives you 15 crystals. You need 18 crystals for the bunrei, so it puts you within striking distance with only selling one.

It might be worth keeping one around for collection reasons (if you're into that), but any more you get from summoning on her banner with the tickets they're giving out should (and those in the event shop) absolutely be sold. It makes getting those bunrei a whole lot easier.
Oh wow thats good to know. Hope I get lucky and maybe get one. Could then buy one from the event store and use the other for crystals to get close to a bunrei. Since I am saving only did 2 10x hoping for a 2nd Lucifer but no luck so getting her 3rd skill that way would be nice

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow thats good to know. Hope I get lucky and maybe get one. Could then buy one from the event store and use the other for crystals to get close to a bunrei. Since I am saving only did 2 10x hoping for a 2nd Lucifer but no luck so getting her 3rd skill that way would be nice
If you have no interest in collecting you could definitely sell the shop one if you get unlucky with the gacha, but I'd wait until the end of the event to do it, so you can get the 30% event drop increase leading up to it. Helps a bit with the grind.

I wish you could auto the event offline though, and having the bonus characters factor in. It sucks that you need to run all of that online to be eligible for the bonus drop increase. Like, there's no reason for that other than to inconvenience the player.

Stider

Oct 25, 2017
If you have no interest in collecting you could definitely sell the shop one if you get unlucky with the gacha, but I'd wait until the end of the event to do it, so you can get the 30% event drop increase leading up to it. Helps a bit with the grind.

I wish you could auto the event offline though, and having the bonus characters factor in. It sucks that you need to run all of that online to be eligible for the bonus drop increase. Like, there's no reason for that other than to inconvenience the player.

Yeah. Keep one copy to make it easier to farm the event. You can buy 10 gacha tickets every day so you'll be able to get a copy or 2 from doing the 130 draws

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Dislyte is kind of middling so far.
Really fun and smooth visuals and music but the gameplay is just bog standard.
Managed to get Li Ling in my starter roll (Love Ne Zha so that's cool too) so I'll stick around for a couple days.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
It's Epic Seven, but with better QoL. It has background auto-grind, which if you're not going to have skip it's the second best thing. But yeah, it's pretty middling. Looks great though.

tinthoh

Jan 13, 2018
Wanted to try Dislyte but after reading that they changed the pre-registration rewards to make rerolling harder I won't bother:
Instead of getting a free multi summon, you now receive 2 singles for 5 days in a daily launch event that you can also only get to after reaching level 5, this has been done to prevent users from rerolling.
On the Discord mods are telling stories on how they want to combat account selling, but don't be fooled - account sellers with their bots will still get what they want, since they are literally using automated bots for it. This mostly just fucks over the normal playerbase
Reddit

SJUG

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
United States
Tales of Luminaria is shutting down in July.

Looking forward to Counterside, Nikke, and maybe Octopatch. Although not sure how many more gachas I can play.
Blue Archive and Arknights have become mainstays along with Feh, Granblue, and Priconne JP.
Still playing Echoes of Mana for now too, along with checking up onTouhou Lost Word lmao. Gonna have to cull some games soon tbh.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Got Neru with coins and 4 starred Karin, this event has been good to me. And it's not over yet!
It's the reverse for me, got Karin with the coins (and 4*'d here, working in 5* now) and got my Neru up to 5* (and then some, with leftover shards for when her 5*+ comes).

I'm not sure I'll do the 3x 60 pyroxene refreshes anymore though, with all of the upcoming Students. I still have a decent amount of currency, but I need to plan for the future as there's a ton of characters I want. The 3x 30 pyroxene refreshes are a given, though. And the PVP shops refreshes, of course.

*pretends to be shocked*

*not really shocked*

PachaelD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

www.resetera.com

(Mobile) Tales of Luminaria info blowout: Story details, trailer, gameplay + anime project announced

As usual, courtesy of Gematsu. Click through for way, way, waaaaaaaaaay more and to support the great work salromano does: https://www.gematsu.com/2021/09/tales-of-luminaria-first-details-answer-trailer-gameplay-and-anime-project-announced STORY + OTHER STUFF There's a similar bunch of...
Oh noes

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
It's the reverse for me, got Karin with the coins (and 4*'d here, working in 5* now) and got my Neru up to 5* (and then some, with leftover shards for when her 5*+ comes).

I'm not sure I'll do the 3x 60 pyroxene refreshes anymore though, with all of the upcoming Students. I still have a decent amount of currency, but I need to plan for the future as there's a ton of characters I want. The 3x 30 pyroxene refreshes are a given, though. And the PVP shops refreshes, of course.
Yeah I didn't go for the 60 pyros refreshes, I stop at 3x30. It's too much pyros for RNG stuff and there will be other events. I've remained stable at 26k pyros, I may choose to forgo the pyro refreshes altogether now in order to shore up some more up to 30k+.

Overall though I'm super happy with this event. It is fun as hell, the music is still great and there's tons of rewards.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I didn't go for the 60 pyros refreshes, I stop at 3x30. It's too much pyros for RNG stuff and there will be other events. I've remained stable at 26k pyros, I may choose to forgo the pyro refreshes altogether now in order to shore up some more up to 30k+.

Overall though I'm super happy with this event. It is fun as hell, the music is still great and there's tons of rewards.
Indeed, it's a great event. Honestly I didn't really care for Neru before but now I love her. This event really showcased how awesome she is, which makes me even happier that I pulled for her Bunny version.

The worst part about the event is the constant Bunny Akane teasing. You can't show me that and not have her pull-able, damn it.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
Indeed, it's a great event. Honestly I didn't really care for Neru before but now I love her. This event really showcased how awesome she is, which makes me even happier that I pulled for her Bunny version.

The worst part about the event is the constant Bunny Akane teasing. You can't show me that and not have her pull-able, damn it.
I'm 1/3 through the story still and every episode had me laughing my ass off. Neru is great, and Bunny Neru is peak angy, I love her so much.

MicH

Oct 25, 2017
I had Karin before this event and I still haven't gotten enough shards to 4* her lol. My luck with this event is complete ass

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
When Luminaria launched with no Jp voice acting for global players you already knew the management for this game was all kinds of fucked.

It honestly blows my mind in the age of 3d action gacha games the template on how to do a new Tales gacha seems so obvious and Tales would be one of the best fits for a gacha game like that.

you could easily take Tales combat simplify it a bit and have a gacha game that plays pretty close to a regular Tales game

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
you could easily take Tales combat simplify it a bit and have a gacha game that plays pretty close to a regular Tales game

They literally did that. Tales of the Rays exists. They aren't going to randomly make Tales of the Rays 2 while first one is still profitable. Unfortunately, game died in the west, which means you either play in JP or not at all.

In case anybody is interested, it's currently in the middle of Gintama collab, so if you ever wondered what gintama charas will play like in LMBS:

OP
OP
GooZ

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
When will they admit that gacha Tales games just can't work out in the west.

Hard to be interested in Bandai mobile games nowadays when they dropped so many games quickly.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I still play Tales of the Rays JP every day. Mobile Tales peaked then and they never should have killed it in the west.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
They literally did that. Tales of the Rays exists. They aren't going to randomly make Tales of the Rays 2 while first one is still profitable. Unfortunately, game died in the west, which means you either play in JP or not at all.

In case anybody is interested, it's currently in the middle of Gintama collab, so if you ever wondered what gintama charas will play like in LMBS:

Yeah which is a damn shame feel like if they had given the game more time it could have been a decent success globally, instead Bamco now finds themselves in s situation where Arise was a pretty big success but they don't even have a way to further leverage that success in the West

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
I watched a vid of Luminaria and the Star Ocean mobile game from almost 5 years ago looks ten times better.

I actually miss the SO mobile game, the collaborations were great and the battle system was fun as fuck, it was pretty low maintenance too.

Crestoria was pretty bad, too. BN should just give up on Tales gacha.

Kentsui

Oct 26, 2017
Dislyte is kind of middling so far.
Really fun and smooth visuals and music but the gameplay is just bog standard.
Managed to get Li Ling in my starter roll (Love Ne Zha so that's cool too) so I'll stick around for a couple days.

It's Epic Seven, but with better QoL. It has background auto-grind, which if you're not going to have skip it's the second best thing. But yeah, it's pretty middling. Looks great though.

Having fun with it so far, it reminds me more of Raid : SL than Epic 7 tbh, even if they both share the 'Summoner Wars' structure.
The 3D models are kind of hit and miss compared to the 2D art, that's pretty much one of my only complaints so far.
The music is very good, I genuinely stopped multiple times in the HQ to enjoy it for a bit.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017

《Artery Gear: Fusion》 available now

Super Flamboyant Mecha Girls Turn-based RPG 'Artery Gear: Fusion' invites you to the doomsday battlefield!Save the World with Mecha Girls!

artery-gear.gif

Artery Gear pre-reg is up!

Epic Seven/Echoes of Mana/Genshin Impact gear system but you can actually, gulp, replace sub stats! So if you get a piece of gear that has a substat you want, you just...take it off, and put it on the piece of gear you want! It is limited to a few times a week (unless you want to spend).

Oh, and all items drop with their substats already rolled. No need to upgrade to +20 to see if the gear is shit or not.