• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
I am super late to this and can't even follow it all clearly but at what point and or why did the girl's family get suspicious? Was she reporting the abuse to her mom?

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone draw a map of where Brian was dropped off and where the Van was parked? So my understanding is he told them to drop him off midway so he could cut across and get back to the van quicker? Just seems to far out from A to B in this picture.

This is a good video that shows his movement prior to her body being found:

youtu.be

The Search for Gabby Petito: Mapping the Sites, Sightings, Timelines, & Theories

Deducing the location of Gabby Petito based on evidence, sightings, timelines, and sites (marked by asterisks). Update1: about 12 hours after posting this vi...

OP
OP
Ulbrick

Ulbrick

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Nottingham, England
I am super late to this and can't even follow it all clearly but at what point and or why did the girl's family get suspicious? Was she reporting the abuse to her mom?

You're not really late - there's a timeline in the OP for you.

www.resetera.com

Gabby Petito missing case now ruled a homicide, remains found in Wyoming confirmed as hers [up: remains of brian laundrie found and confirmed]

Them calling it a crime scene is interesting, like what the fuck is going on in that house A search warrant is one thing, search warrant of an actual crime scene is another, unless a scene of obstruction is a thing

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
A white utility van just parked in front of the L home (WFLA stream). Wonder what that's for.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
I just learned that this is a thing, wow:

Mod Edit: Removed Link; Let's not Signal Boost Please

Last edited by a moderator:

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
RIP Gabby, it's so heartbreaking being on this journey.

Curious why they keep saying "body has indications that resemble gabby" ect. Is that just how they always handle bodies until they are properly identified by a personal witness? Just feels like I never heard it phrased that way.

Maybe they were able to match enough to confirm it was her, tattoos etc. Her stepdad was also at the park so it's possible he was able to make a visual confirmation.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Did this motherfucker really string this out only to off himself as soon as her body was found?

Oct 30, 2017
News 12 Long Island just said the Laundrie attorney is having a press conference on Long Island tomorrow.

1:00 pm tomorrow.

news12 is like subscriber based so I'll post this link where people can read.
www.foxla.com

Gabby Petito case: Laundrie family attorney cancels Tuesday press conference

The cancellation came after a conversation the Laundrie’s family attorney had with the FBI on Monday, FOX 5 NY reported.
Wow weird. They'd know if it was Brian that was dead by now, yeah? So what is this about?

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He hiked up to the showers. The people who picked him up said he told them he'd been out hiking alone for days, but he had barely anything with him and he was clean.

She said he told them he had been camping for days, not hiking (unless I missed something, but I just rewatched that video)

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
I'm actually following nearly the same route into the park next week - going from Jackson up to West Yellowstone. We won't be visiting Idaho though.
Wow that's cool. Good for you. I hope you have a nice time there though it might have an eerie feeling. Stay safe and stay in contact with your family and loved ones. I'm sure everything will be ok but this story kinda makes you think.

Nov 7, 2017
Looks like alt rigthers making fun of progressive movements. Pretty disgusting as expected.
I was listening to the 911 call and some woman commented that "but no marks on Brian, huh" and others started to call her out. Clicked to her profile, big anti-vaxxer and fox news supporter. Like yes, please give the poor guy a chance, nothing suspicious in his or his parents behavior at all.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Wow that's cool. Good for you. I hope you have a nice time there though it might have an eerie feeling. Stay safe and stay in contact with your family and loved ones. I'm sure everything will be ok but this story kinda makes you think.

I'm going with my husband and my mom and we're not camping. My mom would never go camping. LOL
It's because it's the same area that I started following the case. Now I have a better idea of where everything is - unfortunately due to tragic circumstances.

Oct 25, 2017
*obvious troll subreddit*

a whopping 244 members, and like 95% are likely trolls or people criticizing/brigading the subreddit. Pretty much every early post is living at massively negative karma. It just seems like trolling from its very inception with everybody calling everybody else incels and alt-right (unexpected angle is people saying the alt-right was anti-Brian over an interracial relationship, which just seems like deflection).

It is just trolls trolling other trolls. All three mods are definitely just linked troll accounts.

Last edited:

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Reporting now of the dead body found near the Walmart in Alabama state it was a homeless person. So far no connection.

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good thing you posted an obscure troll subreddit. People here might not have found it otherwise.
a whopping 244 members, and like 95% are likely trolls or people criticizing/brigading the subreddit. Pretty much every early post is living at massively negative karma. It just seems like trolling from its very inception with everybody calling everybody else incels and alt-right (unexpected angle is people saying the alt-right was anti-Brian over an interracial relationship, which just seems like deflection).

It is just trolls trolling other trolls. All three mods are definitely just linked troll accounts.
Could you folks please edit the quote and remove the link as well? Since it was already removed by a mod in the original post.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Is this just a regular occurrence that a homeless man was found dead by a dumpster at a Walmart? I feel like that's a thing a lot of people are glossing over, and while that's not related to this case, seems strange to not realize just how insane that is that homeless people are just sitting out and dying, or being murdered.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is this just a regular occurrence that a homeless man was found dead by a dumpster at a Walmart? I feel like that's a thing a lot of people are glossing over, and while that's not related to this case, seems strange to not realize just how insane that is that homeless people are just sitting out and dying, or being murdered.
I feel like this is a very normal thing in North America, its just not being talked about.

Oct 30, 2017
Makes you wonder how many will care to even know this dead person's name, or the circumstances that led to their death. Instead, it's rando dead dumpster person, who isn't laundrie, so who cares. We have a mystery to solve!
It's definitely sad that this is the state of the western world where there's this many homeless and people care so little.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this is a very normal thing in North America, its just not being talked about.
I live here and I hear about it happening but don't realize just how frequent it is.

Of course my city basically had a massive vote to criminalize homeless people a few months ago.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017

America does not give a fuck about the homeless - and the few cities that have tried to actually be helpful have paid the price with insane people being elected to councils to make the homeless "go away" and by "go away" just not be seen.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Weird coincidence but pretty normal all things considered. While it isn't well tracked something like 50,000 homeless people die on the streets every year, so you'd expect an average of a death or two of a homeless person per day in the couple hundred mile radius between his home and Mobile.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Is the media setting up tents on lawns, do they have to pay the neighbors to do that?

I might feel kind of awkward about profiting off my neighbor's murder investigation.

Man this is nothing, back when there were actual budgets for the press you would have had 1000s of reporters out there for no really good reason just screaming at everyone.

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
Makes you wonder how many will care to even know this dead person's name, or the circumstances that led to their death. Instead, it's rando dead dumpster person, who isn't laundrie, so who cares. We have a mystery to solve!

Completely different scenario here, but first thing that came to my mind was this scene from The Two Towers when Faramir is talking about one of the dead soldiers they killed. 55 second mark:

I'm gonna have to leave it for tonight but, if the post isn't locked by the time I wake up I'll update the OP :).

Hopefully it doesn't get locked this time, but thanks again for keeping it updated!

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
ugh seeing this is such a gut punch to me. Brian Laundrie's sister shared postcards that Gabby has been sending to her kids while the couple has been away.

I tried but can't seem to post the individual postcard images. "Love Aunt Gabby" :'(

www.abc4.com

‘Love, Aunt Gabby’: Brian Laundrie’s sister shares images of postcards sent by Petito

Cassie Laundrie, the sister of Brian Laundrie, says her children loved Gabby Petito. She shared images of some of the postcards Petito sent ‘the boys.’
Petito-post-cards.jpg

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
ugh seeing this is such a gut punch to me. Brian Laundrie's sister shared postcards that Gabby has been sending to her kids while the couple has been away.

I tried but can't seem to post the individual postcard images. "Love Aunt Gabby" :'(

www.abc4.com

‘Love, Aunt Gabby’: Brian Laundrie’s sister shares images of postcards sent by Petito

Cassie Laundrie, the sister of Brian Laundrie, says her children loved Gabby Petito. She shared images of some of the postcards Petito sent ‘the boys.’
Petito-post-cards.jpg

This is so heartbreaking.