Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's a lot of non-native/white people in those areas. One wouldn't necessarily stand out. The toughest part I would imagine would have been crossing the border without anyone knowing.
It'd be VERY easy to spot someone that looks like him. Trust me, I live in South America. Americans and Canadians definitely stand out compared to white people here.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
That depends. The case was featured by some of our major press. If people check these often, they could totally know who he is.

Its one thing to know about the case (especially one as sensationalistic as this one is) it's another thing to be able to spot and recognize someone in every day life. I just got back from the grocery store if Brian Laundree were in there I honestly can't say I would have noticed. Hell if Brian Laundree were the cashier I'm not 100% certain I would have noticed. Lots of fugitives hide in plain site in their own state/country for this very reason, let alone a foreign country.

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Its one thing to know about the case (especially one as sensationalistic as this one is) it's another thing to be able to spot and recognize someone in every day life. I just got back from the grocery store if Brian Laundree were in there I honestly can't say I would have noticed. Hell if Brian Laundree were the cashier I'm not 100% certain I would have noticed. Lots of fugitives hide in plain site in their own state/country for this very reason, let alone a foreign country.
Maybe you wouldn't, but there are people who pay more attention than you do. Not everyone is the same!

Anyway, I don't think it really matters because I don't think he left the US. I hope they find him.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Yeah and it doesn't help that he's the most generic looking guy ever , like I've genuinely bumped into so many people that look similar that id not be able to tell apart

Zaiven

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 12, 2019
I'd say, as far as the court of public opinion goes, strangulation as the cause of death basically removes all reasonable doubt that he did it.

The only real alternative now is that someone else snuck up and did it instead, but it's going to be hard to get anyone to believe that.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know why people keep talking about how easy it would be to recognize him in a foreign country just by looking at him. His defining feature is that he shaves his head. The guy could buy a cheap wig and voilà. Especially right now with face masks, not being physically recognized would be by far the easiest aspect of escaping to another country. If he's resourceful enough to not only make it to another country but manage to stay and survive without papers, surely he's smart enough to alter his appearance.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Maybe you wouldn't, but there are people who pay more attention than you do. Not everyone is the same!

Anyway, I don't think it really matters because I don't think he left the US. I hope they find him.
I'm not so sure tbh. Maybe some would notice but it is INCREDIBLY common for people to just not really pay attention to other people day to day.

nilbog

Movie Aficionado
Oct 25, 2017
Police say they have received more than a dozen calls from people who claim to have seen Brian Laundrie in the same area, as the search for the 23-year-old enters its fourth week.

Zaiven

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 12, 2019
Is it really possible that this many people have seen him, but the authorities have not? I have to assume these are nearly all false alarms.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Is it really possible that this many people have seen him, but the authorities have not? I have to assume these are nearly all false alarms.
its not like there is unlimited number of cops they just have out looking for him?

throughout this thread though people are giving cops and even the FBI way too much credit. Yes the FBI is better trained and has more resources than your local PD, but they're not wizards. As i said earlier in the thread with the several day head start he got, the most likely ways he's going to be found is either some sort of routine traffic stop or if multiple eye witnesses call and say they've seen him.
Typically unless they are directly on the persons trail after the crime, that is how most of these criminals are caught.

Oct 25, 2017
that one still makes me heated. they literally found out she googled how to kill someone or dispose of a body but it was AFTER her acquittal. She got away with murder.
She fucking wrote a JOURNAL ENTRY about how she "hopes she made the right choice" days after killing her child. I think I blocked out the verdict of that case from my brain as a teen, because my jaw dropped when I looked it up recently only to learn she's walking the streets fine and free. Just what the fuck.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
IDK man, the way this fucking attorney spouts off makes me think he knows Brian Laundrie is 100% alive.

I don' t see anything odd about that statement, but the tweet from Fox referencing it seems really bad. It claims the statement is the first time Brian's parents have confirmed he used Gabby's card. The statement doesn't say anything of the sort. It only concedes he has been charged with that crime

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
that one still makes me heated. they literally found out she googled how to kill someone or dispose of a body but it was AFTER her acquittal. She got away with murder.

It was "foolproof suffocation", but she used firefox instead of IE so how could you expect the police to find it?! It's especially absurd when the prosecution hinged so much of their case on other google searches

Zaiven

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 12, 2019
its not like there is unlimited number of cops they just have out looking for him?

throughout this thread though people are giving cops and even the FBI way too much credit. Yes the FBI is better trained and has more resources than your local PD, but they're not wizards. As i said earlier in the thread with the several day head start he got, the most likely ways he's going to be found is either some sort of routine traffic stop or if multiple eye witnesses call and say they've seen him.
Typically unless they are directly on the persons trail after the crime, that is how most of these criminals are caught.
True, but there are always lots of "tips" that get sent in that don't amount to anything.

Oh boy, I hope no one ever searches my Google history....

rickyson33

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Im not even convinced that most people would call the police even if Brian walked up to them and said "My name is Brian Laundrie"

I could totally see myself hearing that and not even making the connection to this case till later on

like getting in an argument and thinking of the perfect response hours later

wollywinka

Feb 15, 2018
I don't know why people keep talking about how easy it would be to recognize him in a foreign country just by looking at him. His defining feature is that he shaves his head. The guy could buy a cheap wig and voilà. Especially right now with face masks, not being physically recognized would be by far the easiest aspect of escaping to another country. If he's resourceful enough to not only make it to another country but manage to stay and survive without papers, surely he's smart enough to alter his appearance.
His eyes are his defining feature, and that nose. I would spot him anywhere, I think. He has a distinctive face.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Sorry about off topic, but I wasn't sure if I should make a thread for something like this. Found out the neighbor of my wife's good friend was brutally murdered. This is in a pretty wealthy neighborhood, but not ours. (Kids play together)

I don't know if this is national news yet, but it's pretty messed up. Person did it right after daughter left for school. Neighbor across the road says they have ring footage they turned over. Person may have just been let in.

Wife's friend was there with police afterward (since she's her neighbor), and her husband is a lawyer who they've talked with on site.

Apparently, according to friend and neighbors the murder victim had her engagement ring embedded in her head. She was stabbed multiple times and there was a bed of rose petals placed around her. The ex-husband is in Italy (so not currently a suspect).

We were supposed to go to wife's friend next door in a week 👀. Not sure if I want the wife, myself, or kids to go near there.

Mods if not appropriate feel free to delete, but I'm a bit freaked out by how close this is to home.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry about off topic, but I wasn't sure if I should make a thread for something like this. Found out the neighbor of my wife's good friend was brutally murdered. This is in a pretty wealthy neighborhood, but not ours. (Kids play together)

I don't know if this is national news yet, but it's pretty messed up. Person did it right after daughter left for school. Neighbor across the road says they have ring footage they turned over. Person may have just been let in.

Wife's friend was there with police afterward (since she's her neighbor), and her husband is a lawyer who they've talked with on site.

Apparently, according to friend and neighbors the murder victim had her engagement ring embedded in her head. She was stabbed multiple times and there was a bed of rose petals placed around her. The ex-husband is in Italy (so not currently a suspect).

We were supposed to go to wife's friend next door in a week 👀. Not sure if I want the wife, myself, or kids to go near there.

Mods if not appropriate feel free to delete, but I'm a bit freaked out by how close this is to home.
Not quite on topic but it's always shocking when it's that close. Awhile back I️ heard that a college classmate of mine murdered his wife. Shit messed me up for awhile cuz I️ knew both of them