• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
People in the chat are saying that news source is not credible so we'll see.

Sorry for getting hopes up, just reporting what is said on this Youtuber Joseph Morris' stream.

They have a blurry picture of the guy and many are saying it doesn't look like him but you can't tell it's such shitty quality.

MonoStable

Oct 27, 2017
New Bern, North Carolina.

Said he jumped into bushes when seen, wearing red clothes and red hat.

Could all be bullshit but they traced the car.

It was his grandfather's white Hyundai Sonata.

Now they're talking about Dog again, don't believe anything until it happens.

You saw this reported on TV or are you repeating something you read online?

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
jfc what a total freakin circus this has become. FBI must be going nuts trying to do their job with all this other bullshit going on.

Oct 25, 2017
You saw this reported on TV or are you repeating something you read online?
It just some livestream of this guy following radio and Dog, etc…

There is audio and video of this guy from Sky News saying they think they have found him, traced the car, police are there, etc…

I wouldn't have mentioned it if they didn't say the car thing.

I'm starting to think I've been had and will stop posting.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Skyline news appears to be a facebook-based news group. They show a picture of some blurry guy in a red shirt they say ran away from them. Someone gave them the license off the grandfathers car but they don't actually say the car has anything to do with blurry dude. Just that someone sent them the tag and it came back registered to a thomas laundrie in nc

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
The press conference is over, isn't it?

E: found the VOD. No updates on the case, but good perspective from the family, who they want to thank, and what they want to do moving forward

youtu.be

Gabby Petito’s family holds news conference | full video

The family of Gabby Petito spoke to reporters on Tuesday as authorities continued their search for her fiancé, Brian Laundrie, a person of interest in her di...

E2: Joseph Petito is a stand-up guy. Repeatedly stated that every missing person deserves this level of awareness
I caught this on Twitter earlier today and it's sad his statement didn't get more attention in here

"I want to ask everyone to help all the people that are missing and need help. It's on all of you, everyone that's in this room to do that. And if you don't do that for other people that are missing, that's a shame, because it's not just Gabby that deserves it."

Respect

Gassy_N0va

Oct 27, 2017
I really feel for Gabby and the Petito family because of how much of a circus this has turned into. If there's one positive way to spin it, hopefully the constant news means we find Brian sooner rather than later.

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
People in the chat are saying that news source is not credible so we'll see.

Sorry for getting hopes up, just reporting what is said on this Youtuber Joseph Morris' stream.

They have a blurry picture of the guy and many are saying it doesn't look like him but you can't tell it's such shitty quality.

Looked on twitter to find the picture. blurry as all hell but looks like there is a partial arm sleeve tattoo on the right arm. If so, definitely not him.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I caught this on Twitter earlier today and it's sad his statement didn't get more attention in here

"I want to ask everyone to help all the people that are missing and need help. It's on all of you, everyone that's in this room to do that. And if you don't do that for other people that are missing, that's a shame, because it's not just Gabby that deserves it."

Respect
Quoted for truth

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, I can't help but laugh at the mental image of "Brian jumped out of the car and hid in the bushes".

Like sharing this random unsourced stuff is silly to begin with, but... that'd really be the master plan in this situation, diving into some bushes and hoping nobody noticed so he can skitter away to the next bush when people look away?

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany

Respect
Having just lost their daughter but thinking of other people as well. Absolute respect for that.
I don't think anyone could fault them for not really thinking of others at the moment but the fact that they do and send out a message like this really is a class act.

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
Having just lost their daughter but thinking of other people as well. Absolute respect for that.
I don't think anyone could fault them for not really thinking of others at the moment but the fact that they do and send out a message like this really is a class act.
Well I also think they're aware of how people are reacting on social media with the "missing white girl syndrome" comments or whatever. But they still could have just said nothing of the sort, you're right.

I forgot to point out that on top of his comments, the family is starting a foundation to help parents find missing children which I also don't see mentioned after a quick search and might have been missed by folks checking up on things via this thread.

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't the FBI be watching all of Brian's family members...I mean if he is with his Grandfather it would be such an easy thing to find out weeks ago?
I guess my that's what happens in movies not real life?

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Stepping in right here. Let's not do this betting stuff, OK? This is an ongoing murder investigation and making light of it is not cool. See that big purple box above the reply box? Listen to it.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
This whole Dog the Bounty Hunter thing is just gross to me. Trying to capitalize on this missing persons' case.

EDIT: Oh, and he's shopping it for a TV show. Yeah, what an asshole.

Oct 30, 2017
Sorry, this person is saying it 's in "western NC"? When I search this in Google Maps, I'm taken here (Google Maps link), which is in eastern NC?
Yeah it makes no sense then. New Bern is near the coast and I have never heard of a Newburn in the mountains and I lived there for a few years.

It's also too on the nose that the outdoorsy guy wanted for murder would be hiding in the mountains. I dunno sounds like a false lead.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Imagine for a second that you are out in the swamp hiding, running for your life, maybe starving to death, and then Dog the Goddamn Bountyhunter walks out of the woods to capture you. There's no way that I wouldn't believe I was hallucinating. It would break my mind.

He's a Zoomer. He probably doesn't know who Dog is.

Oct 25, 2017
So what happened to Dog being mere hours away from catching Brian?

This dude is taking people on a goose chase. I'm sorry. I doubt he knows anything more than the FBI. I hate that people are signal boosting him.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
So what happened to Dog being mere hours away from catching Brian?

This dude is taking people on a goose chase. I'm sorry. I doubt he knows anything more than the FBI. I hate that people are signal boosting him.

Yeah it's such a circus, all Dog found was a freaking Monster energy can, "which may have belonged to Brian".

So dumb.

boxter432

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017

ThisIsDog.jpg