DinkyDev

The Movie Critic
Feb 5, 2021

View: https://youtu.be/FVswuip0-co
Anya Taylor-Joy and Chris Hemsworth star in Academy Award-winning mastermind George Miller's "Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga," the much-anticipated return to the iconic dystopian world he created more than 30 years ago with the seminal "Mad Max" films. Miller now turns the page again with an all-new original, standalone action adventure that will reveal the origins of the powerhouse character from the multiple Oscar-winning global smash "Mad Max: Fury Road." The new feature from Warner Bros. Pictures and Village Roadshow Pictures is produced by Miller and his longtime partner, Oscar-nominated producer Doug Mitchell ("Mad Max: Fury Road," "Babe"), under their Australian-based Kennedy Miller Mitchell banner.
As the world fell, young Furiosa is snatched from the Green Place of Many Mothers and falls into the hands of a great Biker Horde led by the Warlord Dementus. Sweeping through the Wasteland, they come across the Citadel presided over by The Immortan Joe. While the two Tyrants war for dominance, Furiosa must survive many trials as she puts together the means to find her way home.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
I don't understand why she has an American accent. These trailers just aren't doing it for me like Fury Road's did. Might be due to the fact that I know she's going to end up working for Joe.

buttzilla

Sep 9, 2020
A lot of greenery, that's cool to see.

What's not cool to see is more CGI. I am hoping beyond hope that a lot of what appears CG is practical but just looks 'fake' (Terry Gilliam has a funny anecdote about that in The Brothers Grimm, a test audience member was raving about the film but complained the frog looked fake, to which Terry said "no that frog is 100% real"), but then stunts shown later in the trailer one can definitely tell those are more practical.

Not that "cg vs practical" gives a movie any quality or merit or detractions! Just observations. Still wicked excited to see George Miller knock this out of the park

WinFonda

Oct 27, 2017
USA
it feels like it's shot in 16k super resolution or something

like it's clean and crisp as all hell, i think it's lagging my pc lol

Vectorman

Oct 25, 2017
Riding the Chillwavves
Just goes to show how special (and kinda crazy) Fury Road was with the rough circumstances that the crew were given during production. I can't blame Miller if they had to use a bit more CGI this time around to avoid the headaches that they had last time.

Davidion

Charitable King
Oct 27, 2017
I'll take 12 thanks

One of the more latent things about the first trailer was that Hemsworth's character didn't seem super menacing; I think it's right they're playing it up a little more here.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Not slating it but the a lot of the vehicle stuff in the trailer looks wholly CG, rather than the practical effects augmented by CG look of the first film.

It's not like it's a cheap film either as it's cost significantly more than the first film. Wonder whether the stress and problems of practical filming pushed them more towards CG. Obviously I'm basing this on a two minute trailer so could be 100% wrong on all of this!

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't Fury Road's trailers also terrible? I remember that between that and countless stories of how much of a nightmare the shoot was that it wasn't until reviews dropped and people saw it that anyone realized it was any good.

Not saying that will happen again necessarily, but still waiting and seeing on this one.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
Still hate this dramatic cover trend in trailer music, should just go back to using "Bishop's Countdown" or "Vampire Hunters".

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
A chariot pulled by riderless Harleys is pretty damn funny. That said looks alright. Hard to really gauge what this will actually be like but I felt the same for Fury Road and that knocked it out the park so I'll be there either way.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
I think it's the CG that's throwing people off, especially considering how practical Fury Road was

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Clearly Miller didn't want to endure another shoot like Fury Road and opted for an easy production with significantly more CG. You can't really blame him, Fury Road was hell to make, but it's disappointing for sure.

Aiqops

Aug 3, 2021
It is obviously more obvious cg, but I think it still looks pretty damn cool. I don't expect it to have a bigger impact on me than Fury Road and that's okay.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I'll take this looking a bit more artificial so that it can actually release this century and not result in insane injuries/risk of death for the stunt performers.

Folks clearly don't know how rough Fury Road's production was.

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
Hemsworth is fucking going for it. Lmao, could be an all time wacky performance from him

Lemony1984

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 7, 2020
Clearly Miller didn't want to endure another shoot like Fury Road and opted for an easy production with significantly more CG. You can't really blame him, Fury Road was hell to make, but it's disappointing for sure.

Yeah I totally get that, and maybe it'll look better in the cinema, in context ,rather than what we see in the trailer but I am concerned.

Probably fairer for the movie to be going in with lowered expectations cos there's literally no way they could top Fury Road.

qssm

Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully it will deliver. These trailers look like everything was filmed in front of green screen and I'm not feeling it at all.

Scarface

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Im a big Anya stan so I am really looking forward to this. I havent seen Fury Road in a long time but I really liked it.

Im stoked for this one!

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Wasn't Fury Road's trailers also terrible? I remember that between that and countless stories of how much of a nightmare the shoot was that it wasn't until reviews dropped and people saw it that anyone realized it was any good.

Not saying that will happen again necessarily, but still waiting and seeing on this one.

No, Fury Road had some of the best trailers in recent memory.