• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
That's a dutch drive through safari park about 2 hours south of Amsterdam. They have huge music festivals across the street from it.

I always thought there would be some dumb ass drugged out at a festival breaking into the park and getting fucked up by the animals.

Never imagined it would be a family with their infant getting out of their car. Maybe that couple was coming from a festival.

Deleted member 8674

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh my god this could have turned real ugly real fast. I just don't understand especially that woman with the kid.. Just unbelievable.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
They're cheetahs. They're even more skittish than your average house cat. Really dumb thing to do on a safari but they weren't in any real danger. I've seen baboons scare cheetahs off.

Oct 26, 2017
How about opening a window and shouting at them to get the fuck back in the car? Nope, let's shoot a video and laugh at their possible mauling, it's gonna go viral.

95% sure you're not supposed to shout either, but still.

OP
OP
kickz

kickz

Nov 3, 2017
How about opening a window and shouting at them to get the fuck back in the car? Nope, let's shoot a video and laugh at their possible mauling, it's gonna go viral.

95% sure you're not supposed to shout either, but still.

Yeah I am thinking they didnt want to alert any animals in the area, plus the Cheetahs looked like they were napping

Grigorig

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah there was that dipshit in India recently who was killed trying to take a selfie with a wild bear. Darwin awards 101. Luckily noone was hurt (this time..)

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Like, I get that you'd be an idiot and walk out there and then I saw the kid...

I genuinely let out a big "WHAT THE FUCK" when I saw that. At that point you're not just stupid because you're doing something dangerous and purpose but it's that you're so dumb that you don't understand that wild animals could be dangerous.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
This mom was taking out stuff from the trunk like she was ready to have a picnic with the big cats. The sheer stupidity.
I'm proud of that mother. She didn't run when that mindless beast charged at her, just walked away with firm steps, making movements to show that she wasn't going to take its bullshit. A great exemple of motherhood.
Mindless haha, what a stupid contrarian post this is. If she and the kid died, I highly doubt you'd be praising her motherhood.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Right but I am sure its not just Cheetahs in the area
Cheetahs look way too relaxed for any other big predator to be roaming around. But I do agree, what they did was still dumb.

This mom was taking out stuff from the trunk like she was ready to have a picnic with the big cats. The sheer stupidity.

Mindless haha, what a stupid contrarian post this is. If she and the kid died, I highly doubt you'd be praising her motherhood.

Turning her back and running would be the second dumbest thing she did that day. Cheetah might conflate that with play and jump on her back.

Alx

Oct 27, 2017
Stupid and dangerous behaviour. But the people recording are almost as irresponsible : why would they film that, laughing at them, instead of telling them off or calling the authorities ?

Prophaniti

Oct 28, 2017
The husband left them out there. Wow dude. The only thing that outweighs his stupidity is his cowardice. I don't want to be mauled by cheetahs either but I'm not sacrificing my kid.
I'm proud of that mother. She didn't run when that mindless beast charged at her, just walked away with firm steps, making movements to show that she wasn't going to take its bullshit. A great exemple of motherhood.
The fuck? You watched that and felt pride? You think the cats are the mindless ones here!? That's not a great example of anything but stupid. Jesus Christ.

rockinreelin

Oct 27, 2017
FYI a lot of these wild animal parks sedate the fuck out of their big predator animals with tranquilizers, that's why you see them all chilin' out like that. It's the same shit they use on those wild cats people pose with for pics while in vacation in some random south east Asian country all the time.

TarNaru33

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm in awe at how they just briskly walk back to the car at the end. And that one lady has a baby. :/

This is beyond dumb.

If they turned their backs and ran, they most certainly would have got mauled. That lady carrying the child almost got mauled for sure, she turned back around just before it leapt on her, and if it did that I am not sure it would have let go.

Stupid and dangerous behaviour. But the people recording are almost as irresponsible : why would they film that, laughing at them, instead of telling them off or calling the authorities ?

I see nothing wrong with what they did. I would film too if someone is being stupid, though I am not sure I would be laughing. "telling them off"? You do realize that, that could have startled the animals, right?

Only thing I think could have been done as a last resort to help those people quickly would be honking the horn and driving the car up to the animal aggressively if they actually attacked.

Deleted member 8674

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

But it's a great story for Snapchat if nothing goes wrong. I'm not taking the risk of closing a great video.. Keep filming.

Man the fucking social media age.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
Oh hey, this is the Safari park that's a 10 minute drive from my home. I go there regularly, it's great!

bane833

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
User warned: do not use the word "retard" as pejorative
They were lucky that these were just Cheetahs. Any other big cats and these retards would´ve got their shit pushed in.

Goodlifr

Nov 6, 2017
Idiot people, can't even begin to imagine what was going through their heads.

But, as a couple have said above, that mother was fucking badass in the end (despite her stupidity)
Picks up the kid and stands up to the animals in a kind of "this is my kid, you can fuck right off" way.

joecanada

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
I've seen idiots stopping to get out and take pictures of black bears and grizzly bears at Yellowstone. Hey guys, let's all crowd around in front of nature's perfect killing machine. That sounds like a good time.
Even in front of elk and moose too. Hell YouTube deer attacks on people . Basically any wild animal will f you up and if you're somehow not aware of this you should do some research before leading your family out of the house

X1 Two

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If you want a darwin award, be my guest. But don't take your child down with you, morons. The fuck is wrong with people these days?

Bluelote

Oct 27, 2017
that's amazing, don't they have rules and explain to people not to leave their cars in these places?

X1 Two

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
His entire reaction from start to finish is summarized well in one gif:
clapping-ha-ha-wtf-shocked-laughing-13538573029.gif

(also he was German)
That's neither French nor German, that's someone from the Netherlands.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
I can't fathom how stupid someone must be to do this. Like, did they grow up under a rock where they have no outside knowledge of anything? You don't have to be a smart to know how dumb this is. Plus to have a fucking kid in your arms too?

Also if they did get mauled the animals would have been put down because of their stupidity.
Plus I'm certain safari places go out of their way to write "Stay in your car" in every language possible on as many signs as possible. I honestly see this as willfull ignorance. They knew how dangerous those things were and chose to believe for whatever reason that they'd be exempted from being prey.

Riderz1337

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User warned: do not use the word "retarded" as pejorative
What the absolute fuck. Those animals can reach then in milliseconds and they bring out their kid??!! Bro this is the craziest shit I've ever seen how retarded do you have to be

Riderz1337

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe because it's fucking common sense not to get the fuck out of your car in a Safari. And they might have alerted/scared the animals if they yelled at them to go in their car.

Alx

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe because it's fucking common sense not to get the fuck out of your car in a Safari. And they might have alerted/scared the animals if they yelled at them to go in their car.

"but they're 20m away, there's nothing we can do !"
It's not like they couldn't take their own car closer to theirs and just talk in a normal voice. It's exactly what I'm criticizing, the lack of initiative to take action, and general passivity.
And even if they couldn't think of that, or believed it wouldn't work/be counter-productive, a simple emergency call would quickly direct them to the park authorities and have employees arrive fast enough to protect those people from themselves (and probably kick them out).

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy fucking shit, the first part where they are out of their car with the kids out, casually taking pictures of cheetahs chilling is bad enough. And then dumbass irresponsible idiots are literally out there, kids in arm, surrounded by visibly aggressive cheetahs.

Miracle they didn't get mauled. Fucking dummies, wow.

X1 Two

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's not like they couldn't take their own car closer to theirs and just talk in a normal voice. It's exactly what I'm criticizing, the lack of initiative to take action, and general passivity.
And even if they couldn't think of that, or believed it wouldn't work/be counter-productive, a simple emergency call would quickly direct them to the park authorities and have employees arrive fast enough to protect those people from themselves (and probably kick them out).
Then again, if you are that stupid to begin with, would you listen to someone telling you to get back in your car? After having driven past a dozen signs saying to not get out of your car? After having listened to a ranger telling you to stay in your car at all times?

Riderz1337

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do you really believe they would have listened? I saw this on reddit and apparently someone who works/worked there said that the employees make sure to inform the people going in not to get out of their cars. There are a shit ton of signs everywhere around the safari as well saying not to get out. These people are nut jobs

Alx

Oct 27, 2017
That's why I also mentioned calling the authorities. Just telling them is only the most polite way to try and solve the issue, but getting "rangers" to come on site is actually the most efficient (and safe, especially from the moment animals get closer). I doubt that if you call the park to tell them people are walking around unprotected, they would answer "but we put signs at the entrance, that's not our problem any more".

Deleted member 19003

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Holy god, these people need the EU equivalent of child services called on them, stat. I cannot believe that happened. Such stupidity, they're going to hurt the kid eventually.