• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
I'm excited but I hate waiting for this stuff. The games don't even show up in the Resident Evil section on PSN

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
I might try and play all three on different Systems.
RE2 on ps5
RE3 on SX
RE7 on PC
Really want to see a DF comparison before I start downloading all these games.
Don't see an update on Xbox yet, but RE2 moved up to the Optimized for X|S section. RE8 has a badge but hasn't moved from Xbox One X enhanced games.
Wasn't that already series enhanced?

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
If you have them already installed on an external on Xbox looks like you just have to move your installs to the SSD. Nice.

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
Does high frame rate mean 120FPS?

Also, no mention of gyro aim which is a huge bummer. Please add it :(

Sangral

Powered by Friendship™
Feb 17, 2022
Ray Tracing, 4K, 60fps. A lot of big phrases, usually you won't get that all at once so I'm interested in seeing how the reality looks like with these patches here.

What's the negatives for using RT as example.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Does high frame rate mean 120FPS?

Also, no mention of gyro aim which is a huge bummer. Please add it :(

Very likely. I think all of the new ways to play will target 60fps at least but the high frame rate will be a 120fps target. Should be pretty doable, my mid-range gaming laptop from the year RE2R came out (2019) could run very reliably in the 90-120 range at high-ish settings (granted it was limited to 1080p resolution too). I think these consoles are better than that laptop.

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
Can't even find RE2 or RE3 on the store. Guess they removed the old versions too while they update the PS Store.

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
maybe, hopefully the enemies don't animate at half refresh rate in full view anymore

scarybore

Oct 27, 2017
If they have added a 120hz mode, I hope they didn't change how the knife works in RE2. It trivialises bosses, but it's fun.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
not on console. They were a bit above 1440p with fps drops iirc (RE3 moreso than 2)
RE3 was native 4K on the One X from what I remember, but the framerate was dropping a lot, especially in cutscenes so they downed the resolution. It looked pretty nice, will be good to see it back to 4K again.

Bucca

Oct 25, 2017
RE2R is up for me, just did the claim for ps5 digital from disc

Looks like you'll have to reclaim the dlc for the ps5 version, all showing free for the ones I own