Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
So just to be clear: If I buy the Ultimate Edition, will I get everything with it that I would have had I bought it prior to the de-listing announcement? It's the exact same package as it was yesterday, correct? And from what I can gather, there's a bunch of DLC no longer for sale that wasn't included with the Ultimate Edition?
Yes, just bought and got 50 DLCs including the 2 expansions

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
forza.net

Changes in Forza Horizon 4’s Festival Playlist and Delisting from Digital Stores. | Forza

Official site for Forza Motorsport and Forza Horizon games

If you played Forza Horizon 4 through Xbox Game Pass and purchased DLC content for it, worry not: by having an active, full-paid (not discounted) Xbox Game Pass subscription on 6/25 you will be eligible to receive a game token if you have purchased any extra content for Forza Horizon 4 through your Xbox Message Center. Codes will start to be delivered in the following days, please bear in mind that it might take a while before you get your token.

I'm glad I didn't wait on renewing my GamePass last week.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Wait so this also means it wont be available on GP Xbox and PC either???
Yes it won't. Delisting is delisting. It's no longer available for purchase including through a subscription. You need to buy the game to keep it afterwards. This is how every delist works.

zyvorg

Oct 25, 2017
Yes it won't. Delisting is delisting. It's no longer available for purchase including through a subscription. You need to buy the game to keep it afterwards. This is how every delist works.

Thanks, ok gonna grab it for PC then, used to get these on Xbox but given their new direction god knows if I will be able to play this in on a Xbox console many years from now.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Thanks, ok gonna grab it for PC then, used to get these on Xbox but given their new direction god knows if I will be able to play this in on a Xbox console many years from now.
Fh4 is play anywhere so if you buy it on Xbox/MS Store you also get the pc version and save/progress etc. steam will be a full reset just fyi

Y2K

Apr 28, 2022
Does anyone know if I quickly buy a month of GP will I get the token?

You had to buy it before the 25th according to the wording. It's also not really worth it even if it did work. As it should be on sale for nearly what you're going to pay for a month of game pass come July.

Oct 27, 2017
I own the Xbox Ultimate Edition and adore it. If I buy the Steam version, if I buy a Steam Deck in a couple years (or anytime after 12/15/24), will I still be able to download and install the game? I'm mostly a console player and don't have a lot of experience with games I own getting de-listed.

BroVader

Apr 6, 2024
Mallorca
Just bought the steam ultimate edition although I already had the standard version on Xbox store. I'm only missing horizon 2, my favorite (love the mediterranean scenery), which at the moment can only be purchased second hand and forces me to purchase a Series X to play it. Wonderful.

I fucking hate games being delisted by some bullshit license issues.

cvbas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
FH4 is a lot better than 5. Played it on Game Pass when it came out but will probably grab it on Steam before it gets delisted.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
I hope in the future Playground understands that while cars and music may have to go, maps *can stay*.

90% or more of the cars included in FH4 are in FH5, just find a way to include Edinburgh in FH5 and we're set.

chronomac

Oct 25, 2017
Mobile, AL

Y2K

Apr 28, 2022
I own the Xbox Ultimate Edition and adore it. If I buy the Steam version, if I buy a Steam Deck in a couple years (or anytime after 12/15/24), will I still be able to download and install the game? I'm mostly a console player and don't have a lot of experience with games I own getting de-listed.

Yes you will be able to re download it

Oct 25, 2019
Racing games with real cars are cursed games. It's really cool seeing those cars in game but it's sad knowing they all have a shelf life of a few years.

Forza horizon 4 is fun so enjoy it/buy it while it's still possible!

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
The Xbox Message Center codes can be received on PC right? Still considering grabbing on Steam anyway.

brain_stew

Oct 30, 2017
I own the Xbox version and some of the DLC but would like it on Steam. How does it run on Steam Deck?

Connope

Mar 6, 2022
I bought the Ultimate Add On pack a while back and have a Game Pass Ultimate subscription. Granted, I redeemed a bunch of months with Rewards...hopefully that doesn't stop it.
Yeah I'm worried about what exactly they mean by "full-price (not discounted)". Wish there was a simple page where it would say whether you're eligible rather than waiting for the vague "following days".

Babu93

Feb 9, 2021
I really hope they can eventually bring older delisted titles back somehow. I think a remastered collection of older Forza Horizon titles - even with reduced / altered car and music choices, would be great.

BSherrod

Oct 27, 2017
After not getting the car pass for FH3, I make sure to get racing games I like when they go on sale cheap. Pick this game up folks, it's good.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
Only if you had purchased the DLC prior. The promotion is for people who bought DLC but didn't buy the base game due to having it through game pass.
You had to buy it before the 25th according to the wording. It's also not really worth it even if it did work. As it should be on sale for nearly what you're going to pay for a month of game pass come July.
I already got the dlc and bought it a while ago.
Is that even any cheaper than buying the game? Or is it not on 80% sale on Xbox?
It's a bit cheaper, but I also get a month of GP.

russbus64

May 1, 2018
Just bought the steam ultimate edition although I already had the standard version on Xbox store. I'm only missing horizon 2, my favorite (love the mediterranean scenery), which at the moment can only be purchased second hand and forces me to purchase a Series X to play it. Wonderful.

I fucking hate games being delisted by some bullshit license issues.
Maybe I'm misreading, but Forza Horizon 2 was only available on Xbox One/Series (main version) and 360 (FH1 based version). There is no PC version at all. FH3 was only through Xbox storefront and didn't have a Steam release.

I do agree and hate delisting though. I wish I could buy the Rally Expansion for the first game. I had to use maps made by others to find boards in the first three games.

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
I played like 50 hours of 5 so I guess I'll try this out. Biggest gripe with the series is that the racing doesn't feel that challenging, but the maps are fantastic and a joy to tool around on.

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Someone had 53 DLCs so I wonder what's different.

I have 54. A couple things weren't part of the Ultimate pack even back then, and have since been removed.

screenshot-forza4.png

Flavius

Oct 28, 2017
Orlando, FL
It's still the best of the bunch IMHO, and the remaster is absolutely gorgeous. Put exponentially more hours into it than any other. If you're on the fence and never tried it previously, go pick it up.

PJTierney

Social Media Manager • EA SPORTS WRC
Verified
Mar 28, 2021
Warwick, UK
If I hadn't flubbed an interview in 2018 I could have been that game's Community Manager when the game came out.

It did eventually lead me to my current job though, so all worked out.

I also did some livery design work for Xbox Germany, to promote the game in the region: https://pjtierney.net/xbox-liveries

Didn't enjoy it as much as Forza Horizon 3 or Forza Horizon 5, but it was a good game for sure.