The Living Tribunal

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metacritic: 92%
mustplay222.png

Opencritic: 92%
mighty-man.png

Gamingtrend - 10/10
Forza Horizon 4 is one of the best games I've ever played. Incredible driving mechanics, cutting-edge seasonal changes in a shared-world, and addictive RPG mechanics make exploring Great Britain an absolute blast.
Twinfinite - 10/10
It's hard to imagine an arcade racer this generation playing and looking much better than Forza Horizon 4. Unless you don't like racing games, or only appreciate hyper-realism, there's no other reason that Xbox One and Windows owners should pass this game up. It's by far the best Xbox One exclusive for 2018, and among the best games this year, period.
Gamespew - 10/10
It is, without a doubt, the best racing game available right now. In fact, it might be the best racing game of all time. If you own an Xbox One, you need Forza Horizon 4. It's as simple as that.
Heavy - 9.8/10
Forza Horizon 4 is an exhilarating tour through the beautiful countryside of Great Britain. Racing game fans and non-fans alike need to give this amazing sequel a go.
Xbox Tavern - 9.8
Forza Horizon 4 is the most stunning, deepest and most engaging Forza Horizon game to date. The sheer volume of utterly diverse and wildly interesting content pushes the game's longevity through the roof. There's no shortage of activities to take to, set across a sprawling, vividly detailed representation of Britain. Safe to say that if you enjoy the series, you're going to love this.
IGN - 9.6/10
I'll always have a massive soft spot for the down under delights of Forza Horizon 3, but open-world racing has never looked as good as it does in Forza Horizon 4. It combines a beautiful world that's really four hugely distinct maps in one with a constantly rewarding and self-renewing racing experience and I really can't tear myself away from it. Playground Games hasn't just upped the ante once again; it's blown the bloody doors off.
COGconnected - 9.5/10
Pour yourself a spot of tea, butter and jam some crumpets, cozy up by the fireside, and take Forza Horizon 4 for a spin – it's a bloody good time.
God is a Geek - 9.5/10
There is something truly special about Forza Horizon 4 and it is definitely a worthy addition to the series, sitting alongside its predecessor as the pinnacle of racing games.

Last edited:

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Hot scores as expected. Only question mark for me is the forced seasons even when offline.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Unsurprising. Maybe I'm remembering wrong but the Horizon series have typically always garnered overwhelming praise, no?

That isn't to lessen the scores, considering they keep putting out hit after hit is incredibly impressive.

francium87

Oct 27, 2017
10 million players by the end of the year?
Basically if you have game pass you have to try this right? And then add on top the previous player base from FH3, and the fact that no better racing games (non-full sim) are on the market this year.

Seahawk64

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty much as expected.
PlayGround truly are wizards.

This might just beat FH3 as my goat racer.

Now bring on Fable.

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
I said this in the other thread but man I've loved the last few Horizon games but finally being in the UK and having Ed is doing things for me, I've been watching the streamer streams and getting excited.
This being Day 1 on Game Pass and all my mates also having this on day 1 is going to lead to some awesome co-op and open world event stuff if its pulled off right.

I hope they release that rumoured ultimate edition upgrade for Game Pass players soon.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, it's pretty much Microsoft's flagship IP now.

Sucks I can't get into them. I loved playing DriveClub but that was just cause it was incredibly pretty. I know Horizon is very different to DriveClub with the former being an open-world game but I think I just lack the enthusiasm for cars in general. xD

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Its gonna take a while i think before we get another arcade racing series to ever come close to the Horizon series.
Atm the Horizon series is keeping the arcade racing alive.

Emick81

Jan 17, 2018
Damn, that are some great grades.

Good that Microsoft is scoring a Big time hit again. Can't wait to start on friday.

Oct 26, 2017
On one hand I want to read some reviews to see what is new in the game and on the other hand I'd rather find out myself, haha.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I got my Ultimate Edition purchase locked in. Now the wait until the 28th.

Super excited about this. Spent so much time in the demo already.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I'll say it's a little bit disappointed that Playground never seem to put a huge effort into the engine sounds, they don't seem that much better than 3 which wasn't much better from 2 or 1. I'm wondering why they don't just use the ones from Forza 7 which sound excellent.

willbsn

Oct 25, 2017
Great work by PG, they've been my fav devs for a while and continue to impress.

It'll be interesting to see how the game evolves, especially with seasons. This Horizon is built to last longer than all of the others, it'll be interesting to see if it does.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Congratulations to Playground Games and Microsoft, this is one of those games where if I had an Xb1X or a PC capable of playing it I would put it at the top of the list. They defintely put in the effort!

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Some of those 8/10 reviews dont read like 8/10 reviews tho. Its amazing, amazing that. One small issue like would like the menu abit faster.
8/10.

Sal

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
I'll say it's a little bit disappointed that Playground never seem to put a huge effort into the engine sounds, they don't seem that much better than 3 which wasn't much better from 2 or 1. I'm wondering why they don't just use the ones from Forza 7 which sound excellent.
Forza 7 sounds are incredibly exaggerated and inaccurate.