miserable

Oct 27, 2017
man I had the game crash 3 times today (on Xbox One X, performance mode). anyone else had crashes on Xbox?

Cjdamon042

Oct 28, 2017
Edinburgh
As someone who lives in Edinburgh, playing this is really bizarre! They've nailed the look of most of the areas, it's scary. Looks beautiful at night too, as it does in real life.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Getting tired of dealing with the Comcast data cap in a house of heavy users lol. Wish the Windows Store had an option to transfer installations between computers as long as it's using the same account. I can just drag my XB1 with me to work to download that version there, but lugging my desktop around is one step further than I'm willing to go, lol.

Excited to jump into this. I've been getting burned out on a lot of other types of games lately and this feels like the exact thing I need.

Spasm

Nov 16, 2017
As a middle-aged man, I am outraged... OUTRAGED, that there are no socks-and-sandals footwear options.

BashNasty

Oct 30, 2017
Maybe can play it on monday if you do the New Zealand trick.

Doesn't seem like that'll work. I was hoping to play the ultimate edition all day Thursday by using that trick and no luck.

Y'all should be excited though, the game is fantastic... even if I don't like the progression structure quite as much as 3.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Played a bunch of coop races, then suddenly the game decided I've had enough and kept throwing me error messages. In the end it didn't even allow me to connect to Horizon Life. Man, when the standard edition releases, online stability is probably gonna be terrible.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Is it just a case of changing your region and downloading via Game Pass?
Yes. As a Gamepass release is not as strict. They just release when the clock in that region hits 12 am and you can just be in that region to use it. You need to stay in the region tho.
If you for example switch back to a region where it isnt october 2 it doesnt work anymore.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Yes. As a Gamepass release is not as strict. They just release when the clock in that region hits 12 am and you can just be in that region to use it. You need to stay in the region tho.
If you for example switch back to a region where it isnt october 2 it doesnt work anymore.
That makes sense. Thanks for clarifying.

Deleted member 1041

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a question

So Horizon 4 is on the Gamespass, right? Can I get the gamespass and play the game on PC? Is anyone else doing it that way?

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I have a question

So Horizon 4 is on the Gamespass, right? Can I get the gamespass and play the game on PC? Is anyone else doing it that way?

That's exactly how I'm doing it. I'm still iffy on the road selection in the full game so I'm gonna use my unused 14-day Gamepass trial to give it a try, and if I purchase it from the MS Store, everything gets transferred over.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Does anyone know why every drivatar I play with from the club is only level 1? Anyone else with this problem?

EUFqUrM.png

Oct 27, 2017
Played a bunch of coop races, then suddenly the game decided I've had enough and kept throwing me error messages. In the end it didn't even allow me to connect to Horizon Life. Man, when the standard edition releases, online stability is probably gonna be terrible.

I've already experienced serious pauses lasting seconds once I got to Horizon Life. If this ends up being an issue like it was in Just Cause 3 it's gonna be a big problem.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
So assuming any insurance company was mad enough to agree, how much would a real-life Horizon Festival cost?

I'd say hundreds of millions of dollars. I mean you need to factor potential property damage, the use of super expensive hypercars, trains, jets, etc.

Then you have all of the concert like setups with the music, lighting, event organizers.

It would be like the Goodwill Festival of Speed mixed with Woodstock. Absolute Chaos.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
That makes sense. Thanks for clarifying.
Yes, I think it's because you don't need any payment for gamepass games.

I think EVERY game is tied to the store you buy it from. Buy a version from the US store, it unlocks at us midnight. Buy a version from new Zealand store, it unlocks at new Zealand midnight.

Normally that's harder to do because you need a payment method based in the country of the store you buy from. I'm in UK but bought a kiwi version of a game so it would unlock earlier.

For gamepass, you never need to pay, so you can "buy" from any store you like.

To help further, the buy button never exists until the game is already unlocked. So you can't accidentally "buy" it on the UK store ahead of time and be locked to UK midnight. The only stores with buy buttons have the game unlocked... And you can buy it from any store that has a button to click on.

Oct 27, 2017
The forzathon 30-second beeping countdown is very stressful, is there a way to have those alerts turned off, without having to go offline?

I also find the animated clocks on the map stressful. Sure, the season events are obviously on a time limit, but they're not counting down THAT fast. Map could use some filters once you're in the map itself.

But now at level 29, I see where they are going when it comes to the season rotation, so you can do what you want when new events arrive. Still want the ability to choose the season at-will for offline/solo/private freeroam.

Breaking out the race types and skill types into their own progressions is fantastic. Putting skill perk "trees" on individual cars is great, though I miss some of the driver-level skill perks. The final two showcases totally make up for the first three showcases. The Warthog should get its own 10-part story. At the default (average) skill level, driving lines, walls, and bumping into cars matters much more than horizon 3, once you get to racing level 4 or 5. Can't ping-pong so much to placing in a race anymore. All the seasons are beautiful. I wouldn't mind them adding "dream" seasons like Halo, Gears, apocalypse, etc.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe can play it on monday if you do the New Zealand trick.

Thanks for the reminder about this. Can't wait to play.

What's the add-on situation? I know there was talk of a potential bundle to basically make the Game Pass/standard version the Ultimate version? Does that exist?

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Timeless is my favorite radio station. Funny how Halo music is in there considering it is the station with Bach and Beethoven.

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
What would be lovely in Horizon 4 is a gamepad button toggle for turning the whole HUD off and on, for those times one just wants to explore without distraction and with fiddling in menus.

They definitely need to bring back a three second countdown at the beginning of races too.