Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus Snake doesn't unlock for TWO MONTHS? I don't remember other bonus characters taking quite that long, but maybe it's just cause I really want him. Well that really sucks. Guess I'll see you in February Snake.

Also how do you shuffle skins now? Can't find it in the locker

Oct 29, 2017
Alright, now that I can actually get in and play:

Who the FUCK thought it was a good idea to have 2/3rds of all the names locations have guards? I drop, try to understand and explore the place and have, no joke TWELVE people on my ass while I have no weapons. I've "played" 7 games and all but TWO have ended with me getting tanked by AI I didn't know existed

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Some awful choices on this,
Literally would have taken Pliskin disguise over Old Snake
Old Snake's a great choice. Certainly better than Solid Snake but with goggles lol.

Pliskin or Naked Snake should've been the 3rd style over goggles Snake, and while Raging Raven's glider is certainly a cool choice for a glider, it really should've been the cypher from MGS2, like in Smash.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Yeah I'm not too hot on the weapon attachments addition. It over complicates things. This game doesn't need that imo.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Okay, it feels good to have all the pre-OG features back - bounties, most vehicles, gold, vertical ziplines, keycard caches, manhole warp points (formerly in port-a-potties), boss fights, and all the other stuff that went away. OG was nostalgic and all, but I'm glad it was only a month, I had just about had my fill.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm not too hot on the weapon attachments addition. It over complicates things. This game doesn't need that imo.

Haven't gotten to mess with this yet but this has definitely been a concern for me. One of the things I like in Fortnite over PUBG/Apex is that the weapons are just the weapons. Attachments yeah tend to complicate things in ways I'm not very interested in in a game like this.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Played a match finally. First impressions.. map is awesome so far. And really pretty! Such a stark difference moving from the ugly OG map to this one with all of the volumetrics and advanced lighting and such. Guns seem interesting, gonna have to get a feel for them. Not sure why some have complained about the new walk animation, it seems fine? All in all I think this is going to be a great chapter/season.

Last edited:

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland

Also this. Other than finding one for the quest I'm not gonna bother using mod tables. Fortnite was my simple, goofin battle royale. Warzone doesn't even let you do that stuff mid match. Now, if they let you select a loadout so like every AR you find on the ground comes loaded the way you want, maybe.

I dunno. The map is great, it looks fantastic, the skins are dope, the locker and mods are so bad.

Neverx

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Sep 17, 2020
Florida
This season feels like mess crashed a ton and long queues alongside the locker changes are so annoying. Battlepass skins are awesome and the new map/weapons seem fun when I can play.

Invicta Fide

Oct 28, 2017
Haven't gotten to mess with this yet but this has definitely been a concern for me. One of the things I like in Fortnite over PUBG/Apex is that the weapons are just the weapons. Attachments yeah tend to complicate things in ways I'm not very interested in in a game like this.

I agree wholeheartedly with you on that. If I want that from a game I'll go play some of the other options.

katsu044

Mar 1, 2021
canada
what does the boss coin even do i killed one and then everyone knew where i was when i picked it up

like the map a ton of npcs though making every place they are a chaotic gunfight

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Only just got the chance to log on now and after seeing all the complaints about the emotes being separate I actually love that.

My emotes tend to be universal rather than skin specific so loading up an old skin and having a bunch of emotes I no longer use is always a pain.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man…this new locker system sucks. I'm not one to just be "new=bad", but some shit just doesn't even work properly on top of it missing features. Like I can't save a loading screen to one of my loadouts for some reason, and shuffle is just gone for now. Why is there no quick save anymore either? That was one of my favorite newer features.

Solid Snakes face looks so fuckin odd. Big whiff on that model.

Unfortunately agreed. I'm still happy he's here but right when I saw his face I was irked. Already annoying they gave him the beard that makes no sense.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
First match. XD
image.png

Man, the grappling hook is kind of a pain getting up to a steep slope through, and almost killed me at the end of the match here.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
The forced attachments, and thus the increased randomization regarding scopes/recoil/magazine size/what have you is an astronomically weird decision.

Maybe it just means more randomness as to not make certain guns 'AS' meta-required, but....don't think it's a great decision overall - twice now I've lost fights because the close-range SMG or basic AR has a scope that swings me out of focus on another player.

Also, it seems that picking up enemy weapons doesn't automatically give you a full magazine anymore.

The rope-knife seems...okay, for a traversal item in not being blatantly overpowered, but otherwise feels a bit underwhelming to use.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
in a sad attempt to defend mods (I don't like them), they're not an always check and do stuff item (I think?). all weapons are the same, just like fortnite before. but now in vaults to can spend gold to change the weapon a bit. and to me that's not like mods in apex, constantly looking for mods, it's just changing a thing or two IF you get to a vault, by spending gold

edit: n/m weapons come with random mods. crazy random, but at least you don't have to deal with changing mods unless you get into a vault, you just change whole guns

Last edited:

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Ok so I have played a handful of games and they seriously need to revert the changes to the crouch walking immediately!

That essentially puts you at a complete stop and trying to incorporate it into battle has become a complete detriment.

TheDanimal

победитель победитель куриный ужин
Oct 25, 2017
Really bummed by the movement changes, the default speed is just so slow. Hoping they revert it!

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Checked out the LEGO conversions and while some of them are nearly perfect, most are pretty generic. At least of the skins I have.

That said, the majority of them also have a tag that says they will be replaced by better versions later. Though a lot of the ones that don't have that tag are still pretty bad.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Checked out the LEGO conversions and while some of them are nearly perfect, most are pretty generic. At least of the skins I have.

That said, the majority of them also have a tag that says they will be replaced by better versions later. Though a lot of the ones that don't have that tag are still pretty bad.
You were able to see them in-game? Been trying to figure out how to do that, if you don't mind sharing.

Brando

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Not crazy about the new movement especially the crouching. It definitely needs to be tweaked

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
ok even worse about the new lockers, the differnt slots don't save different variations of outfits, I had three slots: spider man, black suit spider man, and white suit spider man. now they're all the same outfit. I had two tomb raiders: remastered, and PS1, now they're both the same.

this is bs, hope it's unintentional and will be fixed

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Wound up fighting against a player that seemed to have some sort of uber shield? It took a crazy amount of damage but I never got it off him. Not the new riot shield, the regular shield. Anyone know what that was?