• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cleverly disguised console wars thread.
This isn't a console war thread, although you seem confident in making it one with your comments.
Until we know the exact details of the policies from both companies regarding cross-play, it's foolish to assume blame.
Exact details of policies? We know Epic and MS are fine with Crossplay. Minecraft and Rocket League already have crossplay with X1, PC and NS. The elephant in the room? Sony. Its been made abundantly clear that the only limitation here is Sony. Fortnite and Rocket League devs have made it obvious to us.
Microsoft wasn't hearing any of this last generation when Sony was open to cross-play, where was the outrage then? This has been iterated a few times, but of course it has fallen on death ears. It's amusing how Microsoft gets overlooked on a lot of things while Sony is put under a microscope.
That just absolutely isn't the case, but whatever fits in your narrative then sure.

If you have to reach back into last gen when Gold and PS+ were very different beasts... Come on. First of all one was free the other was not, and expectations are wildly different from then to now as technology has evolved. We used to think that there was a technical limitation, when the matter of the fact is all that needs to be done is for the devs to flick a switch and it instantly works. No money or time required from anyone. It is that simple.

It is not falling on deaf ears, its just a lame argument to make.
Currently you guys are fussing over exclusives. The difference is Sony built their exclusives in house from first party development. Microsoft bought some of theirs (gears of war, titanfall 1, pubg). Can't compare first party development to second/third party development.
Both companies have first, second and third party exclusives. There is no fucking difference.
Waiting on a Microsoft revisionist to twist and spin this in favor of MS somehow.
There you go. I have changed the past! Amazing!

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I like how you're passing the blame from Microsoft when it originated from them. If Microsoft enabled cross-play last gen when Sony was open to it, we would still have cross-play this generation between consoles. Since MS refused to and wanted to hold onto their XBL subscriptions, why should Sony give up market share now?

Want to explain how Sony is acting like tremendous dicks? The only people trying to make this a big deal is the people in this thread.

We've seen the comment from the Final Fantasy devs about wanting it and MS saying no but iirc Sony gave no comment? Did Sony actually go on the record and say they wanted cross-play with Xbox 360?

pulga

Banned for alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lol this is the kind of response I'm talking about

pray tell to all of us who arent your avid followers what are you talking about?

C'mon... I could make a post saying this thread would make for a fantastic study on buyers remorse but it would only detract and fan the console war flames.

I don't think anyone on the Xbox side of this issue regrets buying their Xbox. As a PS4 and Switch owner I find it pretty awesome how Rocket League handles crossplay on Switch and it's staggeringly ridiculous anyone as a gamer would not want more of this and the lengths some posters are going to defend Sony is embarrassing.

I like how you're passing the blame from Microsoft when it originated from them. If Microsoft enabled cross-play last gen when Sony was open to it, we would still have cross-play this generation between consoles. Since MS refused to and wanted to hold onto their XBL subscriptions, why should Sony give up market share now?

Want to explain how Sony is acting like tremendous dicks? The only people trying to make this a big deal is the people in this thread.

do you seriously think Sony is going to lose marketshare over this

PS4 sales arent going to slow down one bit because you can play your games with your xbox/switch friends

i cant even

Alucardx23

Nov 8, 2017
Well PUBG on XB1 isn't crossplay with PC.

Why Cross-play isn't possible on Xbox ?

I can respect when the developer is the one that decides not to mix PC and console player base. It can be something like not wanting to mix mouse and keyboard players with controller players, it might be that it is planned down the line. Microsoft has repeated several times that they are all in for crossplay, so I don't think you're saying that they are the ones that are stopping it from happening.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I understand that PS4 does support crossplay with PC and Mobile, I'm referring to the games where PC, Switch, mobile and Xbox support crossplay among them, but PS4 will be out of Xbox and Nintendo crossplay. It is only a matter of time before Fortnite is announced for Switch and I'm sure Sony wont allow for Switch owners to play with their PS4 friends.
I think people will be fine with it.

Cross play works best when the game is built around it like a MMORPG. You don't use PSN, XBOX, or Steam names but "World of Fantasia" names for example. Then all the friend lists, invites, and communication is done in the game and not the consoles/PC storefront service. In Street Fighter V I knew a friend had the game on PS4 but I didn't bother trying to invite him because I was on PC and I couldn't tell if he was in the game or not. Well I did try one time, but I wasn't sure that was the correct person. SFV use a Capcom Fighting Network name, his PSN is a name of a popular Capcom character, soooo yeah. I could have just messaged him but with the gap and since I haven't been on PSN for a long time I just didn't bother using the PS4 or phone app to communicate. Anyway, The person played like it was their first fighting game and I just gave up after that, no PSN to easily communicate (old FFXI buddy not real life friend). When I was on PS3 with free PSN I played him in fighting games until 3 am constantly. This gen with me on PC and SF5 cross play, not one match. My most played game was Playstation Allstars last gen because of this rivalry for crying out loud.

As a PC player, I'm super happy SFV has cross play as it makes the game not dead on PC I'm sure. I rarely cross other PC players.

Last edited:

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017

Deleted member 896

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Until we know the exact details of the policies from both companies regarding cross-play, it's foolish to assume blame.

Microsoft wasn't hearing any of this last generation when Sony was open to cross-play, where was the outrage then? This has been iterated a few times, but of course it has fallen on death ears. It's amusing how Microsoft gets overlooked on a lot of things while Sony is put under a microscope.

Currently you guys are fussing over exclusives. The difference is Sony built their exclusives in house from first party development. Microsoft bought some of theirs (gears of war, titanfall 1, pubg). Can't compare first party development to second/third party development.

Waiting on a Microsoft revisionist to twist and spin this in favor of MS somehow.

Well, I mean I'm sure Sony could publicly comment on this and put the whole issue to bed with their perfectly legitimate reason for why they have this stance. But the one time they offered a public reason in recent times with regard to Minecraft they went with some nonsense about needing to look out for the safety of children. So the ball is in their court.

As for last gen, I think the main thing is just was there any real pushback against their refusal? The thing going against them is that I honestly feel like a lot of these tools were sort of immature. It was almost a theoretical idea as to whether or not this was doable. That's not to say that MS should get a pass for any of the anti-consumer stuff that they have done or are continuing to do. But it's bizarre to deflect that because apparently we as gamers failed to take them to task 10 years ago for the shenanigans they did on the 360, the ship has sailed on this. Further, maybe their stance would have gotten more criticism if someone high up at Sony was making noise about it like Spencer is now. I don't really get the narrative that people are just out to get poor Sony here.

Deleted member 26746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
When I say what sony had to gain... I'm also talking as a mostly PS4 user. And cross-play could end being worse for a PS4 user in my opinion.

Yes. you can play against a friend that doesn't own a PS4 but owns an XBO... but isn't what platform your friends are playing with one of the deciding factors to choose what console to purchase? The more friends you got playing on PS4 more chances you have ending with a PS4 too and more chances other friends will add up to that list... that means PS4 userbase growing and making the PS4 the one third parties will aim at (with full exclusivity or releasing first on) 'cause is more profitable aiming at the biggest userbase and play safe.

Why as a consumer would I lower that gap between PS4 and XBO and make the obvious choice for developers not obvious anymore?
I want all the games to relase on my platform of choice and so I want Sony to have the bigger userbase and that's why I also own an XBO and a Switch for their first party IPs and exclusivities.

Tbh in my opinion anyone that is only able to get one console per gen should go with the one with biggest userbase or go PC instead

Oct 30, 2017
I know so many people buy PS4 to play with their friends. I've witnessed this personally.

Even when I listen to podcasts, podcasters jus today but system where your friends are. Exclusives have become less and less important as it's the multiplatform games that sell the most.

People who are outraged at Sony for not allowing one of the Sony's main selling points are quite ridiculous. It's not even like they took the feature away and original advertised PS4 will connect to Xbox players.

People are free to want this feature, but to be outraged and not understand why Sony don't play ball is rather pathetic. But carry on : ).

And me pointing this out and like to discuss everything thing as this is a gaming forum doesn't mean I'm a Sony defender. I wouldn't be against a Twitter campaign, or a sign vote etc for Sony to do it. But people need to understand this is a discussion gaming forum, and not let's all riot and talk about wanting Pro consumer stuff and fuck these evil corporations

Nov 12, 2017

And again ...show me a single PR from last gen when we have Sony E. CEO asking Ms for Crossplay....and show me, if the fault was just Ms one, where Nintendo PC and PlayStation played happily together.
I'll tell you a news ....Sony didn't wanted Crossplay last gen at the same as this one they being forced by a dev (exactly for ff14) to crossplay to have the game on their console. We probably having more Crossplay games this last year between nintendo Xbox and PC than the famous last gen who Sony defence force continue to call in

And btw wtf mean Ms bought their exclusives? ..Sony bought their most famous studio.. naughty dog...to have their game exclusively if this is what you mean ..so?

OldBenKenobi

Oct 25, 2017
When I say what sony had to gain... I'm also talking as a mostly PS4 user. And cross-play could end being worse for a PS4 user in my opinion.

Yes. you can play against a friend that doesn't own a PS4 but owns an XBO... but isn't what platform your friends are playing with one of the deciding factors to choose what console to purchase? The more friends you got playing on PS4 more chances you have ending with a PS4 too and more chances other friends will add up to that list... that means PS4 userbase growing and making the PS4 the one third parties will aim at (with full exclusivity or releasing first on) 'cause is more profitable aiming at the biggest userbase and play safe.

Why as a consumer would I lower that gap between PS4 and XBO and make the obvious choice for developers not obvious anymore?
I want all the games to relase on my platform of choice and so I want Sony to have the bigger userbase and that's why I also own an XBO and a Switch for their first party IPs and exclusivities.

Tbh in my opinion anyone that is only able to get one console per gen should go with the one with biggest userbase or PC instead

Huh? I mean I guess it's your opinion but I personally don't agree. I have all 3 systems but Xbox is my main for multiplayer because it's where most of my friends are and I just enjoy the Xbox ecosystem more.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Tbh in my opinion anyone that is only able to get one console per gen should go with the one with biggest userbase or go PC instead
Wow. Just wow.

Im at a loss for words at this point. you might as well just change your profile photo to Sonys logo.

Alucardx23

Nov 8, 2017
I think people will be fine with it.

Cross play works best when the game is built around it like a MMORPG. You don't use PSN, XBOX, or Steam names but "World of Fantasia" names for example. Then all the friend lists, invites, and communication is done in the game and not the consoles/PC storefront service. In Street Fighter V I knew a friend had the game on PS4 but I didn't bother trying to invite him because I was on PC and I couldn't tell if he was in the game or not. Well I did try one time, but I wasn't sure that was the correct person. The person played like it was their first fighting game and I just gave up after that, no PSN to easily communicate (old FFXI buddy not real life friend). When I was on PS3 with free PSN I played him in fighting games until 3 am constantly. This gen with me on PC and SF5 cross play, not one match. My most played game was Playstation Allstars last gen because of this rivalry for crying out loud.

As a PC player, I'm super happy SFV has cross play as it makes the game not dead on PC I'm sure. I rarely cross other PC players.

I don't agree out of personal experience. I used to play a lot of Virtua Fighter 5 online, unfortunately the player base got really low. I bought the game twice for PS3 and Xbox 360 and one of the advantages of this is that it was easier to find someone to play online. How can someone have problems to understand this has me dumbfounded. Crossplay with Xbox, Playstation and Nintendo will happen at some point. After that we should push for unified friends list, chat and text messages to about what you're describing.

Nov 12, 2017

So you want that Ms show legitimately their muscle on windows pc because is their platform right?

leehom

Nov 30, 2017
Well, I mean I'm sure Sony could publicly comment on this and put the whole issue to bed with their perfectly legitimate reason for why they have this stance. But the one time they offered a public reason in recent times with regard to Minecraft they went with some nonsense about needing to look out for the safety of children. So the ball is in their court.

As for last gen, I think the main thing is just was there any real pushback against their refusal? The thing going against them is that I honestly feel like a lot of these tools were sort of immature. It was almost a theoretical idea as to whether or not this was doable. That's not to say that MS should get a pass for any of the anti-consumer stuff that they have done or are continuing to do. But it's bizarre to deflect that because apparently we as gamers failed to take them to task 10 years ago for the shenanigans they did on the 360, the ship has sailed on this. Further, maybe their stance would have gotten more criticism if someone high up at Sony was making noise about it like Spencer is now. I don't really get the narrative that people are just out to get poor Sony here.
Wasn't Sony the first to push cross-play between consoles and PC? FF11? IIRC, they wanted MS to jump on board and MS refused. You're right that we failed ten years ago that led to this conclusion that we're fighting for now.

"In 2010, Rahul Sood, the president of Voodoo PC, stated that Microsoft had terminated cross-platform play between Xbox 360 and PC players for an upcoming game claiming that even skilled console players "got destroyed every time" in matches against PC players of mediocre skill due to the difference between controller and keyboard-and-mouse controls, and thus would be seen as an embarrassment to the Xbox 360"

It's absolutely true that PC gamers destroy console gamers in FPS games, but it wouldn't make a notable difference in MMorpgs?

Oct 30, 2017

This is quite a ridiculous post.

If you check my post history you would see I'm against the outrage people are giving Sony.

But this post is just something else.

Competition is good for PS4 owners. To not even get that is what surprises me.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Do people really have to mention that marketing line every time. They used "4 the players" because it's got a 4 in it like Playstation 4, that is literally how the marketing meeting went.

On fizzy drink forums do they have conversations where people ask "Coca-Cola must stand by their claim and change their drinks so I can in fact taste the feeling".

Imagine if a company advertised Have it Your Way™ but didn't allow you to choose the toppings on your burger, or if an ad campagin for a new drink with A Flavor People Crave™, but a common reaction was that it tasted poorly. It's a reasonable to point out the cultivated brand identity being at odds with a events in the news. It's not a "gotcha," but it's worth observing.

Buckley

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Imagine if a company advertised Have it Your Way™ but didn't allow you to choose the toppings on your burger, or if an ad campagin for a new drink with A Flavor People Crave™, but a common reaction was that it tasted poorly. It's a reasonable to point out the cultivated brand identity being at odds with a events in the news. It's not a "gotcha," but it's worth observing.
Not even close.

Deleted member 896

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't Sony the first to push cross-play between consoles and PC? FF11? IIRC, they wanted MS to jump on board and MS refused. You're right that we failed ten years ago that led to this conclusion that we're fighting for now.

Right. But when people bring up these examples of MS committing this same folly, it's not clear that any of the big players at the time were raising hell about it. I mean, it could be that a lot of people here are giant hypocrites that are just out to hate on Sony and defend everything MS does. Or it could just be that there wasn't enough of a push back then to really get this into the mainstream consciousness.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
We've been over this. The two games don't have parity (one is in beta, the other in 1.0). The creator of the game has talked about wanting cross play when they they do.
I'm pretty sure I've posted it in this thread already, but I'll say it again. The two versions of the game have already diverged as far as balance goes, so I don't even know how crossplay would work with PUBG. Vehicles have different health and take damage differently than on PC because it's harder for console players to track vehicles and hit shots.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I don't agree out of personal experience. I used to play a lot of Virtua Fighter 5 online, unfortunately the player base got really low. I bought the game twice for PS3 and Xbox 360 and one of the advantages of this is that it was easier to find someone to play online. How can someone have problems to understand this has me dumbfounded. Crossplay with Xbox, Playstation and Nintendo will happen at some point. After that we should push for unified friends list, chat and text messages to about what you're describing.
I've experienced many dead online communities on PC (usually console ports that PC gamers didn't stick with, not popular PC games), I see how cross play can help. Paragon benefited greatly from cross play, and a cross play that wasn't invite activated but a combined pool. When I said people would be fine, I'm talking PS4 people would be fine and Switch/Xbox/etc. people would be fine. As long as there's some people to play with things will be peachy.

In Dragon Age Inquisition they had weekly community challenges, you could see the goals of each platform's challenge on their forums. PS4 always had double the requirement and met them. PC and Xbox seemed to struggle, PC especially. I would have loved to join that PS4 party, but going to xbox for cross play would have helped too, but I feel like xbox DAI died down and it would have been best for me to just join PS4 as usual for cross play (selfish). With Switch, Xbox, and PC maybe things would last longer. So PC/Switch/Xbox would be fine, PS4 would be fine.

Buckley

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Right. But when people bring up these examples of MS committing this same folly, it's not clear that any of the big players at the time were raising hell about it. I mean, it could be that a lot of people here are giant hypocrites that are just out to hate on Sony and defend everything MS does. Or it could just be that there wasn't enough of a push back then to really get this into the mainstream consciousness.
Kind of like how there isn't a big enough push now.

GiantBreadbug

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know so many people buy PS4 to play with their friends. I've witnessed this personally.

Even when I listen to podcasts, podcasters jus today but system where your friends are. Exclusives have become less and less important as it's the multiplatform games that sell the most.

People who are outraged at Sony for not allowing one of the Sony's main selling points are quite ridiculous. It's not even like they took the feature away and original advertised PS4 will connect to Xbox players.

People are free to want this feature, but to be outraged and not understand why Sony don't play ball is rather pathetic. But carry on : ).

And me pointing this out and like to discuss everything thing as this is a gaming forum doesn't mean I'm a Sony defender. I wouldn't be against a Twitter campaign, or a sign vote etc for Sony to do it. But people need to understand this is a discussion gaming forum, and not let's all riot and talk about wanting Pro consumer stuff and fuck these evil corporations

What you have described is a pathetic as fuck excuse for value proposition, and is the literal definition of anti-consumer.

Absolutely, unequivocally, and with zero qualification FUCK the idea that holding crossplay hostage to force consumers to buy into a certain platform ecosystem is in any way excusable. Apologizing for such makes one's priorities clear (i.e. Console Wars are more important than fair and well-considered platforms).

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure I've posted it in this thread already, but I'll say it again. The two versions of the game have already diverged as far as balance goes, so I don't even know how crossplay would work with PUBG. Vehicles have different health and take damage differently than on PC because it's harder for console players to track vehicles and hit shots.
Reminds me of Overwatch PC vs Overwatch console design changes. Turret guy has different properties on console than PC. If PC turret guy was in console he'd be too strong due to the aiming. In PC turret is easy to aim at and kill fast due to the better aiming. If only PS4 games allowed people to use that gyro fine aiming assist, but this is a topic for another day... Viva la Steam Controller API! (All consoles should have that feature. PS4 controller rocks on Steam thanks to it, gyro aiming, custom.. .ok I'll stop).

Feb 1, 2018
Europe
You know what Epic game I would like to have played? Gears of War. It looked fun as hell to play, but I had a Sony console and couldn't. Guess why? It wasn't even cross-play I wanted - I just wanted to play it period. And when their deal with Microsoft was up, I kept thinking 'Hey, maybe I can play it now!' Then Microsoft bought the IP so I couldn't again.

As a PlayStation gamer, I don't ever want to be lectured again on how consumer-friendly Microsoft is in the console space. ESPECIALLY not with an Epic Games property.

This is a shrewd PR move and i wont begrudge them that. But come on now.

Wow... just wow. Not sure what is happening in this thread now. Seems like a lot of people are experiencing some kind of Catharsis. It is surreal.

Deleted member 896

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kind of like how there isn't a big enough push now.

This is a really bizarre comment to make given what the thread is about. I mean, don't get me wrong. I'm the first person to acknowledge that internet outrage bubbles aren't necessarily indicative of what the public at large cares about. Point taken. I assure you that this isn't something I've overlooked. But we're having this discussion because of the awareness being raised about the ongoing discussion as it relates to the massively popular title Fortnite and the fact that the other stakeholders here have pointed the finger at Sony publicly as being the party standing in the way. This is how you build momentum to make such a push.

Now again, don't mistake this as me deluding myself into thinking that an 1800+ forum thread is all the evidence you need that this is a giant deal. But I'm just saying there is clearly movement on this front or else we wouldn't be having this discussion right now.

Oct 30, 2017
I've experienced many dead online communities on PC (usually console ports that PC gamers didn't stick with, not popular PC games), I see how cross play can help. Paragon benefited greatly from cross play, and a cross play that wasn't invite activated but a combined pool. When I said people would be fine, I'm talking PS4 people would be fine and Switch/Xbox/etc. people would be fine. As long as there's some people to play with things will be peachy.

In Dragon Age Inquisition they had weekly community challenges, you could see the goals of each platform's challenge on their forums. PS4 always had double the requirement and met them. PC and Xbox seemed to struggle, PC especially. I would have loved to join that PS4 party, but going to xbox for cross play would have helped too, but I feel like xbox DAI died down and it would have been best for me to just join PS4 as usual for cross play (selfish). With Switch, Xbox, and PC maybe things would last longer. So PC/Switch/Xbox would be fine, PS4 would be fine.

And you can understand why Sony think they don't benefit from cross play. They have the bigger userbase and it's a selling point for PS4. In a age where exclusives are not as important as multiplatform games. I remember when the generation started journos, podcasters etc used to say by the system where your friends are. This is by far a selling point and anyone doubting it is quite silly. Yes people are allowed to be dissapointed Sony don't allow cross play, but to be outraged at Sony when Sony didn't promise it before they sold you are PS4, or haven't removed the feature as it wasn't there to begin with, is quite ridiculous. Trying to force a company to remove their best selling point.

Oct 30, 2017
What you have described is a pathetic as fuck excuse for value proposition, and is the literal definition of anti-consumer.

Absolutely, unequivocally, and with zero qualification FUCK the idea that holding crossplay hostage to force consumers to buy into a certain platform ecosystem is in any way excusable. Apologizing for such makes one's priorities clear (i.e. Console Wars are more important than fair and well-considered platforms).

Ok I give

Fuck Sony

Fuck them let's go to war

Also fuck WhatsApp, Skype, Facebook fuck them all. We should have cross everything. Fuck these devil companies using userbase as a key selling point.

Oct 25, 2017
Ok I give

Fuck Sony

Fuck them let's go to war

Also fuck WhatsApp, Skype, Facebook fuck them all. We should have cross everything. Fuck these devil companies using userbase as a key selling point.

But...

Whatsapp users on Android can communicate with whatsapp users on Windows Phone (all seven of them)

Someone on can log onto facebook using Chrome on their Windows PC and chat with someone using facebook on their Mac.

Someone can use their Xbox One to Skype with someone on their phone.

They all have the equivalent of cross-play.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
You know, I think Microsoft may have messed up a little with their games anywhere initiative. It may have convinced so many people to get a PC instead of Xbox, or stick with PC instead of going Xbox, then they realize they don't like the Microsoft Store and just stick with the other ways to get games on PC. I've always wanted to try Forza, so when Forza Horizon 3 was announced for PC too I was pretty excited. I have yet to play the game, I doubt I will, though I haven't played GT Sport as well (seemed too focused on online, and I am not getting PSN +, I put my foot down on that.. people still don't like puns? ok).

Alucardx23

Nov 8, 2017

The longer the life of an online game that I play, the better. With crossplay you can extend that life longer. I don't know how else to put it.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
You know, I think Microsoft may have messed up a little with their games anywhere initiative. It may have convinced so many people to get a PC instead of Xbox, or stick with PC instead of going Xbox, then they realize they don't like the Microsoft Store and just stick with the other ways to get games on PC. I've always wanted to try Forza, so when Forza Horizon 3 was announced for PC too I was pretty excited. I have yet to play the game, I doubt I will, though I haven't played GT Sport as well (seemed too focused on online, and I am not getting PSN +, I put my foot down on that.. people still don't like puns? ok).

I think you're in the wrong thread mate

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I think you're in the wrong thread mate
No, I was replying after reading the guy that quoted me. I was thinking about player pools, and the issue Microsoft is having with wanting to fill it's multiplayer games. I think they may have limited their growth with the xbox anywhere thing causing people to reconsider buying a xbox. So now cross play is important for them, and they can and will get it with PC, Mobile, and Switch.

How many games have crossplay between XOne and Switch?
I asked this in another thread, or this one. It's probably 2 or 3. Two at the least (Minecraft, and Rocket League).

I think Microsoft should help Switch get third party games that are multiplayer, and work to get those games to have the cross play.

EightBitNate

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
How many games have crossplay between XOne and Switch?

Rocket League and Minecraft (not sure if the update is on Switch yet)

Edit: actually list is bigger than I thought

• Minecraft (Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, Windows 10, Android, iOS, Windows 10 Mobile, Apple TV, Fire OS, FireTV, Gear VR)
  • Crazy Justice (Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, Steam)
  • Gunscape

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Rocket League and Minecraft (not sure if the update is on Switch yet)

Edit: actually list is bigger than I thought

• Minecraft (Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, Windows 10, Android, iOS, Windows 10 Mobile, Apple TV, Fire OS, FireTV, Gear VR)
  • Crazy Justice (Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, Steam)
  • Gunscape
Nice, looking good so far.