Infernostew

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
2046_movie.jpg

May 10, 2019
I'm prime Turtles demographic and the majority of people that I know remember this one over the original, or at the very least think the scenes from this one are from the first. Absolutely not a forgotten sequel.

In my experience it's the opposite. I had seen the first two in theaters and always talked about the first one over the second one. I'm not saying the second one was horrible but Tokka and Rahzar did not help that movie, imo. Still love TMNT too this day.

This was one of the most popular releases when it came out. How is it a forgotten sequel?

When it released it was a success making over 75 million from a 25 million budget but it had mixed reviews and as I stated above in my experience, the first one is talked about more then this one.

Since I have you both, what did you guys think of the third one?

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
In my experience it's the opposite. I had seen the first two in theaters and always talked about the first one over the second one. I'm not saying the second one was horrible but Tokka and Rahzar did not help that movie, imo. Still love TMNT too this day.

When it released it was a success making over 75 million from a 25 million budget but it had mixed reviews and as I stated above in my experience, the first one is talked about more then this one.

I think that one is the far more forgotten sequel, and for good reason. It was terrible.

Oct 27, 2017

Oh the first one was certainly the better film, no argument there. I'm just saying in my personal experience the second one is the one everyone remembers. "A little too Raph" "I made another funny" and of course "GO NINJA GO NINJA GO".

Haven't seen the third one since I was a kid so no comment.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
This one. The film didn't strike the iron when it was hot and released a few years later. Outside of the cult following, there are a lot of people who didn't know this existed.

Not if you were alive when it came out. It was a major release that everyone knew about at the time, with tons of publicity. And the cult following began shortly after on home video. It's a really weird pick for this thread.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
I was alive when it came out. The movie bombed.

Of course, but the notion that people don't know it exists is a different and wildly incorrect claim. There's never been a time when it wasn't a home video staple or widely available. The Key & Peele skit is funny specifically because everyone remembers how batshit crazy the thing was.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
Of course, but the notion that people don't know it exists is a different and wildly incorrect claim. There's never been a time when it wasn't a home video staple or widely available. The Key & Peele skit is funny specifically because everyone remembers how batshit crazy the thing was.
The thread is about forgotten films. I don't think the film obtained any sort of following or impact as the original. Even the Key & Peele skit spells it out for those who are likely not familiar.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
I think that one is the far more forgotten sequel, and for good reason. It was terrible.
Oh the first one was certainly the better film, no argument there. I'm just saying in my personal experience the second one is the one everyone remembers. "A little too Raph" "I made another funny" and of course "GO NINJA GO NINJA GO".

Secret of the Ooze wasn't forgotten, however the third film does fit that tag.

oh man, I had totally forgotten about TMNT III and... I fucking loved that movie as a kid! I must've been like 4 or 5 years old and my parents even got me a View Master (hey, remember that one?) with stills from the movie!

The thread title applied literally to my own case, hah.

Oct 8, 2019
The thread is about forgotten films. I don't think the film obtained any sort of following or impact as the original. Even the Key & Peele skit spells it out for those who are likely not familiar.

Gremlins 2 wasn't successful but I definitely think its more remembered for stuff like Hulk Hogan threatening to murder the gremlins to put the film back on and in particular the Leonard Maltin scene

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
I don't know reverse forgotten films count, but god damn David Hayter/Solid Snake taking over the role of Sean in the sequel to the forgotten original The Guyver (or Mutronics in the EU) is great.

The original is best known for being a film with Mark Hamill in the suit on the cover (even though that's not his character in the movie - they wanted that Skywalker bux)

Original forgotten garbage movie
The_Guyver_poster.jpg

Low budget better known sequel but you prob don't know about it either
GuyverDark.jpg

Watch Guyver: Dark Hero on YouTube for free (nobody cared enough to take it down)

I loved the guyver 😂😂😂😂😂

Hokey

Oct 29, 2017
Sin City 2 was actually really good. Another one that's good and surprised me:

E5k7prO.png

It's not even Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels but these two guys nail it.

Oct 25, 2017
Would Get Shorty still be considered popular? It should be, it was a fun little film. Its sequel on the other hand...

B1CnpeD.jpg

May 10, 2019

I did like it going more into some of the back story of the characters and I am a sucker for "GO NINJA GO NINJA GO".

tumblr_o5honjiTkm1tkezu4o2_400.gifv

Last edited:

ZiggyPalffyLA

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Los Angeles, California
No one can forget Grease 2, superlative film and vastly superior to the original.

I just recently learned the surprisingly heartwarming fact that The Swan Princess from 1994 has continued on to this day for a total(currently) of 9 films. And they are all made by the same people, there has been a single director for all the films and only two different writers(Yuri Lowenthal being one of them!).

Original:
swan1.png

First and latest sequels:
swan2.png
swan3.png
I had no idea, I loved the first one as a kid. But it sucks to see they switched over to CG animation after the 2nd one.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, you are right.

But the fact I forgot that - even after I saw it - say both on the state of my memory and the quality of the movie. /s

It actually had some interesting ideas in it IMO. Like, in the original when Kurt Russell visited the old camp and it had an axe in the wall and other weird signs of a fight, they incorporated those into the prequel. Like, we now know how those things happened.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Most of these came out way too long after the original films to cash in. It's a death trap that Hollywood falls for far too often.

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
Why the Titanic II ship have a sad face on it exhaust?

Also Future World forgotten, but isn't' it heavily used in the new Westworld series?

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
All I remember about that 300 sequel were the many bare-chested dudes and Eva Green being amazing. Her character even had some sweet black and gold bone armor.