tabris

Oct 27, 2017
hey, the 2020 iPhone design linked in that article is really nice though. Oh well another year with my trusty 8, hopefully they get Touch ID back in there

Once they nail the in-screen Touch ID, you'll get that back.

That's the one thing about Apple, it can be frustrating but is one of the things I appreciate in the end - they generally don't release a new product feature unless it works very well in every day use. They rather cut out the feature if they feel it won't be close to 100%. A lot of Android-based manufacturers will release a new idea before really testing it out. So a lot of times you end up with the latest things but you have so many mis-steps along the way - a great example being Samsung Fold.

Everyone should read this article on innovation from Malcolm Gladwell to really understand why Apple isn't "first" (a lot of the things they are given credit to come from companies like Xerox and IBM. Google or Android manufacturers are the new Xerox labs of this generation for some things) to a lot of things:

www.newyorker.com

Creation Myth

Xerox PARC, Apple, and the truth about innovation.

ThreePi

Dec 7, 2017
I don't mind the multicamera stuff, but companies got to stop doing the raised camera wart on the back of phones. It forces you to use a case at that point, and if you're going that direction, just make the phone thicker and stick more battery in there.

I am a Bird

Oct 31, 2017
I'm waiting for the day that someone develops a phone where the entire back of the phone is made of nothing but cameras

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Phone, from what i can see looks nice

that case is horrific. Looks like its made of nanomachines that will turn into a iron man suit

House_Of_Lightning

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I have an iPhone X for personal, Samsung S10 for work.

S10 has no notch and still does finger print verification. And is in general a nicer piece of kit.

This iPhone still has the notch and I wouldn't be surprised if no finger print.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
I would like to buy an Iphone with:
OLED screen,
no notch,
one or two back cameras,
thin bezel.
Should be under 1000€ with those specs.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
I don't mind the multicamera stuff, but companies got to stop doing the raised camera wart on the back of phones. It forces you to use a case at that point, and if you're going that direction, just make the phone thicker and stick more battery in there.

Apple (et al) keep blowing my mind with this. No one ever complains about a phone being too thick, or praises it for being thin. Everyone wants more battery life.

Every. Single. Person.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Good thing this is my skip year. Better make it look pretty again with next year's phone Apple lol

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
USB-C when?

I think I'm good with my X unless I get a good promo for switching carriers.

Nov 30, 2018
ITT : People who look at the back of their phone while using it

Imagine thinking that Jony Ive didn't have a hand in this. I guess this iPhone just popped out of thin air the second he announced his retirement.

Right, lmao
They have Ives designs for at least another 4-5 years. They're consulting his new design firm anyways so he's not actually "leaving"

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Apple, the only thing that can save this disaster is drastic price cuts!

Listen to me, Apple.

Jun 20, 2019
I don't believe Apple is going to release an iPhone with a solid aluminum back, that design would eliminate wireless charging. It's a very strange render and a little difficult to take seriously.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
true, myself included if they hype up the camera well enough. still rocking the 7+ so could perhaps get this but i'm over spending ÂŁ1000/ÂŁ60 a month on a phone now.
I'm on a 7 myself. Constantly want to get a used X but the prices for those seem a bit whacky. I don't know why i'm waiting through as I don't think the price will drop much after the newer phone releases this year.

-COOLIO-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i like it. it looks different and a little futuristic.

it's probably also going to do great things for AR

Nov 18, 2017
Since Steve Jobs passed away, Apple's design philosophy has became as uninspired as their third-party imitators.

This software advances at WWDC were spectacular - but their hardware has been coasting for the last 5+ years.

Also, played with an SE recently and damn... I want smaller smartphones back. Being able to reach everything one handed was super convenient. Leave being a tablet to the iPad. If I could get an X the size of an SE I would swap in a heartbeat.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everybody today "lol it's fucking ugly"
Everybody in 6 months "lol u idiot it was always cool just like airpods get with the times GRANDPA"

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I always assumed manufacturers pushed better and better cameras to jack up the price and not because people asked for it, but are people REALLY this into their phone's camera? What kind of photos are you taking that need this kind of technology? Do you want to see all the face pores so you can count them?