Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
I'm in the same boat. They have not really showed any reason to get a series X. There are no exclusive games, and there is not even a game that takes advantage of the power. It's basically being sold as a Machine to play older games on.

wastingmyyouth

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 10, 2020
2020 has been a truly dreadful year. If being a day one owner of both next gen devices is within your budget and brings you some tangible joy, I say go for it.

The Series X is only a tough sell if you have no interest in current gen games performing better and/or game pass. Either way, it's an investment for the future.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm getting increasingly certain I don't need a PS5 this year. Don't know whether to cancel my preorder or try to sell it once the console arrives though.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
Since XSX will be where I play most of my games I don't have this issue. I already have the overpriced deluxe versions of Yakuza, ACV and Fenyx Rising digitally preordered for XSX.

mentok15

Dec 20, 2017
Australia
This is where I'm at. I snagged a digital because I really want to play Demons Souls but I can probably wait - I just don't have the power to hit that cancel button. I also somehow managed to get $25 off plus red card 5% off on it with some Target special specific to me apparently so it makes it a little harder since that is hard to beat.
Demons souls is the main reason I want to keep it too. It's just that's really about it, along with maybe Spiderman, until GoW which is late next year (or longer).

I plan to cancel and wait for a slim and when the exclusives are cheaper, but yea hitting that cancel button.

Oct 28, 2017
Are you looking forward to the ps5 launch lineup? If that's a yes, ask yourself where you'll be investing your time. What games are you expecting to pick up for the rest of the year?

Puffball

Jan 16, 2018
If you can afford it, which I assume you can since you preordered both, why cancel it. Going from your post seems like you interested in it enough to have feelings in not canceling. So, if it doesn't cause issues with your bank account, just keep the preorder. More games for you to play!

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Two things to consider.

- Is your play time limited?
If yes, stick with the PS5 since there's some games that you're looking forward to.

- Are you planning on getting it when Halo Infinite comes out?
If yes, it's very likely that there won't be a price drop and you'll already have the system. If you already sub to GamePass, there's plenty to enjoy with it.

I'm personally getting both, I'm only getting the PS5 at launch for Spider-Man: MM besides that, at least at the moment the other game that has my attention is God of War: Ragnarok which will be a while before it comes out. I could wait, but might as well have both in case something good comes up in the meantime and you won't have to worry about restocks in the case they keep selling out for a while.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
I was lucky enough to secure both a PS5 and Series X preorder, and I've pretty much decided to go with PS5, but for whatever reason I just can't bring myself to cancel my preorder or sell it at cost to one of my friends.

It's weird because there isn't really anything I want to play on it at launch that isn't going to be on PS5 also. I definitely want to play Halo Infinite when it comes out, but that could be over a year from now.

I guess I'm just afraid that if I cancel, I'll regret it for some reason that isn't obvious to me at the moment.

Anyone else in this situation? First world problems, I know.

Just to be clear, I will not sell it to anyone here. I have real life friends who will take it if I decide not to keep it.
either sell if for more $ or cancel it

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
I say go all in with one or the other. It's kinda overkill seeing as you only have two hands. I'm waiting till next year for my series X.

Oct 28, 2017
As others have mentioned, I'm in the same boat but reverse.

I think I've decided to keep my XSX pre-order. I have hundreds of OG Xbox/360/X1 digital titles at this point. I want to play the prettier version of Yakuza at launch, and quite frankly if I'm going to start building a library of next gen 3rd party games. I'd rather have that be where I can access them via Xcloud.

But I have so much nostalgia for PlayStation launches, and do want Miles, that I'm having a hard time deciding what to do.

Oct 27, 2017
Still deciding whether I want to keep it for some comfy couch 4K TV gaming action at least that's what I keep telling myself as someone who has gotten every Xbox console at launch. My PC is essentially next-gen ready sans for a RTX 3080 but I do all my gaming there on a 3440x1440 ultrawide. It's probably not worth it but I still would feel a void without a launch Xbox.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't bother getting XSX because I'll be going PC, but this Backwards Compatible stuff is selling me

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
I am on the opposite side of not sure if I should keep my PS5 Pre-Order. I never liked the Souls games, but it looks really good what they are doing with the PS5 version and the only other game is Sackboy and that is it. So I am still not sure what I will do with the PS5.

Deleted member 70824

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 2, 2020
I see what's happening here: Xbox is working its magic on you.

But if you have decided that PS5 is your preferred platform, you might as well cancel the Series X preorder and put the money towards something else. Maybe buy more PS5 stuff. You can always buy a Series X further down the line, and you'll probably get game deals to go with it.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Yeh intially I was going to get both, but that was just the pre order hype talking. Don't see a reason yet to own it, instead of next year.

Going to cancel mine soon aswell

wotta

Oct 27, 2017
I am getting a PS5 at launch as the line up is far superior. I've not ordered a Series X, even though I usually get both at launch. However, I have upgraded my PC and am waiting on a 3080, so that'll be my Xbox I guess. I'm not sure I will get an Xbox at all this gen. There doesn't seem a need with all the games also coming to PC.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
As a One X owner, I don't see the need to get the Series X just yet which is why I cancelled my pre order last week. I don't think The Medium is enough to persuade me to fork over 450 quid for that console.

Also I can play whatever game comes out on Gamepass on my One X.

As I don't currently own a PS4, the PS5 will keep me busy for a fair few months with its decent launch line up.

Will probably buy a Series X around March next year.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
Feel lucky you scored it, and just return it if you don't want it when it arrives. Never hurts to have options.

Arctic Chris

Dec 5, 2017
Ottawa Canada
I was in the same boat with my PS5 preorder. There isn't any Sony exclusive that I am interested in until next year so I thought about cancelling my pre-order. I mainly buy third party multiplatform games and I expect all of those to look and play better on the XSX.

Then I played the new CoD Cold War beta and there are already PC cheaters. Sony permits crossplay to be turned off - and I buy the new CoD every year. I am now keeping my pre-order.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
1 console is fine. Definitely at launch. just sell it at cost to a friend if they want it and were unable to secure a preorder.

Jul 1, 2020
If you have Game Pass you will have plenty of to play on it without having to buy them. Any Xbox One games you own will also run better on it so even if there aren't any titles you are eager to play at launch it is still worth having.

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
Well OP, you have 3 weeks to decide. But if you know for sure you'll stick with ps5 for a while and don't have specific XsX games you want, you can just wait. But I hate having stuff not being used so I know I wouldn't have it around if it's not getting use.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
For me, the One X was a no brainer, the Series X even more so. Loading times alone will make it worth it for me.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
After selling my old xbox and some other bits, it's a no brainer. I play a lot of Gamespass though.

I totally ghet the FOMO thing though but try to rise above it. You have no reason to have it, pass it on to a friend or cancel it :) then maybe who really wants one can get it?

MTR

Oct 27, 2017
I'm in the same boat, have cold feet around both consoles. I'm leaning towards keeping the ps5 due to Demon's Souls and MM.
Cyberpunk will be my main game and I think the next gen version will be comprable.

In an ideal world I would hold out until a next gen revision of the Xbox but I suspect I'd grab it at some stage in 2021.
I may just grab both, try them out and sell one, I wouldn't scalp but the demand should mean I can sell it for retail opened.

d3ckard

Dec 7, 2017
As someone who just today ordered one(it's still easy in Poland), I recommend you keep with it. Even if money is an issue, you can easily sell it for a couple of months at least. I just think something in you want it ;)

I wanted to have double launch as well and Demon Souls look awesome, but I can't stop being put off by size. Will wait for a slim and a library to grow. However, in 2020 if you feel like having double, have double. Enjoy yourself and be happy you still can.