• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

If you usually buy both MS and Sony systems , which one will you get Day one ?

• Xbox 2

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • PS5

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • Both

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Booker.DeWitt

Oct 25, 2017
Question for gamers that have both Xbox one and PS4.

Which system will you get Day one ? Xbox, PS5? Both ?

What will be the deciding factor ? Price ? Specs? Launch games ?

I will be getting the Xbox for sure, even thought k got the PS4 only on day one . I think the next Xbox will have a very aggressive launch strategy
What about you guys ?

PS: the question is for people that have both systems .

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Both if I can swing it, but Xbox first if I gotta choose one.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Neither. I'll wait till there's something worth buying and then get one. Presumably PS5 first.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Probably neither on day 1, to be honest.
Maybe Xbox earlier than Playstation, it really depends on what they're offering exactly but MS has proven to do well with backwards compatibility so far at least, which would be useful during the early days.
I'm hoping for a Scarlet Enhanced boost for BC XB1 games, maybe, hopefully.

Oct 25, 2017
Got a 4 and a pro on launch month.
Neither successor has been announced let alone shown off.
Not sure so far, kind of hoping to wait till the ps5 pro/Xbox 2 X to get a clearer picture of which is the best investment while cross gen titles cover me for a few years

MavFan619

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Next Playstation, and considering how I sold one Xbox One and don't use the second I got for free not even bother getting the next Xbox. I hope both succeed but even with the acquisitions the majority of their output aside from D4 was not for me.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
PS5. MS first party output has been awful this gen. Got an X as a gift and regret not selling it honestly. Hopefully all the acquisitions and what not leads to a turnaround

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Both.

I prefer Xbox as a platform. I prefer the controller, my favorite series is Halo, Gamepass is a great service which has lead me to play more games. I'm also really excited about their new studios and I think that they have a lot to prove next gen meaning they will have a lot of great things.

I think Sony has nailed their 1st party this gen and assuming they have good launch window titles I won't want to miss it.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Make this thread when PS5, Next Xbox and Sega Dreamcast 2 are actually announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.