Status
Not open for further replies.

coldsagging

AVALANCHE
Oct 27, 2017
From what I've heard, albeit on Liverpool podcasts, I think a lot of the questions about Gordon's attitude are questionable and likely came from Newcastle themselves.

It was reported originally on Liverpools side that Newcastle offered him to Liverpool when they had PSR concerns at the start of the summer, then they backtracked/it fell through as those concerns diminished through other sales (Minteh) and so Newcastle briefed against the player on their side to make it look like he was the one pushing rather than them because it's not a good look to be seen to be looking to sell your best players.

Gordon was at the Euros the whole time so it's unlikely he was pushing much for a move then. It was also said that he was very unhappy about Newcastle hanging him out to dry in the press, so that could have led to him genuinely pushing for a move now.

Could well be bollocks, and tbf he was saying very flattering things about Liverpool before the Euros. I think we'll only go for him if Diaz goes who seems the most likely, but Barcelona were the links to him and I imagine they're still skint.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
From what I've heard, albeit on Liverpool podcasts, I think a lot of the questions about Gordon's attitude are questionable and likely came from Newcastle themselves.

It was reported originally on Liverpools side that Newcastle offered him to Liverpool when they had PSR concerns at the start of the summer, then they backtracked/it fell through as those concerns diminished through other sales (Minteh) and so Newcastle briefed against the player on their side to make it look like he was the one pushing rather than them because it's not a good look to be seen to be looking to sell your best players.

Gordon was at the Euros the whole time so it's unlikely he was pushing much for a move then. It was also said that he was very unhappy about Newcastle hanging him out to dry in the press, so that could have led to him genuinely pushing for a move now.

Could well be bollocks, and tbf he was saying very flattering things about Liverpool before the Euros. I think we'll only go for him if Diaz goes who seems the most likely, but Barcelona were the links to him and I imagine they're still skint.

I think people are refering to the stuff Gordon did when getting his move from Everton to Newcastle, accusations of not showing up for training and such. So we'll see if history repeats itself. I know some Evertonians are certain that the Everton to Newcastle move was a strategic move to one day go to Liverpool later down the line. Because had he gone to Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd ofc they wouldnt sell to Liverpool. So Newcastle definitely have to blame themselves a little if they exposed him this early to that dangling Liverpool carrot. And people seem to believe he has had his head turned there in the summer so gonna be interesting how it all pans out.

coldsagging

AVALANCHE
Oct 27, 2017
I think people are refering to the stuff Gordon did when getting his move from Everton to Newcastle, accusations of not showing up for training and such. So we'll see if history repeats itself. I know some Evertonians are certain that the Everton to Newcastle move was a strategic move to one day go to Liverpool later down the line. Because had he gone to Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd ofc they wouldnt sell to Liverpool. So Newcastle definitely have to blame themselves a little if they exposed him this early to that dangling Liverpool carrot. And people seem to believe he has had his head turned there in the summer so gonna be interesting how it all pans out.
Ahh, fair play, I didn't know about the stuff to get the Newcastle move. Yeah that makes sense tbf.

Linkified

Dec 24, 2017

From the Newcastle press they were briefed that it was Liverpool that approached Newcastle for the player though.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
From the Newcastle press they were briefed that it was Liverpool that approached Newcastle for the player though.
This whole story has been driven by Newcastle, not by Liverpool, and it's all now one big salvage operation. The original reporting, which is the best evidence we have on this, is that Newcastle approached Liverpool about the swap in their 11th hour desperation to meet PSR deadlines. Liverpool being interested in the player is most-likely known between the clubs as part of the general conversation that happens at boardroom level, but this tangible deal was driven by Newcastle's PSR issues, not Liverpool.

I'm sure Gordon's frustrated given that an agreement was close and that the club have reneged on allowing him to join Liverpool, but he holds all the cards given the contract situation. Newcastle can either sell him now for the price they seemingly agreed, sell him for half of that when he has a year remaining next summer or let him join Liverpool for free the following year. Either way Gordon to Liverpool is inevitable and the sooner Newcastle move on, the better. Liverpool is the team he supports and they're a bigger, more successful club. Even if you take PSR out of the equation it's not something Newcastle should try and fight.

Linkified

Dec 24, 2017
This whole story has been driven by Newcastle, not by Liverpool, and it's all now one big salvage operation. The original reporting, which is the best evidence we have on this, is that Newcastle approached Liverpool about the swap in their 11th hour desperation to meet PSR deadlines. Liverpool being interested in the player is most-likely known between the clubs as part of the general conversation that happens at boardroom level, but this tangible deal was driven by Newcastle's PSR issues, not Liverpool.

I'm sure Gordon's frustrated given that an agreement was close and that the club have reneged on allowing him to join Liverpool, but he holds all the cards given the contract situation. Newcastle can either sell him now for the price they seemingly agreed, sell him for half of that when he has a year remaining next summer or let him join Liverpool for free the following year. Either way Gordon to Liverpool is inevitable and the sooner Newcastle move on, the better. Liverpool is the team he supports and they're a bigger, more successful club. Even if you take PSR out of the equation it's not something Newcastle should try and fight.

It literally hasn't been driven by Newcastle. Unless you believe certain outlets who are obsessed in trying to make Newcastle sell their best assets. Liverpool enquired was told a £100m and they backed off. If he does try and manufacture a move away then stick him the u21s to train, then Liverpool can get him in two years time. He wouldn't be the first that has happened to and certainly won't be the last.

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Adidas are releasing some retro style shirts for teams before the season starts.

adidas-2024-retro-jerseys-2.jpg

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
It literally hasn't been driven by Newcastle. Unless you believe certain outlets who are obsessed in trying to make Newcastle sell their best assets. Liverpool enquired was told a £100m and they backed off. If he does try and manufacture a move away then stick him the u21s to train, then Liverpool can get him in two years time. He wouldn't be the first that has happened to and certainly won't be the last.
No media outlet is obsessed with trying to make Newcastle sell players because there's no incentive for any media outlet to do that. That is nothing but deranged paranoia. Newcastle did need to sell players, hence why they countenanced selling Gordon as a last-resort. A deal was discussed and a price was set and it wasn't £100m, which is yet another example of blue-pilled football fan hysteria.

Newcastle aren't some innocent victim here. They opened the door to this deal and anything otherwise is complete fiction. The idea of letting an asset like Gordon rot in the U21's is so dumb that I almost hope they do it. Given the decisions they've made so far they might just do it.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
Already done with Enzo.

Playing out of the back like this when Caicedo is one of your players is asking for gaffes game after game.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
I really am teary eyed that I'm 45mins away from the stadium and have to watch the game at home. Was really hoping to be there. I haven't been to a live game with Liverpool since 1986. :(

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018

coldsagging

AVALANCHE
Oct 27, 2017
Not a Liverpool fan but Bradley is quality, think TAA's gonna have a job getting Into the starting 11 with him playing as RB

Also that away kit is nice, simple but does the job
He's too good to be an understudy, frankly, and he's much more direct with his running than Trent. Bit of a conundrum for Slot but good problem to have I suppose. Szoboszlai, Jones and Gravenberch have played deeper in midfield pre season and none of them are your typical 6's so he's probably open to playing Trent there as well.

I really like that kit as well. I haven't bought one for years but I'd get that if they did a long sleeve version.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Really hope these new execs can get these Ugarte and whatever else MF moves down ASAP. Casemiro is looking like a fringe squad player so far and collyer isn't ready. Mctominay should be sold. There must be good options to partner mainoo and he's not gonna be back to full sharpness for a while. Real big liability there right now beginning the season.

Oherwise, the backline is similarly in need of reinforcement. So get whatever moves you have planned done soon. Sell AWB already.

There was some good attacking intent with Amad/Rashford/Sancho, at least in the first half, was just missing a proper 9 in Rasmus/Zirkzee. So a little less worried there for now.

Considering all the late Euro returnees, late signings, injuries already, it might be until October or November until we see a proper settled XI with this United squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.