Status
Not open for further replies.

Loan Wolf

Nov 9, 2017
big happy norwegian boi

gxbCrvyLsPrxxWMJix3Yn19Ou47pPxDd6UiyeoqTN_g.png

Hazzuh

Oct 28, 2017
By far his best scene. Just wasn't as strong as in some of the test games and against Duisburg. But he's 17 so the consistency will come.
Yeah, he still looks like a quality player from what I've seen. Dortmund normally take a few months before starting young players like him so it says a lot about what they think of him that he was able to play today.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Forget bringing in new players, I'm worried the good ones we do have will realise the club has no ambitions to compete and try to escape as soon as possible.

I know this sounds really petty considering how much United have spent over the last decade but this club legit aren't even aiming to compete with Liverpool and City for the title. For the Glazers, top 4 is a trophy.

I guarantee you that this team won't make top 4 with the squad as it is now. Liverpool, Man City, and Chelsea are my top 3 finishers. Then you have Leicester City, Spurs, Wolverhampton, Sheffield, Leeds, United, and Arsenal all fighting for that final spot.

Gawge

Oct 27, 2017
Forget bringing in new players, I'm worried the good ones we do have will realise the club has no ambitions to compete and try to escape as soon as possible.

I know this sounds really petty considering how much United have spent over the last decade but this club legit aren't even aiming to compete with Liverpool and City for the title. For the Glazers, top 4 is a trophy.

The worst decision they have made in the last few years (appointing Ole) is one that fans demanded. They have also given him the worlds most expensive defender.

Step one is surely getting an upgrade on the worst coach in the league.

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
They really neutered TV coverage of the league and put everything on Peacock Premium.

Ole is done with Woodward

Muddy Water

Nov 13, 2017
The worst decision they have made in the last few years (appointing Ole) is one that fans demanded. They have also given him the worlds most expensive defender.

Step one is surely getting an upgrade on the worst coach in the league.
Man, don't pin this on Ole. We were the number 1 team on the table counting games since Bruno joined. We made good progress last season but you still need to build on it if you want to compete for the title. The current ownership clearly doesn't have the appetite for that. They are happy to settle as long as they get their CL revenue.

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
About the buyback clause.

football.london understands that the clause states that Real can buy back Reguilon in either the summer of 2021 or 2022, with Spurs making a healthy profit of around £15million.

However, Reguilon must of course agree to such a move should Real return for him and the hope within Tottenham is that if he is happy and settled in the Premier League he would have no reason to return to Spain.

So Reguilon has to okay it. Im okay with this and think its fine.

Sasliquid

Oct 25, 2017

football.london understands that the clause states that Real can buy back Reguilon in either the summer of 2021 or 2022, with Spurs making a healthy profit of around £15million.

However, Reguilon must of course agree to such a move should Real return for him and the hope within Tottenham is that if he is happy and settled in the Premier League he would have no reason to return to Spain.

From my understanding he grew up a Madrid fan so I think he would want to go back if they could offer him good game time. The way I think about it is if Madrid want him back he must of been damn good for us.

Pall Mall

Oct 25, 2017

Madrid also have a healthy LB rotation for the moment so its possible they may not even come knocking. Either way if they want him back it means he's been quite good for us and we get profit. Also gives the chance for Sessegnon to go out on loan and build himself up with more minutes. I can't see anything wrong with the buyback, I'm very glad United balked at it.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
The 343 formation does not work well against teams we really should boss. We were so poor today, gave me flashbacks of the villa game a couple months ago. It especially doesn't work without Tierney. His ball distribution from the lcb position is great. Kolasinac was hopeless today.

I'm hoping after the tough run of fixtures coming up we switch to a back 4 and get an extra body in midfield to help control the ball better against weaker teams.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge

Sammex

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty pleased with Thiago and Diogo. If we can bring in Kabak at CB then we've had a good window. Definitely feeling more positive about the season knowing we've got some key cover now, and Thiago can add a creative element to our midfield that we haven't really had since Gerrard was playing.

Also well in Palace!

Pall Mall

Oct 25, 2017
Dele left out of two matches in a row. Hmm... maybe saving for this long run of games? Or something happened...

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017

Garfield

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
If you watched the documentary he warned Dele in that interview that he needs to find his form.

Muddy Water

Nov 13, 2017
Lingard did have his best season for United under Mourinho. Could be a win-win for everyone. Except maybe Dele Alli.

Status
Not open for further replies.