• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
Coutinho is quite similar with Ribery as playing style. He can fit well at Bayern if he finds his form.

Shav1

May 18, 2018

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Peak Ribs was super fast and a much better dribbler than Coutinho. Don't see the comparison.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Can't see the game but 2 goals from 4 shots. Same shit as last season. I wonder when people are really going to bring up the absolute shite form Neuer has been in the last two years.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really agree at all, peak Ribery was *much* faster over long distances and a much more vertical, athletic player imo.
Coutinho is not similar to Ribery at all.

My bad, I must have a bad memory of Ribery then.

Can't see the game but 2 goals from 4 shots. Same shit as last season. I wonder when people are really going to bring up the absolute shite form Neuer has been in the last two years.

Watched the 2 goals and one was a deflection and the other a 1vs1 with Neuer. You could maybe say he could do more to avoid the second one but nor really his fault.

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
If I had Coutinho I'd be trying to turn him into a CM. Unleash his through ball skill/vertical passing from deeper positions, limit the impact on his lack of athleticism, put runners in front of him. I remember him being effective there a few times in a 4-3-3 under Rodgers.

More generally, I think teams aren't aggressive enough about experimenting with technical attacking midfielders playing deeper in midfield. That position is so valuable and in such scarce supply, you can game plan around athletic deficits, and the upside is massive (Pirlo, Schweinsteiger, Cazorla, David Silva all players who all saw huge jumps in value with this positional move).

I see it as pretty analogous to the gradual transition of many SFs to PF and C in the NBA. You get more skill on the field and coaches (who are naturally conservative) tend to overestimate the downside.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
BTW, DAZN has now a really cool feature on their streams, marking the highlights on the stream timeline so you can jump back directly there.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
If I had Coutinho I'd be trying to turn him into a CM. Unleash his through ball skill from deeper positions, limit the impact on his lack of athleticism, put runners in front of him. I remember him being effective there a few times in a 4-3-3 under Rodgers.

More generally, I think teams aren't aggressive enough about experimenting with technical attacking midfielders playing deeper in midfield. That position is so valuable and in such scarce supply, you can game plan around athletic deficits, and the upside is massive (see: Pirlo, Schweinsteiger, Cazorla, David Silva as players who all saw huge jumps in value with this positional move).

Bayern has plenty of CMs though. Plus they just sent back James who they could have had for cheap and would be ideal for the same role. So getting Coutinho as a CM would really be a waste of a transfer.

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
Suarez off injured, Rafinha in, get a chance to see how Griezmann does centrally. Not sure this doesn't make Barca better in this match at least.

That fucker is like an instafix to all problems. Wish he'd retire already.

yeah it felt like 2/3 of Barca's games last year they'd play like shit for 70 minutes but Messi would score enough in the other 20 to make up for it. they're implementing the front half of that strategy effectively today, back half seems harder without him.

Devil

Oct 25, 2017

Neuer didn't have anything to do with both goals though. Both were absolute flukes he couldn't do much about.

miserable

Oct 27, 2017
When did Bilbao become such pussies lmao. Barca without Suarez and Messi and Bilbao has 15% posession at home. Fucking pathetic.

CM_Ace

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
What a strike. First touch of the ball as well, I believe.

As for Barca, shit performance from everyone not named Rafinha, Ter Stegen, De Jong.

Status
Not open for further replies.