• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

pechorin

Banned
Apr 13, 2020
the Paul brothers have to be some kind of government experiment to figure out something about humanity, but what it is I can't say.

so I'll take the easy way out and blame zoomers for this mess.

PspLikeANut

Free
May 20, 2018
For money lol, you can say the something about the McGregor fight, why would Floyd bother? It's always going to be money for him lol.
Yup, and with Jake Paul it's going to be light work. Easiest payday of his life. Basically free money with minimal effort to prepare for the fight. If your in May's shoes, who wouldn't resist a chance like this.

Deleted member 30411

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
He HAS money. More money than what this fight will provide if you go by what this thread believes.

But if this is the only way he can get money in his post career, things must be looking catastrophically bad for Mayweather. Shit, even Tyson will fuck with Tony Khan, this mess is embarrassing.

By all merits, this is the easiest fight of his career and it's money on the table. If someone offered Ronaldo a bunch of millions for playing in a sunday league, he'd be a fool not to take the money and laugh his way to the bank.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For the 50-0 crowd, the record only counts for sanctioned fights, this fight cannot be sanctioned because of the weight difference. Floyd fought kickboxer Tenshin Nasukawa in 2018, and that fight did not count towards his record.

fivestarman

Oct 28, 2017
I think Floyd pissed - that new hairline wasn't ready for primetime yet! The worst thing he could do was take the hat lol.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's defiently not a work but has turned into a great angle to sell an exhibition fight on ppv.

Never seen Mayweather so angry. He ain't faking that.

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Halfway through, the boxing match should turn into a Money in the Bank match with the hat dangling 20 feet up.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
isn't floyd bad with spelling / spending money as well?

I wonder if he might be vulnerable to taking a dive.

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
While both are POS humans, Floyd is far worse. The guy had an affair with his best friends wife then watched their murder-suicide on FaceTime.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
isn't floyd bad with spelling / spending money as well?

I wonder if he might be vulnerable to taking a dive.

Nobody has ever really shown any evidence to suggest that Mayweather is going broke. Yes he spends money on lavish stuff but that doesn't mean his going broke.

I think him being black and haters actually wanting him to go broke is why these rumours persist.

If he was going broke he wouldn't fight Jake Paul. Coming out of retirement to fight Canelo again or fight Crawford or Errol Spence would be huge money fights.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Little prick Jake steals the spotlight from his asshole brother, then gets rocked by a guy who shows him what reality is like when he tries to go up against a real fighter.

I might not like Mayweather as a person but man, all of that felt good to watch.
Even if this is all a carnie show and a total work.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Floyd is the draw and the promoter. Why would he even need to take a "dive"? He's going to make more money off this thing than anybody.

Dizzy Ukulele

Oct 28, 2017
This didn't hype the Logan Paul fight at all. Quite the opposite. Everyone knows the script they're going for now.

KAMI-SAMA

Banned
Aug 25, 2020
Man, one or both of these Paul brothers are going to get shot by someone one day, and I am going to laugh.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Little prick Jake steals the spotlight from his asshole brother, then gets rocked by a guy who shows him what reality is like when he tries to go up against a real fighter.

I might not like Mayweather as a person but man, all of that felt good to watch.
Even if this is all a carnie show and a total work.

Even I could tell this was a work but even still. Jake attempting to talk shit feels so awkward when it's from him. "Got your hat ha ha ha". Like how old is this dude lol.

Deleted member 52442

Banned
Jan 24, 2019
For the 50-0 crowd, the record only counts for sanctioned fights, this fight cannot be sanctioned because of the weight difference. Floyd fought kickboxer Tenshin Nasukawa in 2018, and that fight did not count towards his record.

doesn't matter if it's constantly brought up every time floyd name is mentioned (if he loses)

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure the people saying Floyd will take a dive are confusing Logan with Jake and are unaware Logan Paul is literally 0-1 and got his ass kicked by a streamer.

OP
OP
Armadilo

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Floyd is the draw and the promoter. Why would he even need to take a "dive"? He's going to make more money off this thing than anybody.
Also it's not Jake, Logan has already lost before and sucks at boxing. Kinda weird that Floyd would fight this one but the plan is probably to get them both.

This might not mean much in the end but hey it's something to watch and puts an end into both of the brothers in boxing, good.

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017
the last time I heard "got your hat" was on the playground at school when I was 7 years old.

this is fucked

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
People saying it's a stunt don't know Mayweather or the mentality he comes from. He's not above carnie bullshit, but he's not gonna sign on for carnie bullshit in which he is publicly and personally disrespected. Doesn't have the ego for it.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
People saying it's a stunt don't know Mayweather or the mentality he comes from. He's not above carnie bullshit, but he's not gonna sign on for carnie bullshit in which he is publicly and personally disrespected. Doesn't have the ego for it.
This goes for the suggestion he's gonna throw the fight as well.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Honestly if anyone intentionally watches either Paul brother or likes them... I instantly heavily dislike the person. It's ridiculous

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
Did Mayweather already run out of cash or something? Why even wasting his time to give the fool spotlight?

Deleted member 2533

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I remember when Khabib and Conor were selling their fight, and then Conor started making fun of Khabib's faith, and calling his coach a terrorist and shit. When the fight started and Khabib took it to the ground he was beating on Conor with anger, and repeating the phrase "let's talk now" again and again. When the bell rang for the end of the round, Conor looked like a kid getting sent to his room.

Yesterday

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why do people always come into threads like this and smugly say its staged like they're some sort of brain geniuses. Who cares, its funny

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
I remember when Khabib and Conor were selling their fight, and theb Conor started making fun of Khabib's faith. When the fight started and Khabib took it to the ground he was beating on Conor with anger, and repeating the phrase "let's talk now" again and again. When the bell rang for the end of the round, Conor looked like a kid getting sent to his room.
Yep. You can bullshit and build hype, but every fighter's got a line and that was well over Floyd's. Paul's only saving grace is that it's his brother who did it and not him.