Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
news.yahoo.com

Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz reveals he lives with a 19-year-old Cuban immigrant whom he calls his son

Gaetz made the announcement after shouting at a Black lawmaker over whether he understood the racism people of color face in America.

Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz said on Thursday that he lives with a Cuban immigrant named Nestor whom he calls his son.

"For all those wondering, this is my son Nestor," Gaetz tweeted along with a photo of him and the man he identified as Nestor. "We share no blood but he is my life. He came from Cuba (legally, of course) six years ago and lives with me in Florida. I am so proud of him and raising him has been the best, most rewarding thing I've done in my life."
In a follow-up tweet, Gaetz wrote that Nestor turned 19 a few days ago and "will be off to University."

"He arrived here at 12," Gaetz tweeted. "As you can imagine, I was triggered when (to make an absurd debate point) a fellow congressman diminished the contributions of Republicans because we don't raise non-white kids. Well, I have."

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dude called him a page, a student, a helper.

Call the cops on that guy.

Doc Holliday

Oct 27, 2017
"Legally of course"

Uhm Cubans get asylum as soon as they land here. So they can't be here illegally lol

Oct 29, 2017
What's the uh...age gap here on this one? I didn't think Matt Gaetz was all that old.

Like how old was Matt Gaetz when his "son" was 12? lol

Oct 27, 2017
I bet.
Kigs82L.png

mrchad

Oct 27, 2017
This is in response to Rep. Richmond arguing with Gaetz that he didn't know what it was like to be African-American or raise an African-American son. It's the next level of "I have a black friend."

"You've never lived in my shoes, and you do not know what it's like to be an African American male, and all I'm saying is if you are opposed to this legislation, let's just have the vote, but please do not come in this committee room and make a mockery of the pain that exists in my community," Richmond said.
Gaetz interjected, asking Richmond if he was "certain that none of us have nonwhite children? Because you referenced your black son, and you said none of us could understand."

Reym

Jul 15, 2019
cool. good for him. (unless there is something im not getting?)

I think it's related to the police violence hearing where he got in an argument with a black representative who said he didn't understand what back people were going through, so his "gotcha" was basically "you don't know if I have black kids." Which led to the internet pointing out that he has no kids. This, I believe, is an attempt to prove them wrong.

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination

smurfx

Oct 25, 2017
hoping this is just a political stunt and not him grooming an underage kid for years and pretending its his son.