• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which open world games will you buy in November?

• Cyberpunk 2077

Votes: 2,258 60.4%
  • Assassin's Creed: Valhalla

Votes: 860 23.0%
  • Watch Dogs: Legion

Votes: 515 13.8%
  • Spider-Man: Miles Morales

Votes: 1,409 37.7%
  • Yakuza: Lika A Dragon

Votes: 710 19.0%
  • None

Votes: 565 15.1%

• Total voters

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017
I would buy yakuza if I were going to buy an Xbox Series whatever

(is this sentence right, in English?)

lightning16

May 17, 2019
Will definitely get Yakuza at some point, but I'm still playing catch-up a bit with the series. Not at all interested in the others.

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
Spider-Man: Miles Morales—Day 1
Cyberpunk 2077— waiting for next-gen patch
Yakuza: LAD— waiting for the PS5 version
Watch Dogs: Legion—waiting for a sale
Assassin's Creed Valhalla—waiting for a deep sale

W17LY

Aug 29, 2018
I'll wait till next gen update for Cyberpunk and for sale for WD Legion.

AC Valhalla and Miles Morales day one.

APizzaPie

Oct 27, 2017
I'll probably get all of them at some point with the exception of Yakuza. Cyberpunk first, Spiderman whenever I get a PS5 and AC when it's on sale.

Oct 30, 2017
Cyberpunk & Valhalla.
I'd rent/buy Miles Morales.
But I want to play the original Spiderman (remastered or PS4 disc version first)

However with the upgrade path/lack of PS5 disc being lacklustre.
I'm going to attack all the other games first and pick that up later on sale

Camisado

Nov 3, 2017
I plan to play them all eventually.

Watch Dogs and Miles Morales with my PS5 at launch.

Assassins Creed for Christmas probably.

Yakuza when it finally releases on PS5 (grumble grumble...)

Cyberpunk when the PS5 patch is ready.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Cyberpunk for pc. So fucking hyped for it. I'll check out assassin's creed next year when I csn get the ultimate edition all patched up and bug free for 30 bucks. Will grab spidey when I get a ps5 next year. I have quite a few yakuza games to catch up on so I'm not ready for the new one. I couldn't care less about watch dogs honestly.

RossC

Oct 27, 2017
Cyberpunk and Yakuza for me.

Cyberpunk i'll almost definately be waiting until I get a Series X.

Yakuza is probably a while away as i've only played 0 and Kiwami 1 so far. Lots more to go first.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
Hated Spider-Man and no interest in 2077, so not those. Yakuza is the one I'm most hyped for but assuming in a mipority here.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
Only Spider-Man: Miles Morales for me.

I've never played a CDPR game (not interested), never played an AC game outside of the 1st one, not into Yakuza series at all and Watch Dogs lol? ....nah.

Deleted member 10726

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ResetERA
Just Yakuza, maybe. Really depends on local pricing here. Fuck Ubisoft, and fuck CDPR.

Surprised to see Cyberpunk winning this poll despite .... *gestures wildly at everything*

I presume you missed that whole thread where an overwhelming amount of people said they will still buy Hogwarts Legacy despite actively supporting J.K. Rowling and her crusade against trans people that way.

MattB

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Cyberpunk. I'm not the biggest fan of open world games so I limit how many I'll actually get.

Mar 8, 2018
I presume you missed that whole thread where an overwhelming amount of people said they will still buy Hogwarts Legacy despite actively supporting J.K. Rowling and her crusade against trans people that way.

Yeah, I did miss that one. Sigh. I guess I thought maybe public opinion had shifted on Cyberpunk, not just because the game and marketing looks to be extremely transphobic, but also because CDPR's business practices have been exposed for what they are. It doesn't seem like the human cost of this game is at all worth it.

arrado

Jan 1, 2020
None for me personally. I'll get Demon's Souls at launch. Then I'll play the free Astrobot game.
My Cyberpunk purchase depends completely on how it runs on ps5. I assume the day one 'ps5' version won't be great, so I'll probably wait fo the real next gen version next year.
I'll get Miles Morales and WD Legion whenever it's on sale. Not interested in AC number 3252..

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm buying all of them, but Yakuza might wait a bit. Most excited for Miles, Valhalla, and Watch Dogs. I might sit on Cyberpunk until the Series X patch arrives, I won't be able to fully enjoy it knowing a much better version is comjng

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely getting AC Valhalla whenever I can snag a new Xbox. I'm going to get Miles Morales after getting a PS5 probably sometime in 2021/2022. I'll probably pass on Cyberpunk. I don't love the Witcher series, it never quite clicked with me, and I'm not really into CD Projekt Red anymore. Yakuza and Watch Dogs aren't really on my radar at the moment.

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
the one not produced by a company with a huge systemic issue with sexual harassment and the one not produced by a company with year long death marches of crunch & a history of transphobia.

Quellyford

May 16, 2020
spider man ps4 sold more then 13m copies on a single console. How much did Odyssey sell on just ps4?

Source?

As far as I remember Spider Man outsold Odyssey and that's an exclusive game.
Well for one, Spiderman PS4 was included with consoles so that inflated a lot of numbers (Kinect Adventures sold 24 million for the same reason, and we wouldn't go calling that a bigger franchise than Spiderman).

On the other hand, Ubisoft doesn't release sales figures, but did confirm Origins passed 10 million and Odyssey had about a 170% increase in sales over Origins, so the numbers are likely high. Also, Assassin's Creed sells consistently well, whereas I can't think of another Spiderman game in recent history that has sold well.

Vidpixel

Oct 27, 2017
Miles Morales for sure. Kinda wanna wait for the next-gen versions of Cyberpunk, but idk if I'll be able to hold off that long.

pksu

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Cyberpunk 2077 is the most interesting one and after that I'll probably buy & play Yakuza. I've had enough of Ubisoft open worlds for now.

cLOUDo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
cyberpunk 2077 but that depends if i can carry over my progress to ps5 (which i plan to buy in march 2021)

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
I've preordered Watch Dogs Legion and Cyberpunk for xbox at Gamestop and paid them both off. Both have an offer of getting $20 in gamestop rewards if you preorder and payoff and pickup on release week, effectively dropping the price to $40, so thats great. Watch Dogs has an even better deal, the first weekend Gamestop will take it back in trade and pay $60 trade price meaning I'll just pay the $5 tax or so for a weekend rental.

I want to eventually play AC Valhalla but I just finished Odyssey like a month ago, it took me 190 hours to complete, and i feel like Valhalla will be similar so I'll start it in 6-8 months when all the DLCs are out, a PS5 patch is out, etc.

I just finished Yakuza 2 a month ago, got 3-5 in the hopper, will wait until PS5 version of Yakuza 7 to check that out since I've played all the others so far on PS4.

Really looking forward to Cyberpunk the most.

speedomodel

Oct 27, 2017
My brother is getting Cyberpunk and we console share. So I'll probably end up buying Watch Dogs from that list. Rest will be in 2021 at soonest.

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017

killa2max

May 17, 2018
Seattle, WA
Cyberpunk is probably the only game I'll get at launch (probably on Xbox). Eventually I'll pick up Yakuza, but I need to finish Yakuza 5 and 6 first. Valhalla and Legion are still a wait and see for me. Might pick Miles over the holiday, but that depends on the price and length of the game.