kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is funny for a 2020 device. Who still buy this now?

71nDX36Y9UL._AC_SX466_.jpg
I buy rechargeable batteries and use them over and over and over. They pay for themselves very quickly and I never have to worry about built-in batteries exploding or slowly growing weaker. They're honestly a win-win.

Borman

Digital Games Curator at The Strong Museum
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Replaceable rechargeables are better for preservation longterm.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
What?! Lol. Buy a new controller when the built-in battery dies? I hope you didn't throw away any controllers, because the battery died!
You can very easily replace the built-in battery in the Dualshock 3, 4 and Switch controllers, If you know how a screwdriver works and how to unplug a cable.
Nah, new controller

Liliana

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
NYC
Imagine reading without being defensive, imagine someone who never heard or about this Eneloops thing? Plug and play and it's cool.

I mean, you don't read the actual thread, you post a drive-by picture and ask who uses these in 2020, and you ask me if I still use these other then my TV remote. The burden doesn't fall on me or the other people responding to you here.

But glad you learned something today. Eneloops are absolutely amazing.

bug

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Paris
I mean, you don't read the actual thread, you post a drive-by picture and ask who uses these in 2020, and you ask me if I still use these other then my TV remote. The burden doesn't fall on me or the other people responding to you here.

But glad you learned something today. Eneloops are absolutely amazing.
I mean really who still uses batteries in 2020?
I searched for https://www.amazon.fr/s?k=Eneloops&__mk_fr_FR=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&ref=nb_sb_noss
Why do you want/need more devices in your house? Just plug usb and recharge the controller.

Betamaxbandit

Jan 30, 2018
I searched for https://www.amazon.fr/s?k=Eneloops&__mk_fr_FR=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&ref=nb_sb_noss
Why do you want/need more devices in your house? Just plug usb and recharge the controller.

why are you so incensed about people actually having a different opinion than you. Your drive by post failed and your still choosing this inconsequential hill to die on. Just move on! You've already successfully derailed this thread. Mission accomplished

Oct 25, 2017
I had no idea Xbox controllers still use batteries, I got eneloops for my 360 controller back in the day

I never had a chance to use an XB1 controller this gen

Dec 31, 2017
A lot of people do actually, gives you better battery life than the abysmal PS4 controller does and you can switch the batteries and get back to playing immediately instead of having to plug in your controller. It's called being smart.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Anyone here have both enloops and ikea ladda batteries? If so how do they compare.

People seem to thumbs up the ikea as being just as good at 1/4 the cost but mine only last maybe 10-12 hours in an Xbox controller.

nullZr0

Alt account
Banned
Mar 2, 2020
The unboxing experience looks to be up there with the rest of MS hardware. Crispy AF.

Indy_Rex

Banned
Sep 20, 2020
why not both? they sell separately a pack so you can recharge via usb type c

now you get options

a) keep using AA, and swapping
b) or get rechargeable AA batteries
c) or buy the battery pack, which mikes it like any other internal battery controller it

Amazon.com: Xbox Rechargeable Battery + USB-C® Cable: Video Games

Amazon.com: Xbox Rechargeable Battery + USB-C® Cable: Video Games

the plus side here is, if battery dies, you can just replace the pack or the AA, in any other controller you have to buy a new controller, sounds like a win win to me

Why... not include the rechargeable battery in the box? They have a replaceable solution and everyone else has built-in options... why isn't it in the box?

This whole "options" argument is so silly. Yes eneloops exist, but the argument isn't "it needs to be internal or not at all" it's "just include a rechargeable battery in the first place".

You can have "options" ~and~ a rechargable battery in the box.

Deleted member 70824

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 2, 2020
MS are having a tough time controlling the spread of information.

The Series S was a known secret for 2 years. Then the official Series S reveal was leaked ahead of time. Now this video.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
Very nice. As a PS guy, MS is doing an awesome job of making their new system attractive to me. Love the packaging - it contributes to the general vibe of the console, and the way MS wants users to think of it.

I'm fine with the AAs, although I'd prefer a rechargable design. Controllers take a pounding, and their batteries tend to last longer than their sticks and buttons.

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone here have both enloops and ikea ladda batteries? If so how do they compare.

People seem to thumbs up the ikea as being just as good at 1/4 the cost but mine only last maybe 10-12 hours in an Xbox controller.
The Ladda batteries should have the same capacity as the eneloop pros, so even more than standard eneloops. They are supposedly manufactured in the same factory in Japan because there's only one low self-discharge battery factory in the country.

Lifendz

Oct 27, 2017
"Power your dreams" sounds like the title of a Tony Robbins book. The packaging and box are top notch.

Deleted member 20986

Oct 28, 2017
That's a pretty nifty unboxing design, but I prefer recycled egg tray for my PS5, thanks.

infinityBCRT

Nov 1, 2017
I buy rechargeable batteries and use them over and over and over. They pay for themselves very quickly and I never have to worry about built-in batteries exploding or slowly growing weaker. They're honestly a win-win.
As someone who has access to multiple Xboxes and PS4s, and hosted a game night 3-4 times a year pre-pandemic, I can say the AA solution with rechargeable batteries is way more convenient. Just need to have a bin of recharged batteries ready to go if any controller dies. For PS4 I have to ensure I'm charging those things ahead of time, and I'm also having to find other chargers around the house if I want to charge more than 2 at a time per system.

brobban

Oct 28, 2017
I don't understand this whole debate about rechargable batteries. It's like it's a new concept for people that you don't have to throw out batteries once they are used. I've been using rechargable batteries for various electronic equipment since mid 80s, they're sold everywhere (even my local neigbourhood grocery store sells them).
The once I'm using now (GP Powerbank), I've used since early Xbox 360, and they still hold the charge for ~15h or more

Deleted member 17289

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"el mata playstation"

This guy is Dominican, i have a co-worker that he and his friends have a group chat on WhatsApp on they keep calling the XsX the same name, they are all Dominican so this seems to be a nickname they have adopted for the console.

Sep 19, 2019
Hamburg- Germany
I don't understand this whole debate about rechargable batteries. It's like it's a new concept for people that you don't have to throw out batteries once they are used. I've been using rechargable batteries for various electronic equipment since mid 80s, they're sold everywhere (even my local neigbourhood grocery store sells them).
The once I'm using now (GP Powerbank), I've used since early Xbox 360, and they still hold the charge for ~15h or more

I actually wonder why the industry didn't cut the non rechargeables yet, it's such a waste of material and not sustainable at all.

Sep 19, 2019
Hamburg- Germany
MS are having a tough time controlling the spread of information.

The Series S was a known secret for 2 years. Then the official Series S reveal was leaked ahead of time. Now this video.

I think they still control the drop of informations very good. An unboxing isn't anything they should be afraid of since the consoles are out in the wild for a while know officially.

Jimbobsmells

Nov 17, 2017
"el mata playstation"

This guy is Dominican, i have a co-worker that he and his friends have a group chat on WhatsApp on they keep calling the XsX the same name, they are all Dominican so this seems to be a nickname they have adopted for the console.
Seems to speak to a deep level of insecurity that they choose to name their console of choice after another brand. Quit looking over the shoulder, Xbox are knocking it out the park so far.