Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's how they ground it, I don't know if it's just the art style or how they film it but never looks right. All I see is a action figure/high end cosplay in 60fps live weirdness.

You could say Stormtroopers are similar in costumes but my brain never thinks this looks a bit off.

OIP.BsJ-4S4l33jtCNsYsgsd0QHaEK

main-qimg-83b41bb2e53aad387c045b2fb52707a2

4f405a4b27ed5c3751e5c7d74a9a7272fd4dd774_hq.jpg
Except that video clip isn't 60 FPS

Kavalier_Clay

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 16, 2021
I don't think any live action Halo TV show was going to be lighter tone.

That's sad. In a world where the MCU has paved the way for lighter more upbeat movies and tv shows, we're getting a Halo that looks as drab and dour af. It's simply not the tone of the video game. Why spend so much money on something that ultimately the fans won't relate to (as far as similarities with the game franchise is concerned).

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's sad. In a world where the MCU has paved the way for lighter more upbeat movies and tv shows, we're getting a Halo that looks as drab and dour af. It's simply not the tone of the video game. Why spend so much money on something that ultimately the fans won't relate to (as far as similarities with the game franchise is concerned).

People want dark and gritty. If I take Star Wars for example, it's why Rogue One and Mandalorian are so popular. I don't care myself, but people just want stuff to be "mature" for the sake of it.

Charcoal

Nov 2, 2017
I would love to hear Chief crack a family friendly joke after a grenade he throws kills a space monkey and a squadron of marines.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC

Willin

Oct 28, 2017
Filming scenes with Master Chief with such a large reflective helmet must have been an absolute nightmare.

Streaks

Oct 28, 2017
Extreme "we couldn't afford a Super Bowl spot so we're doing the AFC Championship game instead" energy.
It's probably more about the game being on CBS which is owned by ViacomCBS which owns Peacock+ so it's heavily reduced or even free. It may also show up at the Superbowl but more than likely not. I could see it being cheap but I don't put much stock in those commercials anymore anyway. More people watch all those commercials online before the games or it gets pushed through social media at lightning speed anyway.

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
How many times do we see commercials for a TV series that's not the broadcasters on the SB?

I guess not often? Sometimes I forget that it's going to Paramount+, and honestly I will likely forget that it's coming out until I read about it here. Such is the way with the smaller streaming services that aren't Netflix/HBO Max/Disney+.

Deleted member 8579

Oct 26, 2017
That actor's swagger isn't covered by that suit, lol. I can see his face from Orange is the New Black, moustache too. Female Spartan got the swag too.

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not really into Halo, played a bit of Halo 1 and I think I beat Halo 2 but that's about it. This show is looking good so far though. I'm interested to see how it turns out.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
Is Blue Team comprised of different Spartans than in the official lore?

I'm interested to see this story and how it differentiates from the games.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
All explained here
www.resetera.com

Halo TV Show - Update on our first season, some exclusive new details, and a full exploration of the Silver Timeline

But what else are we up to? We are deep in post-production and finishing on the show. Building a world at the scope and scale of the Halo universe means extensive VFX which is an intensive but awesome process and arguably my favorite part. Melding our sci-fi elements with real people and...

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
The 343 post from the other day seems to indicate that this show follows (and has Chief on?) a Silver Team.
Well, before he was the leader of Blue team, he was a Commander of Red Team. In reality spartan teams get created and split up pretty frequently.

You have certain matchups that work really well together so the UNSC tries to keep them together and after awhile it just becomes the status quo. But if a mission needs a specific skillset they'll pull from all over to make a team for that purpose.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2017
The 343 post from the other day seems to indicate that this show follows (and has Chief on?) a Silver Team.

You have it all wrong. That post was explaining how the show takes place in what they are calling the "silver timeline" a non canon branch of the Halo Universe that will pull in pieces of the real lore and stories but go their own direction with.

Pennybags

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
You have it all wrong. That post was explaining how the show takes place in what they are calling the "silver timeline" a non canon branch of the Halo Universe that will pull in pieces of the real lore and stories but go their own direction with.

Do I? Go back and read it. It talks about how they're using that term as a meta continuity thing AND in-universe.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Do I? Go back and read it. It talks about how they're using that term as a meta continuity thing AND in-universe.
yes it's a triple entendre for Silver Team (like Blue Team), the "silver screen" and the "Silver Timeline" meaning a non-canon/alternate timeline from the games/books (aka Gold Timeline)

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020

Their blog on the silver timeline also mentions that the show will have a "Silver Team" that the Spartans shown in the teaser trailer are part of.

EroticSushi

Oct 25, 2017
There's just something with every single live action Halo piece done so far that just doesn't look right with the Spartans.

They just don't carry that weight and thickness with the armor when moving around. Like I look at that clip + the previous trailer and just have a feeling like that armor is some light weight thin plastic. Which it probably is of course but it's just something that makes you think "That doesn't feel or look right."

I had the same feeling when they did Chief in Forward Unto Dawn. His armor just didn't translate that well on screen as the heavy tank like armor it's suppose to be in-universe. I guess it's just something to accept since they obviously need to make the costumes light weight so that the actors can move around but then you kind of lose that hefty-ness that they need in the process.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Sliver team is there so its not just master chief by himself.

Chippewa Barr