Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
https://www.superherohype.com/tv/427971-arrowverse-producers-explain-batmans-absence-from-elseworlds

According to Dries, the Arrowverse version of Batman has been MIA for years, allowing Gotham City's crime rate to rise. "Our approach is: What does Gotham look like after the Batman has been gone for three years?" Dries told EW. "So if you have the law and order, protector, and hope gone, what happens as a result? Some people are thriving in his absence because now they can start to do their own thing without the oversight. A lot of other people are suffering and they're losing hope, and the city itself and infrastructure is falling apart. So it's not a happy place. Our guys walk into a grimy, scary Gotham."

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's right muthafuckas... we finally got confirmation of earth 1 Batman

Which means an Earth 1 Superman and Supergirl could also exist out there somewhere... but perhaps they have not been heroing

I theorized a bit of Flashpoint like idea that Kal crashed on Earth and was intercepted by some Government Agency before he could be raised by the Kents and was locked underground never reaching his full potential

Jason Frost

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, if Batman is missing since at least 3 years, why do we have never of him even before that?

Also, Oliver made a reference about Bruce Wayne in the fifth season of Arrow, does it mean that Bruce Wayne was already missing at that time?

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cisco said Batman ok...but Grant says BADMAN
He knows

$_12.JPG

Hopefully that image works

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, if Batman is missing since at least 3 years, why do we have never of him even before that?

Also, Oliver made a reference about Bruce Wayne in the fifth season of Arrow, does it mean that Bruce Wayne was already missing at that time?
Different Earth, different Bruce Wayne.

Bruce on Arrow's Earth never became Batman.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damnit... I was just in the middle of watching the ep and I hadn't gotten there yet.. though it makes sense with all the Ice theme in the ep