Lethologica

Oct 27, 2017
Nope nope nope Imma call you out on that shit.

No way your computer...the one you use is cold booting within 10 seconds.
A heavily heavily optimized boot is under 10 seconds......Windows on average with a quick SSD will be closer to 20+ seconds.

2019-09-18-image-9.png

05112952731l.jpg

windows-10-startup.png
QFT.

I have a 970 EVO as my boot drive and my computer's last cold boot time was 16.4s.

Dimajjio

Oct 13, 2019
Is cold boot measured from the time you press the power button on the PC? Or after the UEFI bits finish and you get the circle of balls spinning?

Caspar

Oct 29, 2017
UK
It definitely gives me PS2 boot vibes, but just not quite as Silent Hill 2 chimey sounding enough to beat it.

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
Imagine what the boot sequence could've been if we didn't have Lockheart holding back our next gen Series X experience.

/s

Looks good!

sinny

Oct 28, 2017
Nice! I guess the people who made this really like the Playstation start up sounds.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Is cold boot measured from the time you press the power button on the PC? Or after the UEFI bits finish and you get the circle of balls spinning?

Cold boot.

Unplug the power cable and hold down the power button.
Plug the power cable back in.
Hit power
Start counting

Your motherboard post and all are part of the boot sequence....tis why motherboards with fast boot and ultra boot matter.

P40L0

Jun 12, 2018
Italy
I can hear something from 360 boot up sound in it, but more elegant, techy and peaceful now.

With a bit of PS2 also:

=

I love it.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
8ZSb8BdCak9TvLc8dZxNQS-650-80.png

Windows booting in around 10 seconds is not that weird. Like, I've had my PC boot up before my monitor finished turning on.

Read the article.

In the real world no one is actively using a computer that has literally nothing but windows on it.
Having every startup app off and most services off as well, every fastboot option on and maxed skipping a bunch of POST while also OC'ing everything because all you are doing is actually slowing yourself down because yes you see your desktop faster.....but now you still have to wait for your services to actually start.
Having your PC in a constant High performance state also doesnt make mcuh sense.

Id like to see your sub 10 second cold boots.
Since its so fast itll literally take you ten seconds to record a cold boot.

P.S If this is what your SSD looks like: You probably have enough money to never actually need to switch your computer off.
nvme_ssd_primary_intel_optane_ssd_905p-100766723-large.3x2.jpg

P.P.S Win 10s Fastboot is basically Hibernation+ so not a cold boot.

Figments

Spencer’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
California
Y'all can wait 7 to 10 seconds.

Your games ain't going anywhere just because the console has to boot.

Kittenz

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
I like that it sort of captures all the Xbox logos. The original didn't have the sphere -- so it starts just seeing the X. Then it goes to silver (360) and then to the more current white. I will bet, as people have pointed out it sounds like elements of the older boot screens, that that sound effect contains pieces of all the previous gens.

Both of these fit the whole idea of Xbox as a continuum, not a separate generation, from "Series" to back compat going all the way back 19 years. It's very smart.

My question is the green/white reflection off the Xbox letters. It favors the right side--> just extending into the future? The B in Xbox has pointed left forever and this effect goes off to the right. I zoomed and sharpened and it doesn't seem to be a message. Or it's above my paygrade.

One other thing as I tried going as slowly as I could looking for stuff. ONE time there was a flash and like a backward c, connected to the sphere right underneath, like a fishhook hanging off it. I couldn't recreate it, but I also didn't import somewhere to go frame by frame. Might be nothing.