• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Good teaser. I don't even have any issues with the makeup as it looks like that's what he'll use when he performing on stage. His ears aren't painted.

Have a feeling the last few minutes of the movie are him falling into the chemicals.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, y'all gotta remember this is an origin movie. I'd bet money on the makeup changing by the end of the film.

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Maybe focus tested is the wrong term. But Leto's Joker was some shill fuck transparent "what a board room of fucking execs think is cool" ass shit. It's like all of them were those douche bags who suddenly were like "I've always loved Joker" after seeing Dark Knight.
Nah, I don't really think so. I thought from the beginning, Leto's Joker probably evolved from execs telling Ayers to do a new take on the character that was visually distinct from Ledger.

I think Leto's Joker looks mostly fine. It's a shame that the film sucks, and most of his work was cut.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Probably proto-Joker.

DnokKw2XcAAPin_.jpg:large
As a prequel/old school Joker, he's excellent. Feels like his final form might resemble Romero.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Glad to hear he's a stand up in this universe.

Always liked that take on the Joker origin.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
A shitload better than Leto, nowhere NEAR as good as Ledger, and still not the joker I wanna see.

I want them to bring the Joker to life. Not bring their own personal spin to the character.

jontin

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
This is Elsewords.
Batman might not be a thing here and this might be a one shot, no sequels or continuity. Basically a "take" on Joker character.

Until the Flashpoint movie, wherein Phoenix Joker merges with the DCEU... If he's good, I could actually see that happening.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
its just his initial look, wanted to hear his laugh. pretty confident that regardless of how film turns out Phoenix will be amazing

Chuck Noblet

Oct 27, 2017
A shitload better than Leto, nowhere NEAR as good as Ledger, and still not the joker I wanna see.

I want them to bring the Joker to life. Not bring their own personal spin to the character
If Matt Reeves stays on for 3 movies(as he has said he wants to do), you'll likely get what you want. But even then, still gonna get someone's personal spin on the character.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
This is Elsewords.
Batman might not be a thing here and this might be a one shot, no sequels or continuity. Basically a "take" on Joker character.
I'm actually hoping there isn't a Batman in this universe and this is just full on American Psycho batshit crazy.

Could you imagine what Gotham would look like with just The Joker running around? Terrifying.

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
Context is everything... if this is his final and full joker form through the movie, it really depends on the story, tone and other aspects of the film as to rather it works for me or not.

I do like it though.

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah this look is definitely going to change as Joker progressively loses his sanity during the film.

I imagine the end look will be grungier and faded

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm down.

I'm beginning to just accept this film as not really tied to DC or some greater universe and just a cool film.

The make up is interesting. But the only thing that really matters is the performance.

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe focus tested is the wrong term. But Leto's Joker was some shill fuck transparent "what a board room of fucking execs think is cool" ass shit. It's like all of them were those douche bags who suddenly were like "I've always loved Joker" after seeing Dark Knight.
Sounds like they just let David Ayer do whatever the hell he wanted on suicide squad. GANGSTERS! TATTOOS! EVERYWHERE! I mean hell, he wrote the script in 2 weeks, like wtf was WB doing.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually hoping there isn't a Batman in this universe and this is just full on American Psycho batshit crazy.

Could you imagine what Gotham would look like with just The Joker running around? Terrifying.
I expect a very serious and brutal Falling Down. Basically a man snaps and goes all out in one night. I suspect he will simply get shot at the end by police but the damage will be done.

Nov 11, 2017

He has a lot of scenes already that could fit this movie :p.
I reckon he'll be a bit of a nobody that transforms once he puts on the makeup.

Inkvoterad

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks very grounded. I'm interested in what way they will take this. Is it a completely Joker focused standalone thing? not based on any comic story or batman-related?
A dark grounded thriller based on the Joker would be pretty cool.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Joaquin is so fucking weird, he's a great pick for a nutty street level villain.

Not that I have any real faith in DC films at present but at the very least, I'm looking forward to this take.