• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They're going to localize Mother 3 and make it a limited time for one day. Mother 3 will go on to sell 20+ million in one day.

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone who buys and supports this limited time garbage is part of the problem.

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
Woah that's beautiful. This is pretty cool but it should really include the DS remake or the other NES+SNES titles in a collection tbh. I know it's discounted but it still would've been a nicer package. Also I hate that this limited time shit is becoming a thing.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bad arguments in this thread:

the limited thing is "only for anniversaries"

they did this with the physical-only Kirby, Mario and Zelda releases in the past

the price of the game is cheap so that excuses the practice

No. It's not. And it doesn't justify past shitty practices either. What about people who don't have a switch yet? What if they get one after the limited time has come up?

Nintendo can do bad. Its okay

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I'll throw 8 Canadian Dollars at Nintendo to support them localizing and releasing formerly Japan-only titles, and/or re-releasing games to celebrate anniversaries. I don't particularly like the limited-time nature of it, but it is what it is.

You know what else is celebrating it's 30th anniversary this year? F-Zero! Let me pay $30 for an F-Zero GX re-release!

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Woah that's beautiful. This is pretty cool but it should really include the DS remake or the other NES+SNES titles in a collection tbh. I know it's discounted but it still would've been a nicer package. Also I hate that this limited time shit is becoming a thing.

The DS remake is what nearly caused them to stop localising the series entirely, they're going to distance themselves from it whenever they can.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Would rather the SNES games, but I appreciate the gesture at least, maybe this will open the way to more translations.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Sucks that it's limited time but at least the digital version is cheap

Lol @ physical collection with a digital code

Been wanting to play more FE - only played awakening and shadows of valentia

I am fine with NES games since I still play nes games 😂

Bman94

Oct 28, 2017
And there's the December game. With all things considered (being that we knew almost nothing about Nintendo's 2020 plans going into the year), Nintendo put out a pretty decent flow of software this year. Its debatable if its the weakest year for the switch or not, but they definitely filled out a lot of gaps in software line ups.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Yeah, I'll throw 8 Canadian Dollars at Nintendo to support them localizing and releasing formerly Japan-only titles, and/or re-releasing games to celebrate anniversaries. I don't particularly like the limited-time nature of it, but it is what it is.

You know what else is celebrating it's 30th anniversary this year? F-Zero! Let me pay $30 for an F-Zero GX re-release!
I forgot it was F-Zero's 30th as well. Dammit Nintendo just re-release F-Zero GX dammit.

May 19, 2020
The people complaining about digital scarcity should probably realize that Nintendo is super popular with hackers and this game will undoubtedly be ripped and made available after the limited time offer expires. Look I get that the digital scarcity sucks but it's not like the content will actually disappear in this day and age.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
The people complaining about digital scarcity should probably realize that Nintendo is super popular with hackers and this game will undoubtedly be ripped and made available after the limited time offer expires. Look I get that the digital scarcity sucks but it's not like the content will actually disappear in this day and age.
That's all fine in well until Nintendo tries to sue everyone into oblivion instead of just letting us give them money.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't most Collector's edition a "while supplies last" stuff? I remember Xenoblade X was this way, too.

Edit: Oh the digital edition is limited too, yipes lol

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hahahaha

Deleted member 63122

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 16, 2020
I wonder if Metroid Trilogy, if coming, will benefit from a limited release?
The series never sold well, maybe a limited release can get people to try it and jump on it faster.

Nov 4, 2017
This manufactured scarcity from making digital games limited edition bullshit needs to go away. I refuse to be forced into panic buying a game.

Do better, Nintendo. I'm not 10 anymore; I'm not just going to blindly gush over everything you do.

Big Yoshi

Nov 25, 2018
Why localize a gme that already had a remake that came out in english instead of the like 10 fe games that never came out in english? Or the ones that are like 200 dollars to buy now?

Kiro

Oct 27, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Is this not just a worse version of FE Shadow Dragon for the DS? I loved that game, but I don't think I need to play through this one again.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting. I'm ALMOST willing to give it a try with those QOL features, but I mean... it's a 30 year-old NES RPG, and I'm not sure I have the patience for that sort of thing at this point.

Cool that they're putting it out there, though.

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
Limited release is a bummer, but $6 for a localization and new features sort of offsets that for me.

People wanted VC back instead of NSO titles, they get what's essentially a VC release (for $6) with an English localization and modern features, and that's apparently a problem too. I'm not sure what y'all want lol

This is essentially my thoughts as well. I don't get it. You pay what amounts to $1.67 a month for a constantly (albeit Nintendo should definitely speed up the pace of these drops) updating Nintendo and SNES catalog of games AND they port over and localize a classic Japan only game with QOL features and it's also a problem.

People just want Nintendo to just put every NES and SNES game ever on the Switch like they owe us something. Nintendo is never going to look out for us this way because they are a business.

I just honestly lower my expectations with classic stuff with Nintendo. If we get something cool, great. If not, fuck it. It's a shame to think of them this way, but as long as they keep pumping out timeless games like Odyssey and BotW, I'll be there day 1.

They do look dumb as shit with the limited availability shit.