• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
They should have included this in NSO and have the collector edition anyway as a packaged purchase. Not a good look that even the paid rom is only available for a short time.

Jebusman

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax, NS
You know, I almost get not putting this in with the NSO NES classics if they had to put resources and time into localizing this and want to recoup that, but also making it limited time is just.... come on man.

eseqko

Oct 27, 2017
I was ready to come in here to talk about how Nintendo Switch Online is finally turning a corner and showing it's worth... but nope.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I've been so close to buying these for Famicom so many times in the past and not bothered because I knew it'd ultimately be pointless because a game like FE is gonna be nothing without being to read it.

I'm hyped as hell!

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
OH DAMN!!!

I guess the extra localization resources are why this isn't on NSO. But still, this is massive!

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
I see that got time to localize an old ass NES game and not Mother 3 though.

Lmao limited time bullshit for all their anniversary shit.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I get the 30th Anniversary Edition being limited, but the goddamn eshop version too? STOP NINTENDO PLEASE

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
They make a physical anniversary edition but put a digital code in it instead of a cart?

Runner

Nov 1, 2017
it's a funny subversion for a nintendo trailer to start with smash but switch to a different game

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
1. Fuck off with that Disney Vault shit (*sigh* ...at least it's reasonably affordable at only $6)
2. That's rad, how much does the physical edition cost?

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
On one hand, extreme disappointment that this isn't physical. Butt on the other, I count this as "extraordinary circumstance" so I'll try to snag the anniversary edition.

Incredible news, good lord. I love Fire Emblem.

awake4ages

Neo•Geo Saver
Oct 27, 2017
Gamers shocked that localization costs money, more at 11

But I do agree with y'all the scarcity is bullshit. Like it's excusable on physical products but digitally? Makes no sense.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Fuck this is going to be a trend with them now. Fuck off Nintendo, seriously.
I mean it looks like it just applies to the physical edition, right? Pretty typical for a big special edition package to be a launch only type thing.

Edit: Looks like the digital too if the link is anything to go by. Doesn't specify the 30th anniversary edition (I misread that above). Lame.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, this new limited-availability shit seems to be a new standard going forward for Nintendo.

when people talk about anti-consumer practices THIS is a sterling example

It's just like 3D Allstars a celebration release because FE has it's 30th anniversary this year.

This limited stuff isn't going to be the standard for any regular release ...

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
I'm impressed they went ahead and did this. The cost is minimal... I'm in!

MAY even get that collector's edition to have if the price isn't too nuts.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
wha

this

more like this plz nintendo

(cept the limited time crap. that is bs.)

Shoes

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Totally fine with $6 for a full localization and QOL changes. But this limited time stuff is total garbage.

Oct 25, 2017
Wow! Did not expect that.
At least it will be better than the remake. "KIll your allies to access extra levels" my ass...

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
I'm extremely happy that this got localized, the limited time thing is a headscratcher but I will eat this up, guilty as charged.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
At least its only 6 bucks. Should be an NES Online game but can't have that service have too much value! Just give me fuckin' Mother 3 since you want to go and localize shit.

ramenline

Jan 9, 2019
"you don't know FIRE EMBLEM?" man that va was cringe lmaooo

awesome that we're getting this tho

daripad

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Being localized in English only means that it probably won't come out in my country, just like Mario Kart Live is not on sale here. Damn.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Gamers shocked that localization costs money, more at 11

But I do agree with y'all the scarcity is bullshit. Like it's excusable on physical products but digitally? Makes no sense.

The thing is technically they already localized it when they remade this game for the DS. I'm 90% sure they just shoved the translation for that game into this.

You want to really get me excited, announce a localization of Binding Blade (the Fire Emblem game that Roy is from). We got the prequel (released as Fire Emblem for GBA) so why the hell not?

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You guys better get ready for Nintendo to do the same next year with Zelda, by the way.

The thing is NSO already lets you rewind games, so wtf is the point?

The rewind features here look a lot more optimal than NSO's rewind, and while NSO does have a bookmark feature, it was very manual whereas this looks more automatic.