• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You bet. One of my favorite games

5e0.gif

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda liking Ethlyn so far. Pretty solid mounted healer, though she takes a huge back seat to Veronica. Still very useful for this Tempest, though.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
I recently got Elise, and used my free pull for Veronica, so 3 new mounted healers is nice. I don't see myself using Ethlyn a lot after this event but right now she's great - been a while since I could field a team capable of reliably autobattling lunatic 5. That was easy back in the day but the average new unit is so much stronger than the enemies we had to fight in the first few TTs. And some of my best autobattlers are no longer efficient to use due to being HM capped.

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
Horse emblem just needs Arena to drop the BST bias for them to move back into the spotlight. Razzle Dazzle Cavalry healers are monsters only held back by their low stats.

Sol

Oct 25, 2017
I have to say, the reaction to the tier list update is...entertaining in a way that boggles the mind.

Sol

Oct 25, 2017
Let's just say that people are surprisingly not happy when terrible units suddenly become good and leave it at that.

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
You mean healers, because non healers cavalry just arent worth using over fliers or armors
Galeforce sweepers and ranged nukes still have a niche through their movement, but even that has been diminished. Mixed/Enemy phase builds are the ones that have become completely obsolete, using multiple stats just makes their lower BST more apparent.

Even then, it wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the lobsided skill availability. That's what really puts things over the edge.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
I have to say the Lewyn infinite spamming blazing wind build is really fun to play.

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
Built optimally, Odin is a Blade tome that can feasibly use specials and doesn't need an entire team revolving around him to get +6 buffs, but instead dishes them out.

He still loses to basically every other relevant mage in terms of damage, but he can also play support and frees up the C-Slot on the rest of the team. S- is still a bit high for my taste, but I can see an argument for it.

spiritfox

Oct 26, 2017
Odin's main advantages are the ability to self buff and having the bulk to trade blows with some of the top tier DC users. Fast glass cannons like Nino are falling off in the top tiers because they need their followups to kill but cannot survive a counterattack from a Zelgius or a B!Hector after their first hit.

Yes, Desperation exists but you need to have it active rather than just getting +6/+6 from a Reposition.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Finally did the Abyssal Defenses.
Of course I used guides, cause I'm too dumb to do it otherwise.

Sol

Oct 25, 2017
Built optimally, Odin is a Blade tome that can feasibly use specials and doesn't need an entire team revolving around him to get +6 buffs, but instead dishes them out.

He still loses to basically every other relevant mage in terms of damage, but he can also play support and frees up the C-Slot on the rest of the team. S- is still a bit high for my taste, but I can see an argument for it.

In terms of damage, so long as he's still killing the things that need to be killed in one round, he's good. Luckily, giving him a speed boon gives him a serviceable speed after a buff, so he'll have some good mixed phase action in between. Remember, a fully buffed bladetome still hits like a fucking truck, even with an attack stat as low as Odin's.

His refine also opens up some hilarious team comps, like the one I just made:

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know whether to be more scared of Ophelia or Flora. Well at least best boy Silas is here.

Status
Not open for further replies.